The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lucky Ghost is almost at 10K viewers

• Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've lived too long...

Yeah, I really don't get this whole 'watching some random dude play games' thing.

Let alone being a vocal fan/booster of 'watching some random dude play games."

/oldmanyellsatcloud
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @Destai, just trying to understand your point here. We are not saying players should not talk about or post content from content creators. We want you to get an independent point of view as well. We are just highlighting to be careful when mixing support of a content creator with giveaway goals being tied to someone's viewership and giving updates to that effect. That is the line. When it crosses into active promotion for possible gain (like a giveaway). We have and will continue to support content creators. Also want to highlight that the content creators did nothing wrong here. We just want to make the clear distinction for users going forward.

The second part is a completely separate issue that players should go through the appropriate process to appeal if their account has been impacted. We are happy to have that conversation with a player and get that resolved.

Apologies if I wasn't clear, and appreciate your feedback.

It was something that happened with a streamer I follow, not really my battle to fight TBH, just throwing it in there for discussion sake.

I guess what's acceptable here, just using some examples:
    • Linking our Twitch handle in our signature on the official forum.
    • Creating a thread/post here linking to a streamer's site solely for gameplay.
    • Creating a thread/post linking to a streamer's site solely for non-monetized in-game item giveaways. Think a streamer doing guild raffles or something.
    • Creating a thread/post linking to a streamer's site solely for monetized in-game item giveaways. Think crown crate giveaways or something.
    • Creating a thread/post linking to a streamer's site with explicit intent to increase viewers. (already know this one, but listing for posterity)
    • Having a Zenimax account handle match a streaming channel name.
    • Having an ESO Character match a streaming channel name.
    • Having YT or TTV in your account handle or character name.
    Edited by Destai on June 17, 2022 8:43PM
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I really don't get this whole 'watching some random dude play games' thing.

/oldmanyellsatcloud

Think of streaming as a beauty pagent, sporting event, and comedy show all rolled into one with various streamers excelling more in one aspect or another.
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, wanted to clear up any confusion here.

It seems like the intent of this thread was to celebrate the success of a stream team member, who is also a fellow ESO community member, just like everyone else here. We will note there is nothing wrong with that.

However, we do want to remind everyone there is a difference between celebrating someone's success and trying to get more people in someone's stream. That can be seen as crossing into advertising territory. So please be careful with how you present someone else's stream to avoid this confusion with other users. Especially as it can put the highlighted community member in an odd position with the community.

Thanks for the clarification.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

/oldmanyellsatcloud

I don't really understand "watching some random people play sport". Do you watch that?
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/oldmanyellsatcloud

I don't really understand "watching some random people play sport". Do you watch that?

Husband does. However, "sport" is in real life. It's not a game thing with people I not only don't know but really don't WANT to know....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

/oldmanyellsatcloud

Husband does. However, "sport" is in real life. It's not a game thing with people I not only don't know but really don't WANT to know....

Can I get Lebron James' autograph?
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 18, 2022 12:57AM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    TaSheen wrote: »

/oldmanyellsatcloud

Can I get Lebron James' autograph?

LoL! Well, we don't live where we can do that sort of thing. We have kids in Vegas, so probably could get some triple-A baseball (or maybe hockey or football) autographs, but yep, LeBron's kind of out of reach!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like how they explain things on their steam. Makes it worth watching.
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    No idea who this is, I stopped watching people play this game
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino