Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

TEMPLAR TROLLS MAKING PVP UNPLAYABLE

marius_buys
marius_buys
✭✭✭✭✭
Please guys this is now an old and outdated post ok, so just chill and be happy its not so bad anymore

SO this is now the latest in the Cyrodiil Troll saga
Faction A Templar slots cleansing ritual
Faction B NB affects the Templar with Plaguebreak (By design or just in normal combat)
Faction A's Templar runs from group to group removing the plague from himself early which procs the plaguebreak bomb, blowing up his own factions players ha-frikkin-ha, very funny!
There is simply no counter not to mention that the purify synergy goes and sits on top of and suppresses all other synergies
Of course this does not even include the poor sod who doesn't even know he is busy killing his own factions players by spamming cleansing ritual.
Yup, saaaalty!

To illustrate my point:
It's guild run time. We are at a resource and a Templar healer, not in our group, for no reason runs behind the tower and comes back with the plagued status on him,
he literally runs straight into us and spams ritual to cleanse himself. We of course have to deal with Mr. Kamikaze. How did we know it was intentional? We keep logs that record all players around us, so on checking the logs this "delightful individual" , in a faction locked campaign, has cast cleansing ritual over 70% of his total casts. See the pic of this players log https://imgflip.com/i/6imlaa

Seriously @Gilliamtherogue or anyone in the combat dev team, is this Plaguebreak operating as intended?
I have over 9K hours played on my pvp magplar and this is next level punitive trolling caused by un-grouped randoms
It doesn't help that your death summary lists the enemy who applied plaguebreak, not the idiot who killed you with it.
Why do we day after day have to deal with trolls like this or CLEANSE BOMBING NOOBS who just doesn't know any better?

Why not just make it that pvp players can only see the purify synergy from players in their own group?
Please give us at least some counter to players intentionally triggering friendly fire and suppressing offensive synergies.

There were some doubts as to my claim to over 9K hrs on Templar claim so I include a pic with some screenshots, turns out its a bit more than 9K hrs
https://imgflip.com/i/8b8xsm
Edited by marius_buys on January 4, 2024 9:46AM
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP is making PVP unplayable. There is always some class doing something that makes it unplayable. Then cries for nerfs come up and eventually some class is reduced to suckage. This is the ebb and flow of PVP. It's been going on for years. As soon as they nerf these something else will show up that is making it unplayable.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought faction lock would solve all the issues of "loyalty?"

Well, I didn't actually think that, but you know what I mean :)
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can, in a faction locked campaign, cooperate with an enemy player on the opposite faction as easily as being on the same discord. Nevermind there being addons that can show a enemy players exact position if both players share the same addon.

Jeez is asking for just fair competition in game asking that much? In my opinion any actions in or out the game tbat is beyond the vanilla version of pvp should be deckared as an exploit and players should receive a warning and if they do it again, loose their account.
    Edited by marius_buys on June 5, 2022 3:58AM
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS does not want to do anything about this I guess we will be running with oir own two "friendly fire bombers" on the other two factions. Good for the goose, right? How easy to wipe the enemy zergs with a Dark Converge and a unkillable bomber with guaranteed Plaguebreak. Lol, no actually I wouldnt but please ZOS could you just do something about this cringe behaviour?
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well if it makes you feel better, Warden has no control over their Cleanses, since Betty just purges everyfew seconds. So you never know when a Warden is just going to explode next to you.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One Templar using extended ritual to purge plague from themselves is not going to blow up your group. The only way you will explode is if someone in your group uses the aoe purge from the alliance skill line, or several in your group are using the purge synergy simultaneously, or several in your group die at the same time. Death causes plague to explode, too.

As for using the purge synergy simultaneously, I’ve known players to hot key a synergy key bind so that it goes off every half second. If your group is doing this, then that is on you.

Also, your image just shows how much healing the Templars ritual did. Not how many times he cast it.
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP is making PVP unplayable. There is always some class doing something that makes it unplayable. Then cries for nerfs come up and eventually some class is reduced to suckage. This is the ebb and flow of PVP. It's been going on for years. As soon as they nerf these something else will show up that is making it unplayable.

You are kind of missing the point here.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    One Templar using extended ritual to purge plague from themselves is not going to blow up your group. The only way you will explode is if someone in your group uses the aoe purge from the alliance skill line, or several in your group are using the purge synergy simultaneously, or several in your group die at the same time. Death causes plague to explode, too.

As for using the purge synergy simultaneously, I’ve known players to hot key a synergy key bind so that it goes off every half second. If your group is doing this, then that is on you.

Also, your image just shows how much healing the Templars ritual did. Not how many times he cast it.

We picked the guy up in question very quickly because it was only my group and 3 randoms at the flag so this was 1 encounter. Are you saying that the following info is incorrect re plaguebreak triggers?

1 ANY DEATH by PLAYER/PET or NPC
    2 ANY PURGE/ NETCH CLEANSE/ RITUAL-PURIFY SYNERGY/ EXPUNGE CLEANSE / LIFE AMID DEATH CLEANSE
    3 ANY CLEANSE FROM THESE SETS: CURSE EATER, WYRD TREE or STENDARR

just the 5th bonus of the set for reference

PLAGUEBREAK SET:
    - Dealing direct damage to an enemy, who is not a Plague Carrier, turns them into a Plague Carrier for 10 seconds, dealing 1715 Disease Damage over the duration.
    - If the plague is removed early, it explodes, infecting enemies within 8 meters of the carrier and dealing 712 Disease Damage.
    - The explosion deals an additional 50% damage per enemy hit.

So you're saying a Templar that is a plague carrier cleanses himself from the plague early he does NOT proc the plagebreak explosion on other players?
    Edited by marius_buys on June 5, 2022 10:54AM
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why you guys going on about templars? ANY class has access to purge and does the same thing. It noit a templar thing just because they were a templar
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinnereso wrote: »
    Why you guys going on about templars? ANY class has access to purge and does the same thing. It noit a templar thing just because they were a templar

Its not a flame against Templars, its just Templars running into fights spamming Cleansing ritual. The purify synergy sits on top of all other offencive synergies and if you use it it procs the Plaguebreak bomb. THEN you have TROLL TEMPLAR players that go and do this ON PURPOSE, a special kind of repugnant.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not a flame against Templars, its just Templars running into fights spamming Cleansing ritual. The purify synergy sits on top of all other offencive synergies and if you use it it procs the Plaguebreak bomb. THEN you have TROLL TEMPLAR players that go and do this ON PURPOSE, a special kind of repugnant.

Hey,

After a break to PvP I came back to CP and discovered Plague Break. I was also purifying when I wasn't supposed to, because in lag/low fps, sometimes you can't tell what the hell is going on. I got a fair few zone reactions and then understood it was me purging and hitting some people (not intended)

I think what OP is saying is that Templar is the only class that can offer to purify others via a synergisable skill, essentially making the most useful skill to others...well...dangerous ;)

All you have to do is heal up (80%+-) , move away and then Purge if you have additional effects on you.

• deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »

Hey,

After a break to PvP I came back to CP and discovered Plague Break. I was also purifying when I wasn't supposed to, because in lag/low fps, sometimes you can't tell what the hell is going on. I got a fair few zone reactions and then understood it was me purging and hitting some people (not intended)

I think what OP is saying is that Templar is the only class that can offer to purify others via a synergisable skill, essentially making the most useful skill to others...well...dangerous ;)

All you have to do is heal up (80%+-) , move away and then Purge if you have additional effects on you.

GUILTY!!

TO THE PLANK WITH YOU!
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since Plaguebreak, I only put purify on my back bar for dragons too easy to accidentally hit it.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait until you run into this.

https://youtu.be/bRcg7Vi2FXQ
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ag6rly1b325w.gif

Edited by Mr_Stach on June 5, 2022 4:08PM
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phew, thank frick we have faction locks, imagine the numbers of trolls if it wasnt in place ... oh wait?
    The numbers of trolls is still the same, but cyro devolved into PvDoor/Zerghaven AND most of the good pvpers are gone? Damn faction lock really worked its wonders, thank god the clueless majority voted for it.
    Edited by ATomiX69 on June 5, 2022 4:17PM
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SO this is now the latest in the Cyrodiil Troll saga
    Faction A Templar slots cleansing ritual
    Faction B NB affects the Templar with Plaguebreak (By design or just in normal combat)
    Faction A's Templar runs from group to group removing the plague from himself early which procs the plaguebreak bomb, blowing up his own factions players ha-frikkin-ha, very funny!
    There is simply no counter not to mention that the purify synergy goes and sits on top of and suppresses all other synergies
    Of course this does not even include the poor sod who doesn't even know he is busy killing his own factions players by spamming cleansing ritual.
    Yup, saaaalty!

To illustrate my point:
    It's guild run time. We are at a resource and a Templar healer, not in our group, for no reason runs behind the tower and comes back with the plagued status on him,
    he literally runs straight into us and spams ritual to cleanse himself. We of course have to deal with Mr. Kamikaze. How did we know it was intentional? We keep logs that record all players around us, so on checking the logs this "delightful individual" , in a faction locked campaign, has cast cleansing ritual over 70% of his total casts. See the pic of this players log https://imgflip.com/i/6imlaa

Seriously @Gilliamtherogue or anyone in the combat dev team, is this Plaguebreak operating as intended?
    I have over 9K hours played on my pvp magplar and this is next level punitive trolling caused by un-grouped randoms
    It doesn't help that your death summary lists the enemy who applied plaguebreak, not the idiot who killed you with it.
    Why do we day after day have to deal with trolls like this or CLEANSE BOMBING NOOBS who just doesn't know any better?

Why not just make it that pvp players can only see the purify synergy from players in their own group?
    Please give us at least some counter to players intentionally triggering friendly fire and suppressing offensive synergies.

Yup called this out awhile ago, Cleansing Ritual should be changed PB or not, it's a lousy synergy that takes priority over other synergies... & it's way too big.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/604109/time-for-a-cleansing-ritual-change/p1
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny [snip] until Johnny troll equips it

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 17, 2023 12:07PM
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Plaguebreak, I only put purify on my back bar for dragons too easy to accidentally hit it.

this - players adapt. mechanics like plaguebreak makes pvp more interesting, and help stave off zerg sloppiness.

one always has the choice to not click the synergy, and it's not that hard to spread out a bit to avoid others triggering it.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have heard that many people have alt accounts and that Zenimax has said such accounts are legitimate and can be active simultaneously as long as they are manually controlled, not operated by a third-party program.

With that, such actions themselves may be unintended so Zenimax may be interested in such things. It is worth reporting this in-game.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Campaigns section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remove the darn set already. It would fix so many issues.
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is simply no counter

Go to No CP
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go to No CP

Yes, go to No Cp and get run down by the AD zerg wearing pariah (which is totally not a proc set btw!)
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go to No CP

NO
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go to No CP

Yes, go to No Cp and get run down by the AD zerg wearing pariah (which is totally not a proc set btw!)

As long as pariah is allowed there, it's not a "no-proc" server like people claim IMO. The set is a problem in CP, but an even bigger problem for balance in no-CP.
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, imagine having the time to log on to an enemy faction just so your team can get points. It smells desperation and pve. That honestly sucks. I knew there were "spies" in every faction, but I didn't know they were actually doing stuff like that. I think the cleansing should only cleanse the person and their group if any. And that person and their group takes extra damage for removing it. Maybe the damage could stack up per group member in the vicinity. This way it still works on the person and their ball group. Then again, I like when people cleanse my pb. >> So I won't be sad if that change doesn't happen lol.
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • Gunner19K
    Gunner19K
    Get your friends in opposing alliances to meet you in cyrodiil where your friendly troll player is and set him/her/it up for a zerg. Takes coordination to pause fighting on both sides to catch pvp trolls, but fun. Repeat if they come back, they continue the battle.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly if it can be shown that they intentionally, repeatedly, do this, it should be a bannable offense.
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny
    ✭✭
    Reading this a year later is soooo funny to me 😭😭😭