The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Poison spreaded in event areas... is killing people

• Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It makes it extremely difficult to speak to Farasia(?), as well, since it prevents the dialog prompt from appearing if you are "under attack."

I'm sure some of the people running around, keeping it going, were doing it intentionally, just because of that.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Necrotech_Master
      Necrotech_Master
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Corrupted Blood Incident 2: Electric Boogaloo

this is exactly what im thinking when i was reading posts

except i had never played WoW so never experienced that firsthand lol
      plays PC/NA
      handle @Necrotech_Master
      active player since april 2014
    • ZOS_GregoryV
      Greetings all!

After review, and removing a handful of posts, we would like to remind everyone that all posts should be kept within the Community Rules. Baiting, as well as Naming and Shaming, are violations of our guidelines, and are stated as follows:
      • Naming-and-Shaming: We do not allow posts or threads that are created for the purpose of “naming-and-shaming” other community member(s). “Naming-and-shaming” is the act of creating a post to call out an individual or group by name, and making them the subject of public accusation, ridicule and/or shaming. Generally, naming-and-shaming involves an in-game situation and/or Terms of Service violation, which the ESO Community Team is unable to assist with. A certain amount of rivalry and competitive razzing is healthy for any game community, especially one with PVP elements, but naming-and-shaming goes well beyond that. It typically elevates to a point where the subject feels legitimately harassed. We believe that naming-and-shaming posts and threads can be abused and are very harmful to the community. We also don't feel that publicly calling out or accusing others by name on our forums is in spirit of the game or our community. If you genuinely believe someone has violated our Terms of Service, you should report them in-game via the support interface — do not bring the situation onto the official ESO community forums.
      • Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
      If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
      -Greg-
      The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
      Staff Post
    • robpr
      robpr
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Aren't the troll bosses in Nirncrux Mine world boss locations also do Spreading Poison attacks? It is not the first time someone bring the 'rona to Belkarth
    • tim77
      tim77
      ✭✭✭✭
      nooooo... how could i miss that fun for the whole day???? :(
    • eovogtb16_ESO
      eovogtb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      :disappointed:

Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on July 1, 2022 1:57AM
    • WinterHeart626
      WinterHeart626
      ✭✭✭✭
      Is it bad that I’m laughing at this, no, it’s not me, but damn, poison from SO 😂 it kinda makes me wanna do this, but take it with me into the bot farm zones so the bots all die. You know, public service for those who don’t cheat the system.
      I won’t do this however as it’s an unintended thing, and I kinda don’t want to get banned.
    • zaria
      zaria
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      whitecrow wrote: »
      Looks like it escaped from Sanctum Ophidia.
      So you can take that out, WOW had an similar incident creating an pandemic.
      Grinding just make you go in circles.
      Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    • morrowjen
      morrowjen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      zaria wrote: »
      whitecrow wrote: »
      Looks like it escaped from Sanctum Ophidia.
      So you can take that out, WOW had an similar incident creating an pandemic.

vSO is this week's weekly trial. That's where this is coming from -- putting the trial as the weekly and having event so near the main wayshrine. Easy for something that probably started by accident to get out of hand, especially since almost every PUG that runs vSO has a few players who think it's the funniest thing in the world to spread the poison to everyone else during the trial intentionally.
    • JoeCapricorn
      JoeCapricorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I always wondered if the WOW Corrupted Blood thing could ever happen in ESO.

It's kinda amusing to see that it can. Not that I would want to be affected by it. Sounds rather annoying honestly.
      I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
    • GaianSpirit
      GaianSpirit
      ✭✭✭
      This is the poison effect from Sanctum Ophidia. Its a bug that has existed before. If you want to blame anyone, blame ZOS for this bug existing

Also this is hilarious
    • Tommy_The_Gun
      Tommy_The_Gun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      And that is why PvP is disabled in 99% of the PvE zones.... :joy:
      Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 1, 2022 10:40AM
    • Karivaa
      Karivaa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Lmao
      Hahahaha

• Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Consensual PVP is still enabled in most of the zones, through duelling. The main reason other PvP is disabled in those zones is because ZOS understandably don't want to lose 95% of the playerbase. Even many PvPers don't want PvP when they're running quests and other PvE content.
    • VDoom1
      VDoom1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      For the first couple of minutes I thought it was part of the event. At first it was harmless fun, but when it prevented people from doing the quests...yah not fun anymore.

Someone in zone chat said it was because one person (or more) had some Peryite related title.

zsFAPXb.jpg

Paralyse wrote: »
      Reminds me of the Corrupted Blood incident in WoW and also WoW's (in)famous Scourge Zombie pre-Wrath launch event.

You read my mind. This reminded me of that as well, I wondered if this could spread across ESO like it spread across WoW. :lol:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sZHAknb5q34&ab_channel=CaptainGrim
      Edited by VDoom1 on July 1, 2022 12:54PM
      We Fight For Cyrodiil.
      We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
      We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
      We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
      We fight for Tamriel!
      CP 1200+
      Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
      Imperial Dragonknight
      Khajiit Necromancer
      Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
      Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
      Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
      Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
      Guild - Priests Of Hircine
      ESO Since 2014
      PC - EU
    • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
      Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sounds like the old Sanctum of Ophidia bug may have resurfaced. Already happened many years ago.
    • Tommy_The_Gun
      Tommy_The_Gun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tandor wrote: »

Consensual PVP is still enabled in most of the zones, through duelling. The main reason other PvP is disabled in those zones is because ZOS understandably don't want to lose 95% of the playerbase. Even many PvPers don't want PvP when they're running quests and other PvE content.
      Yeah, but my point was umm.. lets say this: Even without active PvP, stuff like this happens, because there are some people out there who apparently enjoy ruining other people gameplay experience (trolls).
    • Djennku
      Djennku
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      There's a boss in Craglorn who has this same poison mechanic as the trolls in Sanctum. If you had a couple buddies, you could drag this effect into belkarth, although it may be a bit of a trip.
      @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
      Vamp and WW bites available for players.
      Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
    • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
      Hortator Indoril Nerevar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Not saying they should do it BUT if this happen to me I would find it hilarious and not be mad.
    • Reverb
      Reverb
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hahaha, is the poison from Sanctum Ophidia sticking to people after they leave the instance again? This bug happens every 2-3 years, and every time there are jerks that run around spreading it in the open world. Belkarth is a target rich environment for this, even without the event. The event really ups the troll factor.

Last time this bug was in the wild was mid 2020, so it was ripe for pandemic jokes.
      Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    • FeedbackOnly
      FeedbackOnly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Syldras wrote: »
      ganzaeso wrote: »
      the corresponding trial that gives the effect

What kind of effect is that even?

Sounds like vSO posion bug
    • FeedbackOnly
      FeedbackOnly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      robpr wrote: »
      Aren't the troll bosses in Nirncrux Mine world boss locations also do Spreading Poison attacks? It is not the first time someone bring the 'rona to Belkarth

Wierd stuff always happens there. Do you remember when we could murder guild trader in craglorn

The people always climbing the wayshrine.

Jumping out of windows for writs

Someone took event pig to trial once too
    • Hurbster
      Hurbster
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Actually, I find people who enable this sort of behaviour more annoying...
      So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
    • Ermiq
      Ermiq
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I just hope people won't be banned for spicing up the sterile socially isolated game.
      One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
      Me is russian little bad in english :b
    • JD2013
      JD2013
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ah wonderful memories of WoW ... fun times.
      Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
      Order of Sithis
      The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
      https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    • EozZoe1989
      EozZoe1989
      ✭✭✭
      well then it means need to nerfed or .. other issues is everything is nerfed too much or too little i think they should wipe and start again with nerfing and make bosses stronger a bit than us.,.
    • EozZoe1989
      EozZoe1989
      ✭✭✭
      make it a challenge and not a easy game
    • EozZoe1989
      EozZoe1989
      ✭✭✭
      JD2013 wrote: »
      Ah wonderful memories of WoW ... fun times.

that's because more group content right
    • FeedbackOnly
      FeedbackOnly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      😂 this bug makes healers needed
    • I_killed_Vivec
      I_killed_Vivec
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Haven't seen it... people tend to behave themselves when a (false) god killer is in town;)