The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Elemental Blockade - A morph that has very little appeal.

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or just change Unstable so that it does not explode if cast early. Controversial option but it would make Impulse more relevant.

it's really not an issue since impulse offers mangle and additional damage related effects that make it come out on top. while you can make an argument for frost impulse from a damage dealer's perspective, having the ability for unstable to tick while also having more aoe chilled proc and minor mangle puts it above. it also just costs more to spam than impulse.

frost impulse needs to be changed to have a damage effect and elemental ring needs improvements to make it do something unique over pulsar other than being a wonky ranged aoe ground skill.

But it doesn’t cost more. I was playing just the other day and the Mag costs were exactly the same.

it does

mj292af95dq1.png

zqdvcn9fm50h.png

same build.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just change Unstable so that it does not explode if cast early. Controversial option but it would make Impulse more relevant.

it's really not an issue since impulse offers mangle and additional damage related effects that make it come out on top. while you can make an argument for frost impulse from a damage dealer's perspective, having the ability for unstable to tick while also having more aoe chilled proc and minor mangle puts it above. it also just costs more to spam than impulse.

frost impulse needs to be changed to have a damage effect and elemental ring needs improvements to make it do something unique over pulsar other than being a wonky ranged aoe ground skill.

But it doesn’t cost more. I was playing just the other day and the Mag costs were exactly the same.

it does

mj292af95dq1.png

zqdvcn9fm50h.png

same build.

I don’t know then. Because on my toon the numbers are the same.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blockade must be 16 seconds to be on par with Unstable OR base damage must be increased by 12% (from 316 to 354)
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

it does

mj292af95dq1.png

zqdvcn9fm50h.png

same build.

is it because you're not using frost wall? and instead, fire or shock?
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it does

mj292af95dq1.png

zqdvcn9fm50h.png

same build.

is it because you're not using frost wall? and instead, fire or shock?

No, defo Frost. It's my main.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    Blockade must be 16 seconds to be on par with Unstable OR base damage must be increased by 12% (from 316 to 354)

I don't think making its damage on par is the right way forward. The problem with Blockade is that it just doesn't offer enough to any build really.

Sure extra AOE and duration might be enough for some people, but Unstable does everything that Blockade does and more. No matter what wall you are running. More Damage, AND 2 shields for the price of one on a Frost staff.

I stand by my case for higher status effect chance. Having it do more raw damage would make unstable obsolete, this is not the way forward. Nor is making Blockade purely Tank based. The reason I call for higher status chance, is that it benefits all builds. More damage for DD, healer and tank as status damage will tick more often or refresh in the case of Burning. But, it would allow Unstable to remain relevant.

Remember, 14 seconds is kind of clunky in current rotations.