The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

TEMPLAR TROLLS MAKING PVP UNPLAYABLE

• Akasha_Mei
    Akasha_Mei
    ✭✭
    Good to know
    Kind Regards,Akasha Mei
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    <snip>
    I have over 9K hours played on my pvp magplar and this is next level punitive trolling caused by un-grouped randoms
    <snip>

9000hrs. That's amazing.

I like math so I did some to help me understand the magnitude of your claim and what it would take to achieve. Below are some scenarios:
    • Period to achieve 9000 hrs played: (if you did not sleep, eat, bio, work or do ANYTHING outside of play) 1yr and 10days.
    • Now a scenario where you sleep 7 hrs a day, but do not work, but do eat and shower (2hrs). Period to achieve 9000 hrs played: 600 days or 19.71 months or ~1yr 7mo 14days.
    • Now a more complete scenario where you sleep, work, pay bills, take showers, eat and have wellness or health days outside of the game averaging that to be 10 for work, 7 for sleep, 2 for misc responsibilities each day mentioned earlier in this scenario (very conservative) = 19hrs a day doing what most average people do leaves 5 hours of discretionary time. For this case we'll assume all of your discretionary hours are put towards game time.

9000hr / 5hr per day = 1800 days = 4.93yrs

That's absolutely incredible!
    Thank you for your commitment and being part of the loyal player base helping to sustain the current population.

CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brakkish wrote: »
    <snip>
    I have over 9K hours played on my pvp magplar and this is next level punitive trolling caused by un-grouped randoms
    <snip>

9000hrs. That's amazing.

I like math so I did some to help me understand the magnitude of your claim and what it would take to achieve. Below are some scenarios:
    • Period to achieve 9000 hrs played: (if you did not sleep, eat, bio, work or do ANYTHING outside of play) 1yr and 10days.
    • Now a scenario where you sleep 7 hrs a day, but do not work, but do eat and shower (2hrs). Period to achieve 9000 hrs played: 600 days or 19.71 months or ~1yr 7mo 14days.
    • Now a more complete scenario where you sleep, work, pay bills, take showers, eat and have wellness or health days outside of the game averaging that to be 10 for work, 7 for sleep, 2 for misc responsibilities each day mentioned earlier in this scenario (very conservative) = 19hrs a day doing what most average people do leaves 5 hours of discretionary time. For this case we'll assume all of your discretionary hours are put towards game time.

Thank you for your commitment and being part of the loyal player base helping to sustain the current population.

Games been around 10 years
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread was started in June 2022. Many nerfs to templar since then. (in addition to the horrible out of the blue and lore breaking change to jabs animation that doesn't fit with the other templar spear animations)
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necro might be dead in game; but alive and well here.
    CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <snip>
    <snip>

9000hrs. That's amazing.

IF there were some doubts as to my claim of over 9K hrs on Templar, I include a pic with some screenshots, turns out its a bit more than 9K hrs lol
    https://imgflip.com/i/8b8xsm
    Edited by marius_buys on January 4, 2024 9:20AM
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    <snip>
    <snip>

9000hrs. That's amazing.

Why even make this comment? To shame others? To call the person you're replying to a liar?

This game has been around for almost a decade. It's really not that much of a stretch to have 9k hours, and it shouldn't really concern you how others spend their time.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <snip>
    <snip>

9000hrs. That's amazing.

Why even make this comment? To shame others? To call the person you're replying to a liar?

This game has been around for almost a decade. It's really not that much of a stretch to have 9k hours, and it shouldn't really concern you how others spend their time.

Tbh I took it as a genuine compliment, no bad intent to anyone else
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭

Your tone reflects disagreement. The disagreement must stem then from your interpretation of my comment.
    I'll simplify my reply: You're wrong.

I'll say I'm not surprised however, as encounters with those who see things with a glass-half-full, skeptical, or pessimistic lense are never in short supply. I don't personally find those qualities lacking, I just recognize they are polar opposites for some.

To be more clear - if I thought it was a load of bull, I'd of just said so.

Edited by Brakkish on January 4, 2024 8:51PM
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would you find it incredulous if I say I have played for almost 20K hrs if you work out my game time across all of my 18 fully levelled characters? :wink:
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭

Would you find it incredulous if I say I have played for almost 20K hrs if you work out my game time across all of my 18 fully levelled characters? :wink:

I say that's remarkable!!

Let's break it down:

It's been 85,578 hours since game release 4/4/2014
    We'll assume you eat and sleep totaling 9 hrs/day. - (7hrs sleep, 2hrs misc - bio, bathe, food) = 15hrs discretionary time each day.
    85,578 - 7,497(hrs out of game) = 78,081 hrs available since 4/4/2014

Period to achieve 20000 hrs played:
    • ROBOT: No sleep, no eat, no bio, no work or ANYTHING beyond play the game since 4/4/2014). (not factored are game downtimes and outages - e.g. game maintenance, server crashes, etc) 2yrs 3mos
    • HUMAN: sleep, bathe, eat, bio and have wellness or health days outside of the game averaging that to be 7 for sleep, 2 for misc responsibilities each day 9hrs a day leaves 15 hours a day discretionary time that if applied 100% to the game would be:
    • 20,000hr / 15hr per day = 1333 days = 3yrs 7mos 23days
    • Or more exciting to look at is: 25.6% of all available time to you, while not sleeping since April 2014, roughly a decade - 1/4 of it spent in ESO.
    • Or - Averaging 5.6 hours in game each day, every day, for the past 3,570 days.
    Impressive

That said - do you feel with that much time invested that it's going to be a difficult time when the lights eventually go out around here?

I've pondered this myself - and even though my time spent in game pales in comparison; I'm going to have a difficult time as this game is my sanctuary and respite from daily ongoings (life).