The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Sorcerer spammable

• Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chain Lighting would be a Dope Execute.

t71giun81tbm.gif

Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Especially for Stamina, sorc really has no spammable outside Crystal Weapon. and I hate crystal weapon. Next patch, i'm 100% switching it out for frags since it's so much fun to use on a stam sorc, even if CW is so broken with the update. It's the same reason I don't use cutting dive on warden, it feels so *** to use despite being so strong.

Honestly, a good Mage's Fury morph for stam would be nice. Don't know how they'd do it, but it's the only skill that could be used for this without ruining other skills for builds.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jhcbb9yx5p33.gif

Maybe some kind of Wind Blade. I do wish there were some more options in Storm Calling for Stam, Hurricane is pretty awesome, maybe have one of Lightning Splash's Morphs be a Tornado or something.

• Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Wellsley wrote: »
    If Mage's Fury becomes spammable, what do you think of my suggestion ?

bolt-caster-exotic-sword-review.png?resize=577%2C278
    SleepyIdleIrishwolfhound-max-1mb.gif
    jRkRVN.gif

Lightning disc projectile could move from target to target (up to three players) and why not make a dot as a side effect.

Not really necessary. Current visuals and function works fine. The only adjustment needed would be to switch the damage and remove the execute scaling. Maybe adjust cost. No need to waste effort in unnecessary visuals or entirely change the mechanics of the skill.

Also, to your lightning splash comments. That skill is functionally fine as is. Sorcs need a ground based aoe skill. But, it definitely needs adjustment as it is not as effective as orbs. Mostly due to the stationary nature of the skill. What they could do is give it the same treatment as boneyard and allow sorcs to proc their own synergy off the skill. Would make up for it being locked into one spot on cast.

Although I prefer Lightning Splash to become Lightning Disc, Mage's Fury can be too. That way, Lightning Splash can remain an aoe like Eruption. It's ok for me but if Mage's Fury's damage is adjusted to make it a spammable, might as well change the name and animation to make it lightning disc. It wouldn't take long and it would make a lot of players happy. It's only an animation but it's worth it.

I am not sure why you are so hung up on this lightning disc idea. Beyond the fact that ZOS has said before that they are kind of limited on adding new animations to the game, what is the point of changing an already functional animation to make some sort of disc. Mage's Wrath already has everything a spammable needs, outside of a damage adjustment, and a lightning bolt dropping onto your enemy is far more logical, for lack of a better word, than some disc. What does a disc have to do with lightning. Chain lighting of some sort would be better than a disc.

Why would they be limited ? I don't think the animation of Mage's Fury is functional, but everyone has their own opinion. I would like a lightning disc, others would prefer something else. I created this post so that everyone can submit their ideas.
  • Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
    Why a lightning disc ? Because for a projectile I prefer something bigger than just throwing a bolt of lightning. There is already Overload palpatine for that. It can be any shape or object, as long as it is lightning.

With a lightning disc we stay in the theme : it's still lightning and it can at the same time be a rune or a glyph so we also stay in the sorcerer's theme.

Shock_Spell.png
    5e2ce5a160ece635fe9f4c7301dabc86.png
    maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Wellsley on May 23, 2022 11:40PM
  • Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
    Why a lightning disc ? Because for a projectile I prefer something bigger than just throwing a bolt of lightning. There is already Overload palpatine for that. It can be any shape or object, as long as it is lightning.

With a lightning disc we stay in the theme : it's still lightning and it can at the same time be a rune or a glyph so we also stay in the sorcerer's theme.

Shock_Spell.png
    5e2ce5a160ece635fe9f4c7301dabc86.png
    maxresdefault.jpg

2d3omb1lqg351.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=714bab94d0d8feaa723b8c647fe57a378fc16312
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuBB8amh4yqAoP7t1sa5CntDTJ8_Sfr6wANA&usqp=CAU
    lightning-sphere-effect.gif?w=396
    aac958db1d32b18fd7dad1a29e4ba5c4.gif

If you prefer, we can use the word rune instead of disc.

Edited by Wellsley on May 23, 2022 11:56PM
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭

Why would they be limited ? I don't think the animation of Mage's Fury is functional, but everyone has their own opinion. I would like a lightning disc, others would prefer something else. I created this post so that everyone can submit their ideas.

Matt Firor or someone else said that they couldnt add new abilities due to the limitations of the old gen consoles. I think that means also new animations.

Cant find the quote, but i heard it in a video of "Nefas" or maybe "Hack the Minotaur" cant remeber wich video it was :D
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It feels so awkward that after all this time I find myself using Crystal Frag, cast time and all, as my sorc "spammable."

It's be an easy fix to remove its cast time instead of needing the proc to make it instant. Keeping the proc as just + damage and making instant cast the base, even if they need to tweak down the damage to compensate (although it's not so bloody powerful to even need that) and call it a day. Easy and quick fix.
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    Hescrow wrote: »
    I created a post months ago for rework crystal weapon as it is difficult to use in PvP for melee weapons. Bow and staff is ok, but I am a warrior not a ranger or caster except with overload of course badass skill!

Lightning weapon ranged skill would be great and I agree with your animations. Maybe not a disc but a large bow horizontal really fast until 28m.

For me, with a disc of lightning (like in the gif) we stay in the theme of the Sorcerer. A bow reminds me more of a Nightblade.

Bad translation, wanted electric arc and not bow. Like a horizontal beam with same animation your gif for AOE. Otherwise lightning disc for single target like yours.
    Edited by Hescrow on May 24, 2022 9:47AM
  • Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
    Why a lightning disc ? Because for a projectile I prefer something bigger than just throwing a bolt of lightning. There is already Overload palpatine for that. It can be any shape or object, as long as it is lightning. Exemple :
    Glantir wrote: »

Matt Firor or someone else said that they couldnt add new abilities due to the limitations of the old gen consoles. I think that means also new animations.

Cant find the quote, but i heard it in a video of "Nefas" or maybe "Hack the Minotaur" cant remeber wich video it was :D

I don't see what limit he is talking about but for me they can do it.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necro has a spammable that moves from target to target, and it is slow and meh. I don't want the same thing for sorc.

Lightning splash needs to have its damage increased (or additional conditions added) to bring it in line with other classes' ground effect AOEs.

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    It feels so awkward that after all this time I find myself using Crystal Frag, cast time and all, as my sorc "spammable."

It's be an easy fix to remove its cast time instead of needing the proc to make it instant. Keeping the proc as just + damage and making instant cast the base, even if they need to tweak down the damage to compensate (although it's not so bloody powerful to even need that) and call it a day. Easy and quick fix.

The biggest issue with Crystal Frag as a spammable is that it is interruptible. If they just removed the ability to interrupt it, it would be ok even with the cast time. But that interrupt on it just is a no go in PVP and often leads to being stunned in PVE too.

• emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another way to improve Lightning splash, it could also function like engulfing flames on DK, where Lightning Splash increases shock damage taken by the target by X%. So a shock debuff + AOE DOT
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The biggest issue with Crystal Frag as a spammable is that it is interruptible. If they just removed the ability to interrupt it, it would be ok even with the cast time. But that interrupt on it just is a no go in PVP and often leads to being stunned in PVE too.

Admittedly, I haven't PvPd in ESO for years (I used to a lot back in the glory days) so I'm trying to wrap my head around how something instant can be interruptible in a game where the action's effect is front-end, key-release loaded and not animation completion dependent since those animations can be cancelled.
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭

Admittedly, I haven't PvPd in ESO for years (I used to a lot back in the glory days) so I'm trying to wrap my head around how something instant can be interruptible in a game where the action's effect is front-end, key-release loaded and not animation completion dependent since those animations can be cancelled.

The proc for frags is instant but the ability itself has a cast time. That cast time is roughly the speed of an instant cast ability but because it has cast time it's interruptible and sometimes awkward to use/ weave.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IonicKai wrote: »

The proc for frags is instant but the ability itself has a cast time. That cast time is roughly the speed of an instant cast ability but because it has cast time it's interruptible and sometimes awkward to use/ weave.

Yeah I get that part - that it's interruptible because it has a cast time. I was trying to wrap my head around about how it could still be interruptible if they did what I suggested and just got rid of the cast time for it at all times and have the proc be just about +damage.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I get that part - that it's interruptible because it has a cast time. I was trying to wrap my head around about how it could still be interruptible if they did what I suggested and just got rid of the cast time for it at all times and have the proc be just about +damage.

My point was that the cast time itself was probably fine, given that it also has the instant proc mechanic that does more damage, and that the only thing really holding the current iteration of the skill back was the interrupt.

Of course, remove the cast time and you no longer have to worry about the interrupt, but I think doing that would mean they would have to nerf the proc damage, or nerf the skill damage, and that would not be a really good trade off imo.
  • Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Necro has a spammable that moves from target to target, and it is slow and meh. I don't want the same thing for sorc.

Lightning splash needs to have its damage increased (or additional conditions added) to bring it in line with other classes' ground effect AOEs.

I don't want that either. Nobody wants.
    It was just an idea for the side effect, it could be that or something else. If so, the projectile must be fast.
    Edited by Wellsley on May 24, 2022 7:55PM
  • Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
    I created a post months ago for rework crystal weapon as it is difficult to use in PvP for melee weapons. Bow and staff is ok, but I am a warrior not a ranger or caster except with overload of course badass skill!

Lightning weapon ranged skill would be great and I agree with your animations. Maybe not a disc but a large bow horizontal really fast until 28m.

For me, with a disc of lightning (like in the gif) we stay in the theme of the Sorcerer. A bow reminds me more of a Nightblade.

Bad translation, wanted electric arc and not bow. Like a horizontal beam with same animation your gif for AOE. Otherwise lightning disc for single target like yours.

I'm not against.
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    Here is the Lightning Slash animation for a real lightning spammable:

skill-transient-moonlight-elden-ring-wiki-480px.gif
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I find it funny how Stormcaller was always made out to be Sorc's damage line, even though nothing in there deals damage. All Sorcs use Daedric Summoning and some Dark Magic for damage. Stormcalling is only utility and overcooked noodle damage.

A lightning disc is fine I guess, I would just like Mage's Fury to become a spammable; I want to rain lightning on my foes. :) At least the never used Mage's Wrath could be changed as such. It seems though Zenimax is hell bent on making Crystal Shard in its various forms our spammable.

I never accepted Fragments as a spammable and I never will. Crystal weapons as it is now, still leaves room for another spammable, so it doesn't fullfill the role of a full spammable in my eyes. (Because you can easily combine it with a 2nd spammable now) So having another in class one wouldn't be out of place.

Hurricane does a lot of dmg and so does lightning splash if it's synergy is activated
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt mind if sorce got a veiled strike 2.0 but with a conjured sword
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

all these "just under 1 second cast time" abilities are even worse in a high latency situation like Australia. when you have 250ms latency it drags out that cast time to more than 1 second.
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems though Zenimax is hell bent on making Crystal Shard in its various forms our spammable.
    I really hate ZoS approach on this. Cast timed spammables are terrible. Can't be block casted, interruptible, locks your character in animation, causes animation issues in high ping environments. My characters spazz out and glitches after a while using 800ms cast timed abilities at 300ms ping (no wonder since global cooldown is 1000ms). ZoS won't make more than 2 servers to cover the world and they are still persistent on keeping crap like this in the game.

Whoever at ZoS that think cast timed spammables are good in ESO, never played the game at high ping.

There are a couple of morphs I think could be reworked for a proper magicka spammable.
    • Crystal Fragments morph - Just remove the cast time and adjust the damage accordingly. Would be nice if the normal cast had lightning projectile visuals while the proc had a more crystalized appearance. This is the best solution imo.
    • Mages Fury morph - Pointless morph imo. All it does is slightly more AoE damage in a 4 meter radius. The other morph is much more useful in both PvP and solo PvE. So Mages Fury morph could be reworked to be a proper spammable. However this would mean you have to choose between a spammable and an execute.
    • Liquid lightning morph - What the hell is this? Why would someone choose this over the other morph? This one does less damage in a TINY radius, it just lasts 4 seconds longer. This morph could easily be reworked as a proper spammable and I don't think anyone would miss it. Lightning Flood morph is good, not the best but I often use it in AoE setups and I like it's functionality and especially lighting theme.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the Lightning Slash animation for a real lightning spammable:

skill-transient-moonlight-elden-ring-wiki-480px.gif

Not bad
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »

t71giun81tbm.gif

Looks like Overload heavy attack.

TBH at this point I wouldn't even be sad to get a channel spammable like Templar jabs. Would actually work great with lightning.
    Edited by Faulgor on May 26, 2022 4:02AM
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Mr_Stach wrote: »

t71giun81tbm.gif

Looks like Overload heavy attack.

TBH at this point I wouldn't even be sad to get a channel spammable like Templar jabs. Would actually work great with lightning.

A very fast lightning disk/rune x4 ?
    Edited by Wellsley on May 26, 2022 11:26AM
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lightning disc is fine I guess, I would just like Mage's Fury to become a spammable; I want to rain lightning on my foes. :) At least the never used Mage's Wrath could be changed as such.

Mage's Wrath frequently makes it onto the bar in PVE content if you're running Frag Spam. It's great for execute phase. Also, the skill is very well used and loved (... by us, not so much by enemies) in PVP. Sorcs are the only(?) class with a ranged execute and in big PVP fights it practically is used as a spammable. It's one of the few things that can actually end someone trying to fall back to heal.

That said, I do not like Crystal Frags in their current implementation. Either the cast time has to go, the speed of the projectile needs to be dramatically increased so it doesn't miss nearly as much, or it needs a damage buff to make it worthwhile. Crystal Weapon is just SO MUCH better than Frags now that Frags need significant help to keep up.

Edit: I stand corrected. The Templar and Nightblade Ranged Executes seem to be quite a bit better. *Especially* the Templar one.

Depends which context.

The NB ranged execute is garbage in PVP. If you use the ability and your target's HP is at 25% (e.g. target gets healed for 1 HoT tick), it hits like a noodle.

The beauty of Mages' Fury is that it has an activation window and can be delayed AOE burst centered on the target.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Wellsley
    Wellsley
    ✭✭✭
    Shock_Spell.png

From Skyrim. I would see it as a disc/rune rather than a sphere
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would rather Lightning....... be Lightning.

Orbs. Disks. Runes

Kinda boring to me.