The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

No magblade pvp improvements again? D:

• Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    IMO non-bomb Magblade is in a close race to the bottom with Magden in PvP. Personally, I've never li
    KoIIegoIas wrote: »
    Templar will be fine next patch with still viable dark flare. It needed a nerf. The Nerf of DK is decent aswell. Atleast for PvP. It is zenimax plan, to buff more things in future, but i guess this two classes had to be ajusted.

Just to clarify, when you write dark flare you're talking about Living Dark, right? It definitely needed a nerf, but I'm not a fan of capping it...it's another bandaid fix for a problem zos created.

I didn't even know how OP Living Dark was, but I'm not even using it on my new Templar main and still wiping the floor like it's a joke. Can't even imagine having Living Dark as a powerful reactive heal active during my burst lineup.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely don't want to see Templar nerfed. I love Templar too.

It just makes me SO ANGRY AND BITTER when I play NB then Templar straight after each and I can see how much of an easier experience my life is, all I want is an equally enjoyable experience.

If you think that's bad, try playing a NB and then a Dk. Wow! Really night and day... Of course, Dk are now under the nerf hammer so I'm starting a Templar. I guess with the nerf/buff/nerf/buff merry-go-round the way it is I'll eventually end up with one of everything whether I want to or not...
    PS5/NA
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magblades have all kinds of variety...they can tether bomb or Convergence bomb, or tether Convergence bomb. The possibilities are incredible

This bombblade build hasn't been truly playable since the nerfs to proxy set, dark convergence (I hate dark convergence anyway), and the cast times involved in soul tether. The only successful bomb builds I've heard of in the current meta involve a dk w/ corrosive and a cro.
  • zammo
    zammo
    ✭✭✭
    Here is my take on how Nightblades could be improved

Death Stroke and it's morphs should have it's cost increased to 100 and ignore 10% of your opponents armor but for every 100 ultimate spent the ability will ignore an additional 10% of your opponents defenses, at 500 ultimate the ability will ignore 50% of your enemies armor.

Cripple and it's morphs should be instant and not a projectile, like Fossilize the stun should not be blocked or dodged.

Shadow Cloak should apply a DOT heal over time when cast and instead reduce detection radius by 10 meters for 3 seconds as opposed to granting invisibility, this change would make the ability less overpowered when in active combat as you would only beable to benefit from the initial effect while already hidden while applying a heal to to it would add a new use for the ability in content that it would be otherwise useless in such as Dungeons or Trials meanwhile Dark Cloak should grant Major Protection instead of Minor Protection.

Assassin's Blade and it's morphs should have the execute threshold increased to 33% from 25%

Grim Focus and it's morphs should require only 4 light attacks to trigger, in addition each stack would increase weapon and spell damage by 75 points up from 60.

Hemorrhage should grant Spell Critical in addition to Weapon Critical

Nothing here addresses the only real (none-bomb) Magblade problem in PvP, which is reliably delivering burst.

Death Stroke is fine as is, just fix the bug with Incap that prevents it being cast between 120 - 130 ult (related to vamp?)

Cripple is fine.

Shadow Cloak I dont use Shadowy Disguise, but Dark Cloak is fine.

Assassin's Blade I don't mind that change, but still wouldn't use it.

Grim Focus 5 light attacks is fine, but the initial empty cast should be free. Unpopular opinion, but I actually like the heal on it.

Hemorrhage ZOS have their reasons for this being as it is, i'm fine with that.

What I would like (without losing anything):

Reaper's Mark Since the nerf to Major Berserk some patches ago, the duration of this buff after killing should have been increased to 10s. This would help in 1vX situations

Aspect of Terror What to say here. This skill was massacred, then to rub salt into the wound, Turn Evil happened. Something should be added to this skill to aid delivering burst, because right now, it just doesn't. Maybe add a damage element, perhaps on breaking free, although that's treading on the toes of Fossilize. I dunno, needs something.

Soul Siphon Remove the cast time.

Strife Shouldn't be a projectile, make it instant.

Drain Power Move Major Brutality and Sorcery to another skill and give this something else. Ideally i'd like Brutality and Sorcery on Grim Focus or Siphoning Strikes.
    Edited by zammo on May 20, 2022 1:10PM
  • KoIIegoIas
    KoIIegoIas
    ✭✭✭
    IMO non-bomb Magblade is in a close race to the bottom with Magden in PvP. Personally, I've never li
    KoIIegoIas wrote: »
    Templar will be fine next patch with still viable dark flare. It needed a nerf. The Nerf of DK is decent aswell. Atleast for PvP. It is zenimax plan, to buff more things in future, but i guess this two classes had to be ajusted.

Just to clarify, when you write dark flare you're talking about Living Dark, right? It definitely needed a nerf, but I'm not a fan of capping it...it's another bandaid fix for a problem zos created.

Yes i mean living dark sry. I always confuse those two. Yeah the cap is very bad. They could let it how it is, by just nerfing the coefficient by a lot
    Edited by KoIIegoIas on May 20, 2022 3:38PM
  • RemoryAzure
    RemoryAzure
    ✭✭✭
    zammo wrote: »
    Hemorrhage ZOS have their reasons for this being as it is, i'm fine with that.

those reasons are gone in a current patch we have on live servers. in case u guys still dont know it, but all skills now take the higher of two critical chances.

as long as ur weapon critical w/o passive is the same (for example, having camouflage hunter on ur bar) as the spell critical, u will get profit from hemorrhage passive, ur MAG skills will take weapon critical instead of spell critical.

i tested it on a naked sorc with 10% critical rate and used spell critical potion and sorc's passive for 6% spell critical, so i had 10% weapon critical and 28% spell critical. guess what? crystal weapon, which is a stamina ability, ended up with 31% critical rate after ~15 min testing on dummies. i repeated it with both stamina and magicka allocated points to test whether it behavior changes when it takes damage from the higher resource, but no, critical chance is still taken from the highest number anyway.
    Edited by RemoryAzure on May 21, 2022 1:13PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblades have all kinds of variety...they can tether bomb or Convergence bomb, or tether Convergence bomb. The possibilities are incredible

This bombblade build hasn't been truly playable since the nerfs to proxy set, dark convergence (I hate dark convergence anyway), and the cast times involved in soul tether. The only successful bomb builds I've heard of in the current meta involve a dk w/ corrosive and a cro.

Agreed, the cast time combined with lag make the timing a nightmare.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run both Stam and mag. The issue is that nightblade success is built around crit, and if you go 5+ light your crit damage is garbage, thus you have a harder time dealing damage.

I've experimented on a mag melee build and it just doesn't compete because the light passives do not translate as well damage wise for burst. But if you go 4 medium and 3 light (which is what I run on my Stam blade) to balance damage and pen, your mag sustain suffers. NB already has the worst sustain out of all the classes.

I know there were always players who disliked that magblade was dominated by bombing but at least they had something identifiable and, for a long time, they were the best bombers in the game.

I have had ganking success with an inferno Caluurions timed with bow proc. I wish they hadn't made doylemish so niche to proc because that would be a great alternative to Caluurions.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr