The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

My kingdom for a Friesian horse

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Joustpic2-lg.JPG
kla8pheat8i41.jpg
1293cbe4c1171d3ec8aa95074f3da44d.jpg

Please. A pretty black horse with black tack is all I want! Sooooooo badly! If you animate the mane I'll pay a premium for it. 🖤
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want a proportional looking horse with proper animation and movement, before I even bother start thinking about different breeds. :#
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want a proportional looking horse with proper animation and movement, before I even bother start thinking about different breeds. :#

Right, that too. 🤣
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make mine 22 hands tall!
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a beautiful horse. I'd pay money for that!
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd use horses more if they had realistic anatomy! So, wolves it is until a good horse is available, and..well...they will still always be my favorites. Every now and then, though, they would like me to ride a horse for a change :)
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joustpic2-lg.JPG
    kla8pheat8i41.jpg

Please. A pretty black horse with black tack is all I want! Sooooooo badly! If you animate the mane I'll pay a premium for it. 🖤

Right? Sadly the horses in this game look terrible. Whoever designed them knew absolutely nothing about equine conformation. Skyrim is just as bad. All a bunch of over at the knee, pigeon toed, crooked hocks and the tail set makes me want to cry.

Strange thing is in the oblivion game, even though it's a lot older, the horses look so much better.
  • ive_wonder
    ive_wonder
    ✭✭✭

They are looking exactly like a creatures which are able to bend laws of physics and gravity to their will.
  • swook33b16_ESO
    swook33b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sad Zenimax stopped making more warhorses for the game and instead they just make more My little pony horses. But yeah would like to see such horses in the game but they probably make them small and skinny.

But who knows, I did ask for welwa mount and now we have that. It took years but its here now. Im just hoping we get Craglorn Welwa mount and Longhair Welwa mount. Maybe next year.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Joustpic2-lg.JPG
    kla8pheat8i41.jpg

Right? Sadly the horses in this game look terrible. Whoever designed them knew absolutely nothing about equine conformation. Skyrim is just as bad. All a bunch of over at the knee, pigeon toed, crooked hocks and the tail set makes me want to cry.

Strange thing is in the oblivion game, even though it's a lot older, the horses look so much better.

Everything between the hip and the hock is WRONG. I've a theory that they're using the same animation skeleton from the original horses. The models, when ripped, don't look. . . quite so warped in the legs.

I agree about the tails, and the fact that they just gave up on manes entirely also makes me want to cry. Vanilla horses now have stringy, stiff as a board manes, and they just hide the necks in armor on all the "fancy" horses.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashryn wrote: »
    I'd use horses more if they had realistic anatomy! So, wolves it is until a good horse is available, and..well...they will still always be my favorites. Every now and then, though, they would like me to ride a horse for a change :)

The run animation is awful and looks hilariously bad at full sprint. Not sure why it hasn't been fixed yet.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on December 31, 2021 1:00AM
    PC NA
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, now I want one too.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Joustpic2-lg.JPG
    kla8pheat8i41.jpg

Isn't there a black horse available at the stables?

I want a class change token. My oldest characters were created long before balancing and changes to racial passives and I would love to be able to update them for the modern game.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They also don't understand that horses can walk backwards instead of spinning around. Same with all our other mounts, fantasy or not.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Joustpic2-lg.JPG
    kla8pheat8i41.jpg

I want a class change token. My oldest characters were created long before balancing and changes to racial passives and I would love to be able to update them for the modern game.

There is, but the absolutely dead My Little Pony eyes that are just sort of painted on are disturbing.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joustpic2-lg.JPG
    kla8pheat8i41.jpg

There is, but the absolutely dead My Little Pony eyes that are just sort of painted on are disturbing.

and with weird proportions, legs, and movement.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah older mounts have issues. My striped senche tiger doesn't walk like a cat, it runs in very slow motion. So unnatural and odd-looking.