Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Poison spreaded in event areas... is killing people

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know how (not yet) but someone is spreading poison in the event zone in Belkarth (Craglorn). This poison gives a red AOE stuck on people, and it passes from one to another. In few minutes you are dead, I died while I was speaking with the Impresario. How is it possible that ZOS gave such a thing to people??? ZOS don't you know that a lot of tossic players are always present ???
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, not been killed but couldn't intersect with quest giver so not started yet
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Peryite is giving you his blessings.
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need a GM in game immediately to clear this up it is stalling the event for the entire server.

Not sure if you can figure out the culprit but a perma ban seems in order.

@ZOS_Kevin
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU, didn't die on my lowbie on new account, but had to run out of red over and over until Fasaria was open to speak to. Very unfunny. Didn't happen on PC NA - at least while I was there earlier. Gonna have to do EU way early in my morning I guess.
    Edited by TaSheen on June 30, 2022 9:06PM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    please check the combat logs in Craglorn for any who has had the effect for longer than 10 mins and who has also run the corresponding trial that gives the effect and perma ban them.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, that guy is yelling "For the honour of Peryite". Probably wants to get his account banned or something...
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ganzaeso wrote: »
    the corresponding trial that gives the effect

What kind of effect is that even?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    plaguebreak? duels?
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    Nah. ZoS just conceived a good Bubonic plagued flavoring ESO strain of digital Covid
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually envy, was a really fun time years back around on pc-eu. It's sanctum poison still probably, was patched I guess but seems not really.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like it escaped from Sanctum Ophidia.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, wanted to touchbase here. We are aware of this issue and have shared this thread with the dev team. They are investigating now. We'll update once we have more info here.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • aurorable
    aurorable
    ✭✭✭
    LOL it's happened again!
    Crazy Cat Lady
    PC/NA CP2600+
    Stamsorc DPS (Master Crafter)
    DK Tank (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Necro Healer (Crafter)
    Warden Healer (Crafter)
    Sorc Healer (Crafter)
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    And last.. but not least another crafter!
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like the Serpent dislikes this event so much he sent his minions from vSO to craglorn to give everyone spreading poison circles.

Pretty sure we had the same bug going around a couple of years ago.
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin could you please bring this thread to the attention of the devs who work with this kind of thing? Sorry for once again pinging you very late in the afternoon, but this is serious. TIA
  • Tra_Lalan
    Tra_Lalan
    ✭✭✭✭
    "How do you kill one that has no life?" :relaxed:
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many times has this happened now, three? LOL
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened once before a LONG time ago, it was to do with poison effects from Aetherian Archive being applied above ground in Belkarth - bet that same bug has been re-introduced somehow when they were building the event area.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Again? lmao
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quoted post has been removed.
    Not really funny when people are purposefully doing this to prevent people from starting or advancing the event. It's trolling and no one should be calling it "funny" like it's some little visual bug or something.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 30, 2022 10:42PM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin could you please bring this thread to the attention of the devs who work with this kind of thing? Sorry for once again pinging you very late in the afternoon, but this is serious. TIA
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, wanted to touchbase here. We are aware of this issue and have shared this thread with the dev team. They are investigating now. We'll update once we have more info here.

He already did.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    Not really funny when people are purposefully doing this to prevent people from starting or advancing the event. It's trolling and no one should be calling it "funny" like it's some little visual bug or something.

It doubt it is deliberate, as I said a few posts above this bug has happened before in Belkarth where poison effects from Aetherian Archive trial start happening above ground - they need to fix the bug and quickly so people can get on with the event.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 30, 2022 10:42PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

It doubt it is deliberate, as I said a few posts above this bug has happened before in Belkarth where poison effects from Aetherian Archive trial start happening above ground - they need to fix the bug and quickly so people can get on with the event.

You mean SO and not AA
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 30, 2022 10:41PM
  • BachelorSal
    BachelorSal
    Soul Shriven
    Corrupted Blood Incident 2: Electric Boogaloo
    A dunmer with the personality of a wooden plank and abs that can shred cheese.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

It might not be everyone doing it on purpose, but there seems to be at least one person is doing so.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 30, 2022 10:41PM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Yup, that guy is yelling "For the honour of Peryite". Probably wants to get his account banned or something...

Some roleplayers just take it too far.

snl-badumtiss.gif
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But if you wear a mask you'll be fine. Right? ;)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

The responsible trolls must be banned. This game need a stronger "justice" system. The number of trolls, toxic behavior and exploiters are too great.
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the Corrupted Blood incident in WoW and also WoW's (in)famous Scourge Zombie pre-Wrath launch event.
    Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE