The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What say you all...how are the event rewards so far?

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
Full disclosure: I don't care a whit for cosmetics, furnishings, mounts, or non-combat pets. With that out of the way...how's this event look so far? Worth the effort? Historically, for me at least, I might get an item that's guild trader worthy for 6 digits but eh....really...more gold? I mean that's nice but....is there ANYTHING of interest? Something unique perhaps? Thank you.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    Full disclosure: I don't care a whit for cosmetics, furnishings, mounts, or non-combat pets. With that out of the way...how's this event look so far? Worth the effort? Historically, for me at least, I might get an item that's guild trader worthy for 6 digits but eh....really...more gold? I mean that's nice but....is there ANYTHING of interest? Something unique perhaps? Thank you.

If you don't like cosmetics or gold. Then your probably sitting out on 90% or so of ESOs events.
  • MaraxusTheOrc
    MaraxusTheOrc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You write off five main reward options here, and I bet there are more you would write off but didn’t list. What do you even consider worthwhile?

I myself find the stuff you listed as rewarding, even if I don’t *need* it.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why the OP plays the game....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Those four things are basically what events are about?
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got a new recipe... some kind of fish with bananas, sounded gross to be honest.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah there we have it...something useful....recipe for the win :) Thank you. And keep in mind...I appreciate getting the gold quicker...but...it's just quicker. Eventually, I will run out of gold mat requirements and then what....I'll have a bunch of gold I don't use.
    Edited by DigiAngel on June 30, 2022 7:17PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I got a key to one of the IC trophy vaults. I'm also enjoying the repair kits - I only do writs on one character so augmenting my repair kits is helpful. I realize those who do writs on multiple characters are probably awash in repair kits.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the usual junk. Blue level 19 recipes, fabricant tree blueprints.

I run 2 account on 2 servers, got on 3 the golden stylepage doing intro-quest, daily quest, first writ on 2-3 characters, and one instant research scroll.
    On the 4th I did not even bother after getting the tickets to continue on another character to get the stylepage, as they are sold for 40k already after just a few hours. I'm better off doing my normal dailies.

Besides: I grouped up with a guildmember, while he did master writs, I did a vent and a worldboss. No box dropped for me, so grouping up is actually not sufficient, seems you actually have to fight together on the same boss. This requires too much coordination if you play more than 1 toon - skipping.
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grains for jewelry materials can drop in batches of 10, so effectively whole one plating. I got a green and blue plating so far. Alchemy mats drop in batches of 20 too. There's a currency satchel that can contain Tel Vars, I pulled 900 from one of these.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice thank you...I will give it a shot later today.
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    If it doesn't make you hit harder, die slower or run/ride faster then there's not much point really. The rest is just flowers and feathers. I get all that in RL but not in a game where I find it totally pointless, much the same as "lore". Again in RL history can be fascinating but in a game... well not for me
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    K9002 wrote: »
    Grains for jewelry materials can drop in batches of 10, so effectively whole one plating. I got a green and blue plating so far. Alchemy mats drop in batches of 20 too. There's a currency satchel that can contain Tel Vars, I pulled 900 from one of these.

OK but you can do better collecting surveys for mats and 900 telvars take 5 minutes in the sewers anytime... OK you can lose them if you don't ltp but that's half the fun isn't it?
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Four boxes, best reward was 10 iridium grains. I think I'm done.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Junk, but what the heck I'm playing anyway.
  • ncallstar88
    ncallstar88
    ✭✭
    Well no rewards are actually “good” during events since everyone getting the same stuff prices drop :)
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well no rewards are actually “good” during events since everyone getting the same stuff prices drop :)

Depends on how they get them. If players are spamming master writs that's not going to be the same roi as getting a few random mats.
  • Reaver999
    Reaver999
    ✭✭✭
    This event is particularly drab and the rewards suck. I would have liked to see double node drops with a chance for reward boxes, even though the reward boxes are crap and haven't been dropping surveys or any items or mats worth anything. I give the event 1/5 stars. It gets the one star because of the event tickets.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not worth the time energy or mats esp for the master writs. I used a kuta worth 6k to get a bounty of 500 gold. Net loss of 5 .5k

Got one motif but I don't care about those. If it's a crafting event, it sucks.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a bit late today, so I didn't craft much. Got 5 boxes, and the most notable items were 3 different keys, 1 research time scroll and a bunch of blue provisioning recipes I already knew. Nothing that special.
    grkkll wrote: »
    If it doesn't make you hit harder, die slower or run/ride faster then there's not much point really. The rest is just flowers and feathers. I get all that in RL but not in a game where I find it totally pointless, much the same as "lore". Again in RL history can be fascinating but in a game... well not for me

You don't read books or watch movies? Fiction, I mean?
    Not worth the time energy or mats esp for the master writs. I used a kuta worth 6k to get a bounty of 500 gold. Net loss of 5 .5k

It's a small bonus to the writ vouchers you regularly get.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say I'm too impressed so far, but it's still early. For some reason, drop rates seem to improve for me late in these festivals.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems OP doesn't like most of the best things the game offers.

As to the question...

I've opened a little over 20 boxes so far and almost everything has been of better quality than I expected. Well done ZOS!
    • Blue and purple jewelry mats!?!? Wow!
    • Lots of recipes and furnishing plans I needed. Excellent!
    • Tons of gold, furnishing mats and TV. Yes Please!
    • New (and older needed) Motifs Pages. You Rock!
    I'm really looking forward to knocking all the writs I've been saving up forever, more then ever now, considering all the goodies I can see coming my way!

Congrats ZOS...
    This event is fun and REALLY rewarding!

You hit it out of the park on this one! Cheers. :smiley:
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the cool down on the style pages. It makes it way harder to get a full set since it's not set up in a curator model, and the character bound stuff was a bad idea.

Based on other events on a scale of 1 (awesome) to 10 (horrible) I give this one a 7 overall thus far. the rewards would be better if there were a higher drop rate of mats and if surveys dropped. The incentive and quest used to go get event tickets is only tangential to earing the rest of the boxes. You don't get tickets for killing bosses, arenas, masterwrits, or crafting dailies, or world events. Instead you get them from a quest that is essentially a run to the nearest bank or trader..

it feels like this event Is lacking incentive and a reason to farm ot do much of anything beyond the single daily quest and maybe a few more. The npc discounts are not as good as they should be, or we should've had an experience boost. Maybe an exp boost while grouped with guild members that scales during the event up per guild members.. idnk but it needs something.
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are only 2 kinds of reward available:

1) Money. Whether it's crowns or gold, if you can buy it then it's a subset of money (chromium grains, for example, or a recipe that's not bound).
    2) Fame. If you have to personally obtain it, it's prestige. This could be unique (untradable/not for sale) costumes/mounts or it could be a title, or simply a super awesome house nobody else is able to obtain.

There's some crossover, like Mageslayer being purchased, but ultimately if you say you dont want gold since you could purchase any recipe dropped from the rewards, then I don't think this event has a Prestige reward does it? Not like some events with Jester title available for putting in the effort.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dmnqwk wrote: »
    There are only 2 kinds of reward available:

1) Money. Whether it's crowns or gold, if you can buy it then it's a subset of money (chromium grains, for example, or a recipe that's not bound).
    2) Fame. If you have to personally obtain it, it's prestige. This could be unique (untradable/not for sale) costumes/mounts or it could be a title, or simply a super awesome house nobody else is able to obtain.

There's some crossover, like Mageslayer being purchased, but ultimately if you say you dont want gold since you could purchase any recipe dropped from the rewards, then I don't think this event has a Prestige reward does it? Not like some events with Jester title available for putting in the effort.

That title doesn't exactly have lots of prestige considering how easy it is to get.
  • jad11mumbler
    jad11mumbler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gone through around 800 or so master writs & event boxes.

Most of it has just been trash.
    Haven't paid attention to mat drops but nothing spectacular.
    I'd get better doing daily crafting writs.

Over 120 companion items, of which maybe 10 were purple. The rest I sold to a merchant.
    A bunch of trash recipes and a few furniture plans, of which I needed 1.

Gotten maybe 25k telvar, which for the time it took, isn't worth it.

No jackpots with all those boxes opened, and the jackpot amount of 100k gold / telvar is frankly quite small, especially for the time investment. You can make that gold / telvar with normal methods pretty quickly.

The bonus event bits like cheaper wayshrines and 10% off houses is lame too IMO, exp buff would have been better.

Over all, It's disappointing and not worth my time to farm event boxes.

174 characters and counting over 13 accounts.

120 writ certified. 73 at CP rank.
  • WinterHeart626
    WinterHeart626
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to log in and play (work)
    From the sounds of things, the event is not as good as jesters or jubilee….. I’ll still do it, I’m just not going to go out of my way to farm it like I did for jubilee. The only thing that seems even slightly decent (from a PVE point of view as I don’t do pvp) is the tel var…… I’ll still knock out my master writs, as any extra is still extra, I’m just not going to go buying up any.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I turned in probably 70 master writs I'd been sitting on. Got a ton of blue recipes and furnishing plans and was able to learn quite a few of them. Fed the rest to my second account. I also got some vault keys, treasure maps, group repair kits, Tel Var, and gold. Nothing exciting in the way of crafting or style mats. Not a bad haul - they were mostly purple and only two required fortified nirncrux and perfect roe, so they were basically free to do, which makes the return on investment pretty decent.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the feedback all thank you. I gave it whirl...as I understand it, the daily one (get a cp is one of the options) gets you the event tickets, but I didn't play that long..not to mention seeing the same old tired floaty dragon at the Empresso makes me lose my desire fast to bother getting them (I did buy a couple companion upgrades though, so that was cool). The rewards I got weren't memorable...so that should say enough.

As for my enjoyment of this game....I'm really a function over form person. Here's an example:

A gent pulls up next to me in a VERY expensive car. "Nice car eh?" with a smirk. To which I reply: "Eh..it's a car....it's primary function is to get you from point a to point b. My feet can do that...or a skateboard/bike/horse...some will get me there faster, or in more comfort, but at the core they all do the same thing."

As I read that...I realize one thing: Yea...I guess I'm "that" guy :)
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    I was a bit late today, so I didn't craft much. Got 5 boxes, and the most notable items were 3 different keys, 1 research time scroll and a bunch of blue provisioning recipes I already knew. Nothing that special.
    grkkll wrote: »

You don't read books or watch movies? Fiction, I mean?

It's a small bonus to the writ vouchers you regularly get.

I don't do master writs that require mats worth more than the writ is worth. I got 7 tickets for a gold master chanting writ.

I repeat I would never waste that kind of mat on the crap 7 ticket writ.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im buying all luminous shards parts i have 1 already from 10 tickets saved from a past event.
    And all ghost shards later on, thats 80 tickets total, but only 30 more this event.

Than once i have everything ill buy the normal mounts feathers.

I want ghost indrik for necro, and luminous for my isobel
    Edited by francesinhalover on July 1, 2022 1:43AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!