The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What say you all...how are the event rewards so far?

• netch_a_sketch
    netch_a_sketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    The rewards are... Fine? I would've preferred an XP boost or double harvesting nodes. I don't do a lot with my guild so I haven't noticed it that much. Probably sucks for solo players. The wayshrine reduced cost is nice tho.
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grkkll wrote: »
    If it doesn't make you hit harder, die slower or run/ride faster then there's not much point really. The rest is just flowers and feathers. I get all that in RL but not in a game where I find it totally pointless, much the same as "lore". Again in RL history can be fascinating but in a game... well not for me

Wait, you find lore totally pointless? Why are you playing an Elder Scrolls game. There are plenty of non lore games out there. ES is all about lore.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one now has the Rimedusk (blue) pet indrik and we are very happy together, since the baby is now reunited with its parent indrik.

Also, bought a house in Craglorn and Varrdenfell with the 10% discount. If only housing is so affordable in real life :D

The gold page drops are abysmal and Sammy keeps getting the same sash or shoulder page. Very annoying.
    Edited by SammyKhajit on July 4, 2022 11:47AM
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish they included double XP effect as a way to compensate people who o can't get the parcels because of the guild requirement or other motives (work and real life responsibilities).
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double XP would be really nice. I pickpocketed for 45 mins and didn't get a single event box. This event should be more single-player friendly
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got the same outfit style page THREE days in a row. The odds of that happening are 1 in 512. On the other hand, the chances of getting an unknown page were 75%. But at least I got my award-winning radish, so not all is mathematical darkness.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rewards are the saddest of any event that I have seen so far. Really meh. If I didn't have all these writs saved up, not sure I'd even bother.

I also had saved a bunch to sell, and even at below-market, they aren't selling. Jewelry writs are almost impossible to sell and I was hoping with this event I could unload some of them, but it's not happening.
    PS5/NA
  • Tenkos
    Tenkos
    ✭✭
    I did about 200 master writs that were sitting in my bank and the rewards were pretty mediocre. Apart from the materials and bags of gold/tel var it was mostly just food and drink recipes, a couple of blue furniture designs worth about 10k each and the most valuable were the 5 or so purple companion gear pieces which according to ttc go from 50k to 4m apparently but people are yet to buy any of them.

I'd rather get some cheap recipes I can learn or resell than do the writs during a double xp event so overall I'm pretty happy with what I got.