Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

OAKENSOUL'S PETRIFIED OAK LOOP FARMING TIPS (MURKMIRE)

• Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think they don't know the answer. I think they are not going to come right out and say the answer (which I am pretty sure is that only the first opener has a chance at the lead) without deciding what else they want to communicate at the same time. Otherwise, just dropping that bomb could make the situation even worse. My guess is that there is internal disagreement over what if anything should be done and/or how quickly it can be implemented.

We want communication, but if Zos doesn't play this PR disaster right, they risk making it even worse. They are right to decide on a clear message before saying anything at all.
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if not looting actually helps. I came there the second day of the release of high isle because all the locations had been found.

I spent an hour checking safe boxes that were already unlocked and got nothing. I decided to move to a spot with less people so I could try unlocking it first. I got the lead on the first box I unlocked myself. Then I brought my friend to come do his early and he got his on his first try too. So there is that, take it as you will. :)
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to unlock 2 boxes myself yesterday and got nothing. Had one gold lead scryed but not excavated and one unscryed, so I went and cleared those out, and went back... and didn't get to unlock another.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tra_Lalan wrote: »
    For me this lead is just another example that ZOS doesn't communicate with players, doesn't know what is going on in their game or simply doesn't care about us.

After all those data they had from shadowfen kilt wars, they decide to do this?
    Safeboxes are even worse source to farm than the previous. Spawn longer, and there are less of them in the zone.

I really don't get it. There is no profit in it for them, just anger from their customers. Those players that will farm it will get angry, and those (like me) who feel like they have better things to do will also complain, because they just can forget about obtaining the mithic for couple of months (and I'm sure there is an incoming nerf). So yeah GJ ZOS.

Also,
    unconfirmed:
    I feel like diging out some active leads first usually gives a better chance of obtaining a new lead.

Mythic leads are just there to increase the grind and pad out activity/play time, (usually in dead zones), to make the spreadsheet numbers look nice.

But seriously, i prefer it that way :)
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaisyRay wrote: »
    I don't know if not looting actually helps. I came there the second day of the release of high isle because all the locations had been found.

I spent an hour checking safe boxes that were already unlocked and got nothing. I decided to move to a spot with less people so I could try unlocking it first. I got the lead on the first box I unlocked myself. Then I brought my friend to come do his early and he got his on his first try too. So there is that, take it as you will. :)

Just checking, was this on the same box that your friend got the lead?
    In other words are you confirming 2 leads can drop from one box?
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭

Just checking, was this on the same box that your friend got the lead?
    In other words are you confirming 2 leads can drop from one box?

Same box, but at a different time. He had to unlock his too. He actually wasn't fast enough one or two times and didn't get the lead when other people unlocked it. When he finally did unlock one, he got it. So I honestly think it will waste more time just peeking inside boxes that are already unlocked. They seem to spawn fast enough where everyone can unlock one and then scoot if they get the lead.

⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Managed to find an unopened box last night with no one else around - thank goodness that lead dropped. All I need to do in Murkmire now is complete another 6 WB dailies and never go back.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • bruta
    bruta
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to find an unopened box last night with no one else around - thank goodness that lead dropped. All I need to do in Murkmire now is complete another 6 WB dailies and never go back.

until next expansion:))
  • Avishag
    Avishag
    ✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »
    100% this will get nerfed as soon as High Isle sales drop off. Without a doubt. Cast iron, set in concrete definate.

And the nerf will be to the point that the item is next to useless, as is always the case with these things.

So they just do it to sell the chapter? That is terrible 😦 So it's just a lie to make people fight for it, All for nothing...! Wow
  • langewapper
    langewapper
    ✭✭✭
    today went to murkmire open first loot box and yes the lead was there
    had the same in high isle first volcano vent i did got the lead
    got the other leads also very fast

did zos change the rnd number ? thanks zos

• ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update

Antiquities
    Doubled the drop rate for many Antiquity Leads found in safeboxes, including the Petrified Oaken Loop.
    Introduced another source for the Petrified Oaken Loop Lead for you to discover.
  • nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update

Antiquities
    Doubled the drop rate for many Antiquity Leads found in safeboxes, including the Petrified Oaken Loop.
    Introduced another source for the Petrified Oaken Loop Lead for you to discover.

Awesome, now just need to finish work and log in
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's a report in one of the other Oakensoul threads that the Petrified Loop lead has been found in a Murkmire Thieves Trove.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • ihazzit
      ihazzit
      ✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      There's a report in one of the other Oakensoul threads that the Petrified Loop lead has been found in a Murkmire Thieves Trove.

This is correct, multiple players, including myself obtained it from a Murkmire theives trove today.
      If you are angry about anything in this game you are only punishing yourself.
    • deleted221106-002999
      deleted221106-002999
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      ...Antiquities
      • Doubled the drop rate for many Antiquity Leads found in safeboxes, including the Petrified Oaken Loop.
      • Introduced another source for the Petrified Oaken Loop Lead for you to discover.

PC/Mac Patch Notes v8.0.6
    • YoshinJaa
      YoshinJaa
      ✭✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin Will console have the incremental included that adds more lead drops aka thieves troves tomorrow? Or are we out of luck until our first incremental?
    • ZOS_Kevin
      ZOS_Kevin
      Community Manager
      Hey @YoshinJaa. Unfortunately console will need to wait until console incremental. But this is on the team's radar to add to console.
      Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
      Staff Post
    • YoshinJaa
      YoshinJaa
      ✭✭✭
      ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
      Hey @YoshinJaa. Unfortunately console will need to wait until console incremental. But this is on the team's radar to add to console.

Very unfortunate but at least it's down the road, hopefully soon. Thank you for the update.
    • NerfSeige
      NerfSeige
      ✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_Kevin is this included in monday’s patch? Thanks!
      Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      NerfSeige wrote: »
      @ZOS_Kevin is this included in monday’s patch? Thanks!

Monday's maintenance is a hot-fix to fix an exploit.
      https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/609214/tales-of-tribute-exploit-account-bans

If they were including an incremental patch, the maintenance message would state "patch maintenance" instead of just "maintenance."
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • BlueRaven
        BlueRaven
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I had been putting off farming for this part until last night, mainly because of all the nightmare stories I had been hearing. I may have had just incredibly good rng, but I got the lead from my 4th strong box in Bright-Throat village. No one else was farming there, so it was a fairly pleasant experience.

The Malabal Tor lead, on the other hand, took almost two hours of farming…

Edit: I should have mentioned (PC/NA).
        Edited by BlueRaven on June 26, 2022 12:19PM