The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cleanest fix for Broakensoul: have some of the buffs only apply when Battle Spirit is not present

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    You do realise though, that they're people who play the game a lot and have experience.

And a lot of the time, their views are shared by a lot of othee experienced players.

Anyone with any experience in PvP comments on how broken the item is.

I often see comments like this where one tries to validate their view because they think it is shared with others who are "experienced" or "anyone with experience." Perhaps those within your group feel the same. But there are others who are also experienced who do not share your view.

I have yet to be convinced that the sky is falling with this ring. So far, pvp has been pretty enjoyable in my opinion, more than it was before. As one commenter said in another post, people are dying now. There are some over-the-top builds that may need to be reined in. But I don't think this is because of this ring alone. Even without the ring, they are still a bit too strong.

The main thing about this ring is though it provides many buffs that we would normally put on our bars, it does limit the player to 5 skills and 1 ulti. And it really can be a hard choice having to choose those. It also makes it impossible to play a 5/5/monster/1+mythic. So you must miss out on either a monster or give up a 5p bonus.

People were dying last patch though, apart from 60k health necro tanks. Damage was good. The only real issue was hot stacking. Oaken wasn't brought in to counter that though. It was a pve ring that has bled into PvP.

This mythic is worth that though. Firstly for most people, you're only losing three skills and and ulti, and for a lot, two skills and and ulti.

You don't need an amor buff skill or brutality/sorcery skill, which most people ran. You can also give up magelight/cammo hunter too, with a lot using the latter. Giving up a monster is worth it too. Even a defensive one.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My only issues with Oakensoul are buffing one shot gank builds, and enabling defensive ult spam (although this is arguably no more obnoxious than turtling on a defensive back bar). Otherwise, the ring has done well at raising the floor for casual randoms, and opened up new types of builds for competitive players (although many of them find single bar PvP less engaging). Overall, players are doing more damage and playing more aggressively. Maybe remove the Major Force which mostly benefits gankers, but please, stop nerfing damage. Turtling up on your Resto or SnB back bar to stalemate fights is not good for the game either. When healing outpaces damage, zerging becomes mandatory to end fights.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe remove the Major Force which mostly benefits gankers, but please, stop nerfing damage.

Most gank builds wouldn't run any crit chance items, so crit chance would be in ~33% range. So, like 5% more damage average. Yep you can abuse guaranteed crit, but doing that with skills means you are missing the heavy attack before.

True reason why it's good on gank builds is ult gain and major berserk (which you can stack with minor too).

I might be biased, but I would be sad to see Major Force go. This item enables crit builds. Yes, not makes them OP, but just makes them viable. To add salt to the injury, this buff is ez to obtain in ball groups.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way you can really break this down is class vs class.

If I'm on my NB 2 bar and I'm fighting a 1 bar NB, here is how it's going to go..

Their base damage is significantly higher than mine due to berserk, courage, force and heroism, all of which I have no access to.

Their sustain is significantly higher than mine, both because of recovery and because they have to fire less skills.

Assume we both hit detect pots.

The 1 bar NB only has to attack and roll dodge.

I have to attack, roll dodge and reapply buffs.

Every time I bar swap, I'm vulnerable and they aren't. If the fight lasts more than 5 seconds, I'm going to be running low on stamina, they won't be. They can roll dodge more. They can sprint. And they can do those while still having enough resources to burst.

You can make this same comparison to every class 2 bar vs class 1 bar. What little disadvantages there are to "sacrificing" one bar quickly are overwhelmed by the significant advantages.

I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr