The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

No magblade pvp improvements again? D:

spacefracking
spacefracking
✭✭✭✭
Last I remember the stealth rework got hype, but it ended up making it far more spotty (even npcs respond if I'm invisible in their house, with all the stealth sets on + 7x medium)

Magblade has been touching the bottom of the barrel for so long :/

I had been hoping this would be the Summer of the Magblade, but no :(
  • Selot
    Selot
    ✭✭✭
    Can't agree more. Magblade is the worst pvp class.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if Magblade got some love. Mines been gather dust since the Vamp rework
    Edited by Mr_Stach on May 14, 2022 4:43AM
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's actually crazy to think that even stamblade is better at tether bombing than magblade now. Either way proxy det should be restored to it's original power. That nerf killed tether bombing for good.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did get the refreshing path buff. I'll be using it in pvp personally.

There are some nice QOL things that could be done for the class though.

- Remove the minimum travel time on the bow
    - make the bow heal for a % of the tooltip when shot, rather than a % of the damage done if it hits
    - Remove the cast time on incap & tether (and all ults really, cast times being added to ults was stupid to being with)
    - make sap essence grant the brutality even if it doesn't hit anything
    - the stun on concealed weapon/surprise attack is just outdated. Even the new and improved NA server has "location desync" - this is why surprise attack often stuns people right in front of you. This makes it difficult to use as a pvp spammable because it messes with your ability to stun people when you want. The easy solution is to make both morphs simply apply off balance on every cast, and only stun if you're invisible. Off balance is one of the best stuns in pvp, because it can be combo'd with other abilities. Would be much more consistent this way.
    - speed up the travel time of debilitate/cripple. Great skills, but super slow travel time.
    - change the armor passive to proc off the number of light armor or medium armor worn, rather than heavy. Fits the class archetype much better.
    - remove the limit on the number of targets you can apply mark to. It doesn't make sense that a skill like elemental drain can be applied to multiple targets, but mark cannot.
    - increase the impale threshold to 30%. 25% is ridiculously low in pvp, especially with how high healing is.
    - remove the cast time on ambush. Make it instant. Having a cast time on a gap closer makes it extremely clunky, and overall the skill is not worth the opportunity cost of being frozen in the animation for like 1.5-2 seconds.
    - increase the range on fear by 1-2 meters. The location desync with the short range on fear makes it worthless as a stun. There is a reason no body uses it anymore.

Just some thoughts. No crazy buffs, just modernizing the toolkit a bit.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Aoshy
    Aoshy
    ✭✭✭
    Even with these changes u suggested I think it will keep been really bad in pvp...
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    itamdnokab9w.png
    62wbi8urr0ia.png
    8b4dcak5feik.png
    ovtpw5bmfh3v.png

Just going to leave these here for comparisons.... Those changes mentioned above wouldn't fix Nightblade. It'd be nice step back to getting off the crap path the Class has been put on for several years, but it wouldn't fix it. Every class and weapon skill line ability damage needs to be measured around the Templar ability photos above. Dizzying Swing, Snipe, and even Subterranean Assault is a joke in comparison to total damage output (though Beetles is delayed, hence wardens capable of higher burst than a Nightblade).

In short: "One second cast of Jabs" does ~4650 AoE base damage while "7 second minimum of perfect light attack weaving and no light attacks are dodged" give you single target ~4200 damage. And why the heck is a DAMAGE passive like Burning Light not included in the Nightblade toolkit?? Seriously. So backwards. We get higher crit chance from passives.... Which makes guaranteed crit from Shadow Cloak feel REAL.... Useful lolz

EDIT: Don't even get me started on Breton racial passives and how even having +45% Magicka recovery bonus (130 × 1.45 = <195 aka <600 Magicka every 6 second), their sustain bonus falls short to: freaking High Elf racial sustain passive alone(625 lowest resource/6 second), not even to include the universal adaptability it gives of giving stamina when needed as well... oh, and 5% damage reduction while using cast or channeled times aka Templar heaven. And our "awesome" 7% MAGICKA cost reduction (compared to 6% cost reduction to ALL abilities with Imperial) which gets penalized by factoring in via multiplicatively (and not even being reworked to 10% Magicka cost reduction like the 5 piece algorithm of Seducer set), instead of additive bonus like the High Elf, Dark Elf, and Orc weapon and spell damage passives.

Dang it. I got into my Breton Racial passive rant anyway. Breton Nightblade feels garbage and pigeonholed into Magicka due to racials while lorewise, High Elves are better stamina warriors than Redguard and even Orcs lolz
    Edited by Joosef_Kivikilpi on May 16, 2022 9:49PM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itamdnokab9w.png
    62wbi8urr0ia.png
    8b4dcak5feik.png
    ovtpw5bmfh3v.png

Just going to leave these here for comparisons.... Those changes mentioned above wouldn't fix Nightblade. It'd be nice step back to getting off the crap path the Class has been put on for several years, but it wouldn't fix it. Every class and weapon skill line ability damage needs to be measured around the Templar ability photos above. Dizzying Swing, Snipe, and even Subterranean Assault is a joke in comparison to total damage output (though Beetles is delayed, hence wardens capable of higher burst than a Nightblade).

In short: "One second cast of Jabs" does ~4650 AoE base damage while "7 second minimum of perfect light attack weaving and no light attacks are dodged" give you single target ~4200 damage. And why the heck is a DAMAGE passive like Burning Light not included in the Nightblade toolkit?? Seriously. So backwards. We get higher crit chance from passives.... Which makes guaranteed crit from Shadow Cloak feel REAL.... Useful lolz

EDIT: Don't even get me started on Breton racial passives and how even having +45% Magicka recovery bonus (130 × 1.45 = <195 aka <600 Magicka every 6 second), their sustain bonus falls short to: freaking High Elf racial sustain passive alone(625 lowest resource/6 second), not even to include the universal adaptability it gives of giving stamina when needed as well... oh, and 5% damage reduction while using cast or channeled times aka Templar heaven. And our "awesome" 7% MAGICKA cost reduction (compared to 6% cost reduction to ALL abilities with Imperial) which gets penalized by factoring in via multiplicatively (and not even being reworked to 10% Magicka cost reduction like the 5 piece algorithm of Seducer set), instead of additive bonus like the High Elf, Dark Elf, and Orc weapon and spell damage passives.

Dang it. I got into my Breton Racial passive rant anyway. Breton Nightblade feels garbage and pigeonholed into Magicka due to racials while lorewise, High Elves are better stamina warriors than Redguard and even Orcs lolz

To be honest, I disagree with the reasoning here.

You can't just take two classes and say "this class should be able to do this because this one can do this". They're different for a reason, and they have their strengths and weaknesses.

Grim focus is not comparable to jabs, as jabs is a spammable and grim focus is a burst ability. It would be better to compare it to purifying light, which can deal comparable damage but requires you to deal signifcant damage to achieve the burst. This is somewhat comparable to needed to cast 5 light attacks to proc a grim focus, especially given that the light attacks don't even need to connect. Both skills also have a healing component.

I've got a few thousand hours on nightblade, a mix of them on both mag and stam. Currentley playing a hybrid nightblade on live, and it is genuinely the strongest version of the class in the past 3-4 years. MagNB hasn't been stronger since back when it could stack 60k mag for insane wards + damage, and stam hasn't been this strong since when seventh/fury builds existed.

The class is in a good spot right now, it just needs some quality of life updates and minor upgrades to the kit. Trying to make it in line with with templar/magDK would just result in it becoming meta and then getting nerfed.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    The class is in a good spot right now, it just needs some quality of life updates and minor upgrades to the kit. Trying to make it in line with with templar/magDK would just result in it becoming meta and then getting nerfed.

Responding to spammable alone: AoE Jabs does 120% more damage than single target Swallow Soul Mageblade spammable, in addition to healing for more and causing a 40% snare.

Responding to class burst: Grim Focus isn't delayed burst like Power of the Light- Grim Focus requires seven global cooldowns minimum, two of them being to activate, then to fire when ready, and is easily telegraphed and able. Power of the Light is unable to be dodged, delayed timer allowing multiple damage inputs to strike at the same time after the six seconds. I'm not saying to copy/paste because that's boring. If you're not seeing the clear power difference between basic abilities then, I don't know what other proof I can give you then- even if Mageblade feels the best it's been in a long time- that the Nightblade class has been in the dumpster fire for so long that menial buffs still leave it on the same category of "garbage" tier.

Believe me, man. I've got several thousands of hours on my Nightblade main and five Nightblade alts as well. I'm speaking up because there is a huge, glaring disparity and has been for so long. Templar actually feels good to play because you get good return on any input investment you make with the class (besides their class DoTs that do less total damage than jabs by a fair margin, making it pointless for a bar ability). I got tired of having to sweat so much just to do good damage which other classes can simply line up for a timer burst of multiple skills hitting at the same time.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Responding to spammable alone: AoE Jabs does 120% more damage than single target Swallow Soul Mageblade spammable, in addition to healing for more and causing a 40% snare.

Responding to class burst: Grim Focus isn't delayed burst like Power of the Light- Grim Focus requires seven global cooldowns minimum, two of them being to activate, then to fire when ready, and is easily telegraphed and able. Power of the Light is unable to be dodged, delayed timer allowing multiple damage inputs to strike at the same time after the six seconds. I'm not saying to copy/paste because that's boring. If you're not seeing the clear power difference between basic abilities then, I don't know what other proof I can give you then- even if Mageblade feels the best it's been in a long time- that the Nightblade class has been in the dumpster fire for so long that menial buffs still leave it on the same category of "garbage" tier.

Believe me, man. I've got several thousands of hours on my Nightblade main and five Nightblade alts as well. I'm speaking up because there is a huge, glaring disparity and has been for so long. Templar actually feels good to play because you get good return on any input investment you make with the class (besides their class DoTs that do less total damage than jabs by a fair margin, making it pointless for a bar ability). I got tired of having to sweat so much just to do good damage which other classes can simply line up for a timer burst of multiple skills hitting at the same time.

Why do people always try to pretend that two skills can be compared in a vacuum?

On Jabs:
    1. Jabs is AoE, subject to major evasion and other reduction.
    2. Jabs is a channel, you can also not get hit by all strikes
    3. Jabs Melee, not ranged
    4. Only puncturing sweep heals
    5. The class doesn't have passives that work out of invisibility, etc. - you know the class passives and what you are defending better than me, so you should know what I mean
    7. You compared a morph to a non-morphed ability...

On Power of the Light:
    1. It can be cleansed
    2. Requires you to do damage to get damage out of the skill
    3. Class mix of melee and ranged means in reality, it's difficult to fill
    4. Morph bonuses on it suck for 1v1 play

In fact, power of the light is so bad that it's rare you see anyone even use it in Cyro and BGs unless they don't know any better or are slotting a bow to be an inferior "ganker."

If you played Templar too, you'd know it also has it's own problems and magblade can be better than it in many instances.

If you want a real comparison take the exact same gear and use on both classes and then make the same claims. I guarantee you, magblade will come out on top.

Without crutching on arena weapons, mythics, etc. templar itself is a bad class IMO and has little to no real pressure outside jabs, which is not unlike magblade's current problem.
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would rather see Nightblade's toolkit moved to be in line with Templar and DK, and then get nerfed, rather than sit in 'the good place it is currently' - which I completely disagree that Mag Nightblade is.

The class lacks the versatility to be taken seriously as anything but dps.

I'm not asking to have our cake and eat it too. I'm asking for the mag play of the class to get a revision of it's abilities, and scaled accordingly.

F Cloak as a gimmick. Which can't be used in dungeons or trials, and is the source of bad will from it's sole use in pvp.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭

Why do people always try to pretend that two skills can be compared in a vacuum?

On Jabs:
    1. Jabs is AoE, subject to major evasion and other reduction.
    2. Jabs is a channel, you can also not get hit by all strikes
    3. Jabs Melee, not ranged
    4. Only puncturing sweep heals
    5. The class doesn't have passives that work out of invisibility, etc. - you know the class passives and what you are defending better than me, so you should know what I mean
    7. You compared a morph to a non-morphed ability...

On Power of the Light:
    1. It can be cleansed

In fact, power of the light is so bad that it's rare you see anyone even use it in Cyro and BGs unless they don't know any better or are slotting a bow to be an inferior "ganker."

If you played Templar too, you'd know it also has it's own problems and magblade can be better than it in many instances.

If you want a real comparison take the exact same gear and use on both classes and then make the same claims. I guarantee you, magblade will come out on top.

Without crutching on arena weapons, mythics, etc. templar itself is a bad class IMO and has little to no real pressure outside jabs, which is not unlike magblade's current problem.

It's late for me, so I'm not going to have a lengthy response. I've got a lot I could say.

JABS: 3300 damage is AOE, subject to 20% Major Evasion and up to 14% after dodging in medium armor. The additional ~1350 damage of Jabs comes from Burning Light, which is single target direct damage, not negated by Evasion. ~4650 damage, after Major Evasion would tone it down to about 3600 damage from one jab cast... Still effectively 75-80% higher damage than Nightblade, and many other classes' spammable. Concealed Blade does a tad more damage than Swallow Soul- not meaning for it to be done in a vacuum- most people should know the stats by now. But if you still aren't able to see the HUGE damage disparity after going and researching yourself, then you'll keep on drinking the Nightblade edgelord kool-aid I did for seven years, finally waking up and realizing I was no longer enjoying playing ESO because I had to keep making justifications of why Nightblade had to be garbaged and neutered.

I just completely clean slated myself from my Nightblade main two weeks ago to a fresh Templar character to be my main to go through all the content like a noob again. Actually feels rewarding to play again. Just hit CP two days ago. Easiest duels and battlegrounds I've ever had for such little investment of effort.... While I had extremely limited skill points available (no cleansing ritual to counter magDKs while fighting), so I was really only geared up for PVE in Deadly Strikes and Tsvogins. 24-4-4 the moment I unlocked Radiant Glory in my next Battleground.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would rather see Nightblade's toolkit moved to be in line with Templar and DK, and then get nerfed, rather than sit in 'the good place it is currently' - which I completely disagree that Mag Nightblade is.

The class lacks the versatility to be taken seriously as anything but dps.

I'm not asking to have our cake and eat it too. I'm asking for the mag play of the class to get a revision of it's abilities, and scaled accordingly.

F Cloak as a gimmick. Which can't be used in dungeons or trials, and is the source of bad will from it's sole use in pvp.

And imagine your class delayed burst ability getting nerfed to the point where it's more effective just to keep jabbing unless it's a drawn out fight where you need a tiny bit of extra burst lineup. Lolz that's Templar Power of the Light when it got nerfed to 50% of copied damage. Also.... PotL only getting purged by.... Another Templar or anyone with enough sustain to slot Efficient Purge or 1-3 other sets that have built in purges on major cooldowns. Not really an effective counter saying PotL can be purged when on the same argument, Grim Focus can just be dodge rolled or blocked which is much more accessible than a Purge lolz

EDIT: oh... Necro Purge and Warden free purge. Forgot about those... Feels real good for Dragonknights, Nightblades, and Sorcerers not having purges.
    Edited by Joosef_Kivikilpi on May 18, 2022 3:22AM
  • Selot
    Selot
    ✭✭✭

On Power of the Light:
    1. It can be cleansed

Excuse me? Do you really play PvP? Each and every templar use power of the light. This ability is one the most broken skills in the game. It can easily deal 10-12k damage in non cp. And it doesn't require putting much efforts to use it because this ability is unblockable and undodgeable. PoTL + crescent sweep + 4x jabs is a powerful templar combo that can't be countered. Also keep in mind that this skill is delayed.
    And no, being able to cleanse the skill is not an excuse for it to be that strong. DKs, sorcerers and nightblades don't have a purging skill.

If you compare a templar to a magblade, you'll see a huge difference. Magblade isn't that tanky, it can't deal as much damage as templar does and ALL magblade's offensive skills are dodgeable and blockable. The only magblade's skill that hits as hard as PoTL is merciless resolve. But it is:
    1) blockable
    2) dodgeable
    3) slow
    4) well telegraphed
    5) loud
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selot wrote: »

Excuse me? Do you really play PvP? Each and every templar use power of the light. This ability is one the most broken skills in the game. It can easily deal 10-12k damage in non cp. And it doesn't require putting much efforts to use it because this ability is unblockable and undodgeable. PoTL + crescent sweep + 4x jabs is a powerful templar combo that can't be countered. Also keep in mind that this skill is delayed.
    And no, being able to cleanse the skill is not an excuse for it to be that strong. DKs, sorcerers and nightblades don't have a purging skill.

Bolded all false.

Also, purge isn't even that important and in PvP I don't even slot a burst heal on any class anymore, and templars aren't a real issue. But I guess we "play" differently.

Also, NB doesn't have purge because of cloak, not that purge is anywhere near as good a tool IMO since you could slot a number of sets to either purge or just outheal the damage outputted by a templar, but you can't find the attack and defense power of cloak + NB passives anywhere else despite what anyone will claim in response or ever on the forums.
  • KoIIegoIas
    KoIIegoIas
    ✭✭✭
    Selot wrote: »

Bolded all false.

Also, purge isn't even that important and in PvP I don't even slot a burst heal on any class anymore, and templars aren't a real issue. But I guess we "play" differently.

Also, NB doesn't have purge because of cloak, not that purge is anywhere near as good a tool IMO since you could slot a number of sets to either purge or just outheal the damage outputted by a templar, but you can't find the attack and defense power of cloak + NB passives anywhere else despite what anyone will claim in response or ever on the forums.

1. Slotting sets only for purge is a set wasted set. There is no reason to not use templar purge also, because its just a damn good skill.
    2. What set you mean, outheals templar damage?

Nightblade passives and especially Cloak doesnt change anything. Especially not if you arent able to get a decent distance between you and the enemy. If you are no complete pepega zergling, cloak easly gets countered by almost any thing. For example Magelight,Camo Hunter, japs, Caltrops, Flare, spiked armore etc. and detect pots( wich arent nessecary, with the toolkit everyone got to expose cloakers) and the other dozens of aoe.

There is no skill in the game, wich can get countered by so many things like cloak. By far
    Edited by KoIIegoIas on May 18, 2022 10:51AM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblades have all kinds of variety...they can tether bomb or Convergence bomb, or tether Convergence bomb. The possibilities are incredible
  • KoIIegoIas
    KoIIegoIas
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Magblades have all kinds of variety...they can tether bomb or Convergence bomb, or tether Convergence bomb. The possibilities are incredible

That is only one variety. You just count about a different order of skill usage. Tell some more of those incredible possibilites.

Please don't reduce magblade down to that noobset dark convergence and Bombblade playstyle wich you dont need more than 1% brainusage for. When magblade is only a class for you to bomb, than this is the wrong thread for you.
    Edited by KoIIegoIas on May 18, 2022 1:11PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KoIIegoIas wrote: »

That is only one variety. You just count about a different order of skill usage.

Please don't reduce magblade down to that noobset dark convergence and Bombblade playstyle wich you dont need more than 1% brainusage for. When magblade is only a class for you to bomb, than this is the wrong thread for you.

Are people unable to detect sarcasm today?
  • KoIIegoIas
    KoIIegoIas
    ✭✭✭

That is only one variety. You just count about a different order of skill usage.

Are people unable to detect sarcasm today?

Ok you got me
    Edited by KoIIegoIas on May 18, 2022 1:18PM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here is my take on how Nightblades could be improved

Death Stroke and it's morphs should have it's cost increased to 100 and ignore 10% of your opponents armor but for every 100 ultimate spent the ability will ignore an additional 10% of your opponents defenses, at 500 ultimate the ability will ignore 50% of your enemies armor.

Cripple and it's morphs should be instant and not a projectile, like Fossilize the stun should not be blocked or dodged.

Shadow Cloak should apply a DOT heal over time when cast and instead reduce detection radius by 10 meters for 3 seconds as opposed to granting invisibility, this change would make the ability less overpowered when in active combat as you would only beable to benefit from the initial effect while already hidden while applying a heal to to it would add a new use for the ability in content that it would be otherwise useless in such as Dungeons or Trials meanwhile Dark Cloak should grant Major Protection instead of Minor Protection.

Assassin's Blade and it's morphs should have the execute threshold increased to 33% from 25%

Grim Focus and it's morphs should require only 4 light attacks to trigger, in addition each stack would increase weapon and spell damage by 75 points up from 60.

Hemorrhage should grant Spell Critical in addition to Weapon Critical
  • KoIIegoIas
    KoIIegoIas
    ✭✭✭

Death Stroke and it's morphs should have it's cost increased to 100 and ignore 10% of your opponents armor but for every 100 ultimate spent the ability will ignore an additional 10% of your opponents defenses, at 500 ultimate the ability will ignore 50% of your enemies armor.

Cripple and it's morphs should be instant and not a projectile, like Fossilize the stun should not be blocked or dodged.

Shadow Cloak should apply a DOT heal over time when cast and instead reduce detection radius by 10 meters for 3 seconds as opposed to granting invisibility, this change would make the ability less overpowered when in active combat as you would only beable to benefit from the initial effect while already hidden while applying a heal to to it would add a new use for the ability in content that it would be otherwise useless in such as Dungeons or Trials meanwhile Dark Cloak should grant Major Protection instead of Minor Protection.

Assassin's Blade and it's morphs should have the execute threshold increased to 33% from 25%

Grim Focus and it's morphs should require only 4 light attacks to trigger, in addition each stack would increase weapon and spell damage by 75 points up from 60.

Deathstroke: its fine how it is and not even close to overperforming. I wouldnt use it anymore with that change.

Cripple: that would be to much of a buff, because it is already strong. Debilitate morph for example is the strongest dot in the game.

Shadow Cloak: the claim that its overpowered is a joke, since there arent any skills in the game that can be countered by so many skills, npc's than cloak gets countered. About major protection for dark cloak. Would be to strong strong i guess.

Assassin's Blade: is good how it is and matches well with other executes

Grim focus: the required light attacks and the weapon damage/ spellpower stacks are fine atm and not the problem. The problem is the travel time of the projectile. Its so slow that it is easly dodgeable by anyone, if fired from range.

Hemorrage: that would be an super awesome fix.

What i dont like about most of those suggestions like that, is that its a complete redesign of some skills and that is what the majority of players dont want.
    Edited by KoIIegoIas on May 18, 2022 3:13PM
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I love all those suggestions but I don't think they'd do the hemorrhage one because spell/weapon crit and minor brutality/sorcery are the signature base game class buffs for sorc/nb and dk/templar respectively which ZOS said recently they want to perserve. So maybe something else on a different nb passive.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • KoIIegoIas
    KoIIegoIas
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober

As someone who has mostly only reacted critically and negatively to your changes to the game, I would like to express my greatest respect to you. mainly based on your decisions, after noticing some questionable feedback from some people rofl. And i hope that you stay true to your ideas and wishes for this game. except for overland content xD.
    I'm amazed at how well you designed the mechanics and abilities in the game so far and i look forward to the future of Elder Scrolls Online. keep it up. Best regards
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NB Invis has the most counters against it that any other skill in the game.

I don't think there's any way they could nerf it that wouldn't just delete it. Maybe focus on the defensive aspect of Cloak. Remove the "Guaranteed Crit" aspect and lean into the the disappearing without a trace, maybe give Minor Expedition. or give Minor Evasion to help them survive a bit better.

Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • aurelius_fx
    aurelius_fx
    ✭✭✭
    as someone who never had any interest in playing templar, it's appalling to go check their skills and realize that i could be doing 2x more damage for way less effort :#

it's no coincidence people always report magically doing better in battlegrounds after switching to templar (or dk even)
    "just use evasion" you still take 80% damage, imagine doing 0% damage instead because someone decided to press roll once and then your entire loud telegraphed slow single target burst that barely deals more damage than templars is gone -_-
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    as someone who never had any interest in playing templar, it's appalling to go check their skills and realize that i could be doing 2x more damage for way less effort :#

it's no coincidence people always report magically doing better in battlegrounds after switching to templar (or dk even)
    "just use evasion" you still take 80% damage, imagine doing 0% damage instead because someone decided to press roll once and then your entire loud telegraphed slow single target burst that barely deals more damage than templars is gone -_-

Yep. The more Nightblades who wake up and see this extreme disparity allow for a louder voice to developers to fix it, hopefully not with a haber, but a chisel. That's my hope at least. Every class should and weapon skill should have something on par to that damage output on demand. But most likely it remains untouched or Templar Jabs get nerfed into the ground where it remains irrevelant to use.... Much like most of the Nightblade skills lolz
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    I definitely don't want to see Templar nerfed. I love Templar too.

It just makes me SO ANGRY AND BITTER when I play NB then Templar straight after each and I can see how much of an easier experience my life is, all I want is an equally enjoyable experience.

• KoIIegoIas
    KoIIegoIas
    ✭✭✭
    Templar will be fine next patch with still viable dark flare. It needed a nerf. The Nerf of DK is decent aswell. Atleast for PvP. It is zenimax plan, to buff more things in future, but i guess this two classes had to be ajusted.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest downside of NB currently is ironically the lack of killing potential. All skils that have any potential in PvP are dodgeable/blockable. NB has no delayed burst skill. NB's biggest burst skill requires 2 GCD + 5 LA, has the loudest sound cue in the game, is extremely slow and the buff it offers doesn't even work on it. I'll also add useless stamin execute (magic one is at least useful in PvE).

What NB needs most is a reliable burst and I'm not talking about ganking here, I'm talking about a solid source of damage that can be used in combat to sustain pressure.

Mass Hysteria, Cripple and morphs - these skils need a really SLIGHT buff. Even lowering the cost would be nice already.

Mark target - revert PTS duration change back to 30s or even make it 10-15s I don't care, remove heals from this skill, it's a killing tool not healing skill. Marked target for 3s cannot roll dodge your next direct damage attack. Reaper's Mark instead of more heal and Major Berserk after killing target, gives Minor Breach for the whole duration of the skill - this solves burst reliability problem at the cost of reduced attack speed - it requires additional GCD without dealing damage and allows you to react by block or shield for example by warning you that you are marked now.

Teleport strike and morphs - Cast time needs to go.

Consuming Darkness - this skill needs a total rework. Surprise me.

Assassin's Blade and morphs - in order for this skill to be useful in PvP it needs a feature that would make it more effective in finishing off opponents than generic execute skills and still be unique. E.g. <25% HP skill works as before but in the range of 25-50% skill applies 10s DoT whose damage scales with decreasing HP of the target. Skill has less burst potential than Executioner but has benefit of additional pressure. Killer's Blade due to it's melee range should receive a buff to 400% of damage in execute range.
    Edited by Mayrael on May 19, 2022 8:07AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO non-bomb Magblade is in a close race to the bottom with Magden in PvP. Personally, I've never li
    Templar will be fine next patch with still viable dark flare. It needed a nerf. The Nerf of DK is decent aswell. Atleast for PvP. It is zenimax plan, to buff more things in future, but i guess this two classes had to be ajusted.

Just to clarify, when you write dark flare you're talking about Living Dark, right? It definitely needed a nerf, but I'm not a fan of capping it...it's another bandaid fix for a problem zos created.