Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lucky Ghost is almost at 10K viewers

Tornaad
Tornaad
✭✭✭✭✭
[snip]

[Edit for Advertising]
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 17, 2022 7:12PM
  • stonelisticub17_ESO
    Woot! I am there.
    Check'em out.

and
    https://twitter.com/LuckyGhostTV
    and
    https://www.youtube.com/c/NerdLullz
  • Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky Ghost is so entertaining. One of my favorites. Thanks for the head's up.
    Campos de oro
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He almost hit 12K and I've watched him all day as he has a pleasant voice and a very agreeable manner. I also got all the available drops so I'm a happy gamer :)
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    He almost hit 12K and I've watched him all day as he has a pleasant voice and a very agreeable manner. I also got all the available drops so I'm a happy gamer :)

Yeah. Impressive numbers for Lucky :)
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No advertising on the forums.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many bots though.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    ArchMikem wrote: »

LuckyGhost is part of the ESO Stream Team. Feel free to check out all of the ESO Stream Team members here!

-Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LuckyGhost is part of the ESO Stream Team. Feel free to check out all of the ESO Stream Team members here!

-Greg-

I was going to keep my mouth shut...but what the hell.

I feel ( well not only me but I'll let others speak for themselves) that boosting certain streamers, and having trade Guilds taking victory laps on the forums really commercializes (for lack of a better word) things...I mean what's next pop-ups in game telling us to check out this or that streamer... or a Banner telling us that the Greed is Good guild just cornered the market on Dwarven oil?

Any time you specialize any group or person over everyone else you cause problems for everyone else. Currently you have one streamer that has the ear of one of your developers Finn. He spends hours at a time on this guys stream heck they drink together on this guys stream...and this Stream is about Mostly Vet Trials...which concerns a lot of folks I know that the game may be steered into a raid or die platform.

See the issue? And face it you guys have already had a problem in customer relations with the PVP audience....

I think you guys (and when I say you guys I mean Zenimax) are heading down a slippery slope that other MMO companies have already been down...and that slope caused a massive fall. I'm sure many Knights will ride up and defend these actions, but I have personally seen fallout from a company playing favorites before.

Just think about that

Edited by DagenHawk on June 17, 2022 2:45PM
  • Lonestryder
    Lonestryder
    ✭✭✭
    I think I've lived too long...
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. Just.... ugh.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Greg-

Could we have a clarification on the policy regarding advertising on the forums?

Advertising: We do not allow advertising on our forums. This includes, but is not limited to advertisements and promotions for the following:

Outside businesses and services
    Other games
    Any venture that results in monetary profit

We do not consider the promotion of guilds, fan sites, and fan groups, or the activities and content thereof, to be advertising. Please feel free to let The Elder Scrolls Online community know all about your guild, fan site, or fan group! Simply keep in mind that you may not promote your guild, fan site, or fan group if you are looking to turn a monetary profit by doing so.

Does streaming not count as a venture that results in monetary profit or is this an exception for just ESO Stream Team members? If it is an exception does the exception apply at all times or just during streaming events?

Thank you for your time.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Y'all could have just ignored the topic, you knew what you coming into.

Good for him!
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Y'all could have just ignored the topic, you knew what you coming into.

Good for him!

Why should someone ignore a topic they have an opinion on?
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had no idea Luck Ghost was part of the ESO team. Unfortunate as his YouTube content is interesting, but will be tainted with bias.

And if he had any input whatsoever over the disgusting Murkmire safebox fiasco, then along with all my firiends we're unsubscribing to his channel and leaving some choice comments.
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »
    Had no idea Luck Ghost was part of the ESO team.

"ESO Stream Team" not "Eso Team", they are just the most viewed streamers that play Eso, nothing more
    PC-EU
  • Abelon
    Abelon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lucky Ghost is actually a decent streamer and I'm happy for his viewer numbers. But... I agree with some of the comments here. Streams, whether from the ESO Team or not, are without a doubt a venture that results in monetary profit. Threads like these might fuel more viewers to a specific channel and are therefore clear advertisement. If there are exceptions for ESO Team members, then the rules could use an update to reflect that.

Allowing such threads in "General ESO Discussion" is a terrible idea though, imo. Just imagine if every ESO Team (which is huge at this point) streamer's fans would start posting such threads every day. "Look, Streamer X just reached Y viewers". This place would be flooded with posts barely relevant to the game.

Of course we all know that streaming has become a huge deal for Zenimax, and that these advertisements of ESO Team streamers are very much wanted. At least put them in a separate forum category to keep this place tidy...
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    removed.
    in the end i just dont care enough to keep this comment up. so what...
    Edited by tim77 on June 20, 2022 7:49AM
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bat wrote: »
    How many bots though.

Its not bots, its "embedded viewers" which are "watching" without even knowing from being on other websites like wikis and such, most of the time its a small window hidden on the bottom of the website with volume turned to 1% so you count as a viewer on twitch, super scummy but basicly legal viewbotting.
    Edited by ATomiX69 on June 17, 2022 9:47AM
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abelon wrote: »
    Just imagine if every ESO Team (which is huge at this point) streamer's fans would start posting such threads every day. "Look, Streamer X just reached Y viewers". This place would be flooded with posts barely relevant to the game.

This would be better than all the pvp complains :D
    PC-EU
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DagenHawk wrote: »
    Any time you specialize any group or person over everyone else you cause problems for everyone else. Currently you have one streamer that has the ear of one of your developers Finn. He spends hours at a time on this guys stream heck they drink together on this guys stream...and this Stream is about Mostly Vet Trials...which concerns a lot of folks I know that the game may be steered into a raid or die platform.

This reminded me of that time back when there was a single streamer from the team constantly in the spotlight. He was even invited to ESO-Live and all, if I recall correctly.

I think most of those who were around back then remember how that ended. Those who don't might want to read one of the many articles that were written about it. There is one about the doxxing drama in Massivelyop, for example. Given all that, it would be reasonable not to pick favourites again, at the risk of having another one of these PR nightmares.
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder how many are not embedded and ACTUALLY watching...
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a fan celebrating an accomplishment by a streamer made during an official streaming event is different than if Lucky had come here and said "Catch me on Twitch! and remember to smash that like button!" or whatever. So to me, this is not an advertisement, just a congratulations to a currently spotlighted member from ESO's stream team. Good for Lucky Ghost.
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DagenHawk wrote: »

This reminded me of that time back when there was a single streamer from the team constantly in the spotlight. He was even invited to ESO-Live and all, if I recall correctly.

I think most of those who were around back then remember how that ended. Those who don't might want to read one of the many articles that were written about it. There is one about the doxxing drama in Massivelyop, for example. Given all that, it would be reasonable not to pick favorites again, at the risk of having another one of these PR nightmares.

Yeah there has been a lot...I mean a lot of issues like that and the devs usually turn their heads to it all and when things blow up in their faces they bury it...

I use to play this one MMO that had a yearly con which I attended and you could see it first hand...

There is a big difference between communicating with your community and having certain favorites in the community. The favorites are going to tell you exactly what you want to hear and fly the Zenimax banner whenever they have the opportunity and we see that on Twitch and YouTube constantly.

It's not going to change there are some "superfans" in this game that has more of a voice than your average player...the other MMO's that went this route..well superfans are really al they have left.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tim77 wrote: »
    Advertising: We do not allow advertising on our forums. This includes, but is not limited to advertisements and promotions for the following:
    Outside businesses and services
    Other games
    Any venture that results in monetary profit

(no mention of special exception groups)

LuckyGhost is part of the ESO Stream Team.
    -Greg-

didn't people even get banned for having YT or TTV in their names (because it counts as advertising)?

if all people's rights are the same, some seem to be more equal

There is literally a pinned post on the forums telling players to go watch these streams to get drops for their chapter promotional event. Really not a big deal.
  • Lucidilusions
    Lucidilusions
    ✭✭
    ATomiX69 wrote: »
    Bat wrote: »
    How many bots though.

Its not bots, its "embedded viewers" which are "watching" without even knowing from being on other websites like wikis and such, most of the time its a small window hidden on the bottom of the website with volume turned to 1% so you count as a viewer on twitch, super scummy but basicly legal viewbotting.

What they said, there are not actually thousands of people in the stream lol. It's embedded viewership, it's used to inflate your numbers for the twitch algorithm. Tons of high viewership twitch streamers do it, it's not exclusive to Lucky.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, wanted to clear up any confusion here.

It seems like the intent of this thread was to celebrate the success of a stream team member, who is also a fellow ESO community member, just like everyone else here. We will note there is nothing wrong with that.

However, we do want to remind everyone there is a difference between celebrating someone's success and trying to get more people in someone's stream. That can be seen as crossing into advertising territory. So please be careful with how you present someone else's stream to avoid this confusion with other users. Especially as it can put the highlighted community member in an odd position with the community.

Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, wanted to clear up any confusion here.

It seems like the intent of this thread was to celebrate the success of a stream team member, who is also a fellow ESO community member, just like everyone else here. We will note there is nothing wrong with that.

However, we do want to remind everyone there is a difference between celebrating someone's success and trying to get more people in someone's stream. That can be seen as crossing into advertising territory. So please be careful with how you present someone else's stream to avoid this confusion with other users. Especially as it can put the highlighted community member in an odd position with the community.

@ZOS_Kevin So where's the line? That's SUPER nebulous. Of course presenting Content Creators will get more people to go there and see what the buzz is about. These people make a living off of bringing people into YOUR game. Why even worry about it? People like Alcast and Nefas hold a lot more sway than you might think.

I like seeing the newfound embrace of content creators and I hope ZOS keeps supporting them, even if it means them making money of it. That's how you get buzz going - not punitive measures towards content creators over their in-game names being the same as their TwitchTV channel. That's straight up antagonistic.
    Edited by Destai on June 17, 2022 7:39PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Destai, just trying to understand your point here. We are not saying players should not talk about or post content from content creators. We want you to get an independent point of view as well. We are just highlighting to be careful when mixing support of a content creator with giveaway goals being tied to someone's viewership and giving updates to that effect. That is the line. When it crosses into active promotion for possible gain (like a giveaway). We have and will continue to support content creators. Also want to highlight that the content creators did nothing wrong here. We just want to make the clear distinction for users going forward.

The second part is a completely separate issue that players should go through the appropriate process to appeal if their account has been impacted. We are happy to have that conversation with a player and get that resolved.

Edited by ZOS_Kevin on June 17, 2022 7:53PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an irrelevant number since 3/4 of them are fake from an embedded stream. Yea yea, I've heard the "others do it" excuse - so I get why they do it (and I try to take a don't hate the player-but the game approach), but doesn't make those numbers legit. If I'm going to call out others that have done it, then the same will apply to "others doing it" too. Frankly, eso isn't big enough on twitch viewership wise for anyone to get those kinds of numbers legit (maybe an official zos announcement stream would, but outside of that anything more than a few thousand on a good day on a good stream isn't happening).

The line should be very clear though IMO on this sort of stuff. People "working" for zos as streamers already get promotion and rewards from zos to boost their stream. If zos is going to ban others or force name changes for simple stuff like having tv in their name or whatever, then turning a blind eye to streamers they have influence over is just fishy.

Sometimes this game feels like its going down a bad road where instead of TOS of the game and forums being about fostering a healthy environment, it feels more like it's about controlling the propaganda for the game. But zos has been worried more about the message than the game for years, so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.

-- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streamers make money from streaming. Increasing subscribers and people watching increases revenue. Posting on these forums to increase viewers or subscribers is then advertising and directly related to Increasing profits for said streamer.

As to the streamers who cheat by embedding their streams on various web pages. Not going to even get into that, though it speaks for itself.