The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

We need better anti gank options

• katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    katorga wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    But, ganking can be pretty cracked. I don't know what the fix is though without hurting NB.

*yawn*

Reduce the damage via battle spirit over the board, let's say, by 20%. Assuming Nb did 30k burst, it will now be 24k.

Reduce the healing via battle spirit over the board, let's say, by 33%. Let the initial damage of the gank be just initial damage of the gank. Opponent won't have ability to easily restore health to full.

Doesn't that make it even easier to gank? So my damage is down 20%, but your ability to recover is even worse off, so my execute still gets you, or I add another proc.

You ignore the option of getting stunned by allies, rooted, distance change to target, LoS, dodge, block etc.

Besides, 30k I've mentioned includes execute. So if damage would be nerfed to the point where you don't even get to execute range, you will struggle, because you will need to win extra 1GCD of damage, that includes interaction.

Dunno. Nerfing healing at same time seems to make me weaker in relation to a gank. My ability to recover after the initial attack just tilts the field back to the ganker.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could always take away some of the hard counters to invisibility and add some soft counters. Maybe make crit resistance more relevant to ganking.

I mean, the ideal outcome is for gankers to have good burst but not one-shot prepared characters, and invisibility to be helpful but not either overpowered or completely useless, right? Just however we can do that, without just making gankers or nightblades or invisibility nerfed into the ground, I say.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    But, ganking can be pretty cracked. I don't know what the fix is though without hurting NB.

*yawn*

Reduce the damage via battle spirit over the board, let's say, by 20%. Assuming Nb did 30k burst, it will now be 24k.

Reduce the healing via battle spirit over the board, let's say, by 33%. Let the initial damage of the gank be just initial damage of the gank. Opponent won't have ability to easily restore health to full.

Doesn't that make it even easier to gank? So my damage is down 20%, but your ability to recover is even worse off, so my execute still gets you, or I add another proc.

You ignore the option of getting stunned by allies, rooted, distance change to target, LoS, dodge, block etc.

Besides, 30k I've mentioned includes execute. So if damage would be nerfed to the point where you don't even get to execute range, you will struggle, because you will need to win extra 1GCD of damage, that includes interaction.

Dunno. Nerfing healing at same time seems to make me weaker in relation to a gank. My ability to recover after the initial attack just tilts the field back to the ganker.

Well you get that ability alright. Don't have that if you are instantly dead.