The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What say you all...how are the event rewards so far?

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been farming the coffers, but in the dozen or so that I've gotten so far I've received an outfit style page (from a purple coffer, not the gold coffer), some gold and tel var, several recipes and blueprints and such-- at least 2 or 3 of which were new to my main, and most of the rest look to be new to my alts-- and a 1-day jewelry research scroll (from a purple coffer rewarded for doing a daily crafting writ). So I'm enjoying the rewards so far.

That was on PC EU. I still need to do my first day of the event on PC NA.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opened around 20.

From a value perspective, the rewards are pretty decent. The keys I got would have cost me several hundred thousand gold.

From an I'm going to use this perspective the rewards I've gotten personally haven't been that exciting for me. I'm probably never going to use the IC monster masks and I already have most of ICP and WGT unlocked in my collections so getting items from them is less special.
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    Full disclosure: I don't care a whit for cosmetics, furnishings, mounts, or non-combat pets. With that out of the way...how's this event look so far? Worth the effort? Historically, for me at least, I might get an item that's guild trader worthy for 6 digits but eh....really...more gold? I mean that's nice but....is there ANYTHING of interest? Something unique perhaps? Thank you.

You write off five main reward options here, and I bet there are more you would write off but didn’t list. What do you even consider worthwhile?

I myself find the stuff you listed as rewarding, even if I don’t *need* it.

I like events that do double drops on crafting resources. I’ll get the tickets and have a second set of soul fire fragments. Some mounts I like but not the heavies so much. But the reward coffers (except maybe the gold one) aren’t of any interest to me. To each their own.

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The rewards I got were weighted heavily towards blue provisioning recipes which I don’t need and IC keys which I also don’t need. I got a few companion items which is really the only good thing so far.

I saved up master writs for this event and will go ahead and do them for the xp, but I am feeling like once they’re gone I’m not going out of my way to get reward boxes after that.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk how many Master Writs I had in my bank / chest but it was a lot.
    I got 30 odd treasure maps, which I need for Ancestral motif page leads; a bunch of IC keys (good, because I didn't want to convert key fragments); a bunch of recipes I didn't know, plus a lot I did but can sell; at least 70k gold and 17k tel var, plus about 2000 writ vouchers.
    I'm pretty happy with that :smiley:
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenithar is obviously the god of (edit) late stage capitalism because it's a huge amount of work (master writs can be very resource intensive) for very little reward. I got a style page, a tonne of uninteresting blue provisioning recipes, and green and blue companion gear in the wrong traits. And some other things I don't even remember.
    Edited by BretonMage on July 1, 2022 6:31AM
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think the style pages are bugged. Got a page from a purple box (event info says that can't happen, they only drop from gold boxes and are guaranteed.) I opened a gold box just now when the quest reset and didn't get a style page.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin is this an issue going on or is it intentional? Cause right now I'm down a style page.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the discounts, I spent 6 million on houses that I didn't have. There are still some left that I can get, but I'll think about it if I really need them.

As for reward boxes I'm always most interested in cosmetics. I want to quest and rp and look good for it. As other rewards go I got two blue recipes that I didn't know and some mats to throw on the pile.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drops not so important as the ticket for this one. Got the gold hippogriffin thingy mount. Very happy as Goldie will serve as a formidable house guard.

Otherwise, saving up the gold so Sammy can use the 10% discount and buy another house.
  • AoEnwyr
    AoEnwyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the feedback all thank you. I gave it whirl...as I understand it, the daily one (get a cp is one of the options) gets you the event tickets, but I didn't play that long..not to mention seeing the same old tired floaty dragon at the Empresso makes me lose my desire fast to bother getting them (I did buy a couple companion upgrades though, so that was cool). The rewards I got weren't memorable...so that should say enough.

As for my enjoyment of this game....I'm really a function over form person. Here's an example:

A gent pulls up next to me in a VERY expensive car. "Nice car eh?" with a smirk. To which I reply: "Eh..it's a car....it's primary function is to get you from point a to point b. My feet can do that...or a skateboard/bike/horse...some will get me there faster, or in more comfort, but at the core they all do the same thing."

As I read that...I realize one thing: Yea...I guess I'm "that" guy :)

Possibly the only things you may find of value then are the Tel Var stones and the Vault keys if you are in need of items that can only be acquired in IC. There is a chance to roll a fairly solid amount of bonus gold from the gold Zenithar sacks but it's only a minor chance.
    Edited by AoEnwyr on July 1, 2022 8:46AM
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dragonlord573 the Event Guide does NOT mention a guaranteed style page drop from the golden coffer.
    What they say is "Both boxes offer an opportunity to pick up these rewards, but the Sublime Parcel boxes provide the best chance to obtain the most valuable rewards."
    I also get no pages for golden boxes, but had one purple box to drop it. Seems quite legit for me.

As for drops values, i had no big expectations (considering you easily obtain dozens of rewards each day). I guess we will get a flood of blue provisioning recipes as the result of event. So it is unlikely something really valuable should drop in massive amounts.
    PC EU
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    @Dragonlord573 the Event Guide does NOT mention a guaranteed style page drop from the golden coffer.
    What they say is "Both boxes offer an opportunity to pick up these rewards, but the Sublime Parcel boxes provide the best chance to obtain the most valuable rewards."
    I also get no pages for golden boxes, but had one purple box to drop it. Seems quite legit for me.

As for drops values, i had no big expectations (considering you easily obtain dozens of rewards each day). I guess we will get a flood of blue provisioning recipes as the result of event. So it is unlikely something really valuable should drop in massive amounts.

Yeah, I've gotten 1 per day on PC NA, 2 total so far, both from purple coffers.

I got 1 on PC EU yesterday, also from a purple coffer, and hope to get 1 later today when I do today's event activities on PC EU.

By the way, slightly different topic but related, does anyone know if the chest rewards from the Imperial City keys are buffed for the event? I'm embarrassed to say that I have several 1000s of the purple keys saved up from over the years but I've never used them to open chests in any of the treasure vaults, so I don't know how many items are usually in a chest. But last night I opened the chest in the Clawed Whatever Vault in the Arboretum District with a Clawed Key and got 2 set pieces plus a Style page. Is that normal?
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that I get tons of recipes and furnishing plans. The drop rates for the style pages are quite atrocious though, I've gotten two in about 120 parcels.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got the same style page three times. It's the only one I did get.
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    more drops fro crates in twitch.. bug or not the zen boxes the gold ones are once a day but the purple ones dont always drop form bosses is it maybe or meh.. not sure iam going check later if its good agin but i thought motifs and gold motifs droped now and then so can collect them.. its sad they not unlimpted.. should not matter and drop all time me thinks but o well.. once done done meaning more content for people do each day.. i understand that kinda..
    got thing about others., so what about group content.. why less that and more solo. why not add dolo and group to everything.. or delves and trials.. qeuing would be good for that also for world bosses... it htink this would help people come back to game that like multi playing as in more than one person .. in group content .. and solo..
    its two side sof coin not one sided..
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's making me do my master writs. I had too many in the bank. If it wasn't for that, I'd do the daily and be done with it. I"m getting a lot of recipes I'll never use. Keys I might just end up destroying (there's too much pushing players to areas and activities they're not interested in lately. What happened to play as you want?). I appreciate the tel var and the gold.

(I'm grateful we have a chance to complete indriks.)
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im buying all luminous shards parts

this. i'm not fond of the looks of the griffon mount, but i'm happy to see the opportunity to fill in the indrik collectables
  • Crismac
    Crismac
    ✭✭✭
    I have gotten 1 style page in about 100 or so purple master writs rewards opened and 0 for 4 in the golden coffers.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zenzuki wrote: »
    Seems OP doesn't like most of the best things the game offers.

As to the question...

I've opened a little over 20 boxes so far and almost everything has been of better quality than I expected. Well done ZOS!
    • Blue and purple jewelry mats!?!? Wow!
    • Lots of recipes and furnishing plans I needed. Excellent!
    • Tons of gold, furnishing mats and TV. Yes Please!
    • New (and older needed) Motifs Pages. You Rock!
    I'm really looking forward to knocking all the writs I've been saving up forever, more then ever now, considering all the goodies I can see coming my way!

Congrats ZOS...
    This event is fun and REALLY rewarding!

You hit it out of the park on this one! Cheers. :smiley:
    I'm pretty sure Motif chapters aren't actually dropping from the boxes, just the Style mats for them.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had time to play the event yet except for spending a few minutes getting the event tickets each day, but I got a blue companion ring with a nice trait on it so far, which was nice. Also, a couple of recipes I didn't have.
    I hope I have more time to play later in the week.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did all my master writs. Got a bunch of recipes, plans, maps etc. Now slowly clearing them out.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great feedback....keep it coming.
  • Jpk0012
    Jpk0012
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    Full disclosure: I don't care a whit for cosmetics, furnishings, mounts, or non-combat pets. With that out of the way...how's this event look so far? Worth the effort? Historically, for me at least, I might get an item that's guild trader worthy for 6 digits but eh....really...more gold? I mean that's nice but....is there ANYTHING of interest? Something unique perhaps? Thank you.

If you don't like cosmetics or gold. Then your probably sitting out on 90% or so of ESOs events.

Yesterday, I opened up over 100 boxes at once. I gained 8K gold from the boxes. I earned over 30K gold from vendor loot. The boxes are not brining in gold. I love all the disinformation from people who don't actually do any testing.

You get lots of companion gear and worthless recipes. You get 3-6 treasure maps worth money out of 100.

After 3 days of heavy farming I have stopped. Its not worth more than just playing the game. There is also the hassle of trying to get guildies to do something other than High Isle garbage. The way to get lots of boxes is Dolmens and old world bosses.

You can only get one costume piece per day and 3 event tickets. Farming doesn't help that. But sure, signing on for 5 minutes to do the daily quest is worth it? Not sure that actually helps the game out.
    Edited by Jpk0012 on July 4, 2022 1:48AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jpk0012 wrote: »
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

If you don't like cosmetics or gold. Then your probably sitting out on 90% or so of ESOs events.

Yesterday, I opened up over 100 boxes at once. I gained 8K gold from the boxes. I earned over 30K gold from vendor loot. The boxes are not brining in gold. I love all the disinformation from people who don't actually do any testing.

You get lots of companion gear and worthless recipes. You get 3-6 treasure maps worth money out of 100.

After 3 days of heavy farming I have stopped. Its not worth more than just playing the game. There is also the hassle of trying to get guildies to do something other than High Isle garbage. The way to get lots of boxes is Dolmens and old world bosses.

You can only get one costume piece per day and 3 event tickets. Farming doesn't help that. But sure, signing on for 5 minutes to do the daily quest is worth it? Not sure that actually helps the game out.

The thing is, whether or not any given item of loot is "worthless," and if it isn't worthless then how much it is worth, is entirely subjective to each player.

You don't care for the recipes, for whatever reasons. That's fine, but I've been getting a lot of recipes I hadn't learned yet, so I've been very appreciative of getting them.

Stating your personal opinion about whether or not you like getting specific rewards is fine. But referring to other people's comments as "disinformation," then turning around and decreeing that certain rewards are "worthless" when that is not what everyone else thinks, seems to me like another kind of "disinformation." It's better to just say they were worthless to you, and let everyone else decide for themselves whether or not they're worthless to them.
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    The real reward was the 10% off I got buying all the achievement furnishings for my mushroom tower

giphy.gif
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 3 Chromium Grains as one of the rewards, gotten 4 costume pieces.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Undriel
    Undriel
    ✭✭✭
    Got my first Indrik and I absolutely love it. I cannot wait for the Dawnwood Indrik to make a comeback. I'll throw my money at ZOS for the tickets if they bring back their best looking content. We want Indriks!

Before getting that sweet feathered deer, I completed the Aurielic Quasigriff and I regretted spending those 10 tickets. It doesn't look great nor feel satisfying to ride compared to its black counterpart, mostly because the brighter texture makes the loincloth of my character's jerkin stick out so much. It looks like my character bounces on a square under its bum while galloping. Also, the brighter tail doesn't blend with the feathers and it gives off an artificial feeling of "we stuck those on with glue".

The High Rock Spellsword outfit seems fine in concept, but if you compare that texture quality with the most high quality motifs out there (Ebonsteel, Deadlands Gladiator, Nighthollow for example), it looks sorely outdated and unappealing.

The quest for the event is smooth and satisfying to complete. Also the random encounters about Zenithar are something I always enjoy spotting.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    You don't care for the recipes, for whatever reasons. That's fine, but I've been getting a lot of recipes I hadn't learned yet, so I've been very appreciative of getting them.

I just wish more people wanted them so I could sell them :D

I remember people posting some time ago that there were really too many crafting tiers that weren't that useful because players end up levelling too quickly for them to be meaningful, and this event has reminded me of those posts. The recipes are cute and fun, no doubt, but how often do level 20 or level 30 recipes get used, really? I think they could be trimmed and simplified into levels 1-25 and 26-50 and so on. Or even do away with levels and make them scale to the player's level. It's crazy to think that now I'm past CP160, Shepherd's Pie is no longer useful. How is that even possible?? Shepherd's Pie is eternal.
    Undriel wrote: »
    Got my first Indrik and I absolutely love it. I cannot wait for the Dawnwood Indrik to make a comeback. I'll throw my money at ZOS for the tickets if they bring back their best looking content. We want Indriks!

I already have my favourite one (Shimmering Indrik), but I can't wait for the Mossheart one!
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enjoyable
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭
    not great mostly trash, that is why I stopped to getting all with my alt chars.. Just do a copule and that is it. Now I am wondering should I do my a couple hundred sealed writs now, because the items are not even good. (may be just to spend the writ vouchers I will do, but not for the loot)
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"