The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Current tier list?

• WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all depends on the situation but like most people I would put DK and Templar on top.

Lag is also a huge factor. I play a Stamblade this patch, which I find much stronger than the Magsorc I played before, but as soon as there is even a slight delay in my skills, I can not do anything anymore, sometimes quite literally. Like I know l lag has been a factor since forever, but I've never had it so bad where I'd do a combo on a player, it plays all the animations, but absolutely nothing connects even if they are just standing still. So in any case I'd recommend going with something ranged if you plan to play during prime time.
    PC/EU altaholic | The Sorc heal in your logs | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • paallterrain148
    These lists are fun, but honestly all you need to do is go to cryodiil and count. What classes do you see the most, and what classes don’t you see. That’s meta and really all that matters. Class A can have the best kit all around and super strong, but if they don’t fit the meta they can be useless.

What I see most? The classes that fit spin to win, necro bombs, one shot night blades and dragon knights.

Stamina Necro and Stamina Templar are the ones I see the least. The ones I see the most are Stamina Nightblades and Magic Dk. Everything else falls in between.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some really interesting observations in this thread. Kind of intrigued why people think stamden healing is weak. I feel pretty darn survivable on him. I prefer the burst healing to the stamcro's passive healing if I'm honest, and vigor + artic / shrooms knocks spots off the healing my sorcs and nightblades have available to them. But then they on their mobility or stealth really. Compared to a brawler like the DKs, it's more of a wash ofc. That said Cauterize + coag blood isn't bad, but I don't like the fact that cauterize only heals every five seconds - I'd much prefer it was a smaller heal every second / 2 seconds - and really don't like the fact that when it does pop, it sods off and heals some rando who's probably riding by and stubbed their toe on a rock. I'm wondering if people are running resto staves rather than snb's on their dk's now - though, while radiating is strong, it has the same problem when other people around.

Offensively, though, the DK is definitely a bit better than he was, esp the sustain. Been playing a bit more on him and definitely a contender now. OP, tho? Not really seeing it. It feels like he lacks a bit of bust and particularly an execute. Obviously Dks are a pressure class and as divni I think said it's maybe more of a pressure meta now. But dots are pretty weak in this game, they do what, 125% of a spammable.... over 10 seconds? And while fossilize and leap seem more reliable, half the time one or other just won't go off. Just comparing him to the stamden say, something like shalks -> stampede -> dswing -> dawnbreaker -> execute feels a stronger combo than breath -> embers -> whip -> fossilize -> leap.... Maybe I'm doing it wrong though :) I'll keep on playing around.

Still haven't tried the temp out. Really should. Was about to but just thought, god, ravenwatch and logged onto the stamblade instead for a bit of sneaky sneaky pokey pokey. Claok is great, ambush less so. That's one janky skill :( One thing I have noticed is that it's been noticeably busier during the afternoon than when I left, and there seemed to be fewer people just jiggling around behind rocks, playin ghide and seek, playing catch me if you can etc Is that just end of campaign approaching, or have people come back from new world? Sadly, I think they brought some lag with them tho ....

• WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    Still haven't tried the temp out. Really should. Was about to but just thought, god, ravenwatch and logged onto the stamblade instead for a bit of sneaky sneaky pokey pokey. Claok is great, ambush less so. That's one janky skill :( One thing I have noticed is that it's been noticeably busier during the afternoon than when I left, and there seemed to be fewer people just jiggling around behind rocks, playin ghide and seek, playing catch me if you can etc Is that just end of campaign approaching, or have people come back from new world? Sadly, I think they brought some lag with them tho ....

I dropped Ambush on my Stamblade and instead built in some speed to function as a gap closer of sorts. Not always ideal, but Ambush is almost as wonky as Streak when it lags anyway, and it made room for Executioner on my frontbar, which is a skill that's both strong and connects easily even when there's lag.
    PC/EU altaholic | The Sorc heal in your logs | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dropped Ambush on my Stamblade and instead built in some speed to function as a gap closer of sorts. Not always ideal, but Ambush is almost as wonky as Streak when it lags anyway, and it made room for Executioner on my frontbar, which is a skill that's both strong and connects easily even when there's lag.

I think you're right, I should just drop it. It wasn't just not going off, it was going off with a really bad delay and actually dropped me in it a few times. I only started using it way back because it would proc hrothgar nicely. Until I found out that other people's stun's would proc it for you :) That said, at least for casual skirmishing, I do like having a gap closer in cyro. I might try stampede - it seems a little bit better and does decent decent damage.

How are you building speed tho? My guy's already got a swift wild hunt on him + celerity, mainly so I can get round in stealth quickly - so Im guessing (in combat) he's running at 130 (15+6+10?) and sprinting at 190 (15+6+10 plus 40 from sprint and 20 or so from the medium armor bonus to sprint?). But he still feels slow compared to some of the speedsters around. I shd prob look for some major exped. Im assuming you're 2h so it's not quick cloak - rapids? path of darkness.

Edited by Larcomar on January 10, 2022 11:23AM
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you're right, I should just drop it. It wasn't just not going off, it was going off with a really bad delay and actually dropped me in it a few times. I only started using it way back because it would proc hrothgar nicely. Until I found out that other people's stun's would proc it for you :) That said, at least for casual skirmishing, I do like having a gap closer in cyro. I might try stampede - it seems a little bit better and does decent decent damage.

How are you building speed tho? My guy's already got a swift wild hunt on him + celerity, mainly so I can get round in stealth quickly - so Im guessing (in combat) he's running at 130 (15+6+10?) and sprinting at 190 (15+6+10+ 20 plus 40 from sprint and 20 or so from the medium armor bonus to sprint?). But he still feels slow compared to some of the speedsters around. I shd prob look for some major exped. Im assuming you're 2h so it's not quick cloak - rapids? path of darkness.

Nothing fancy, just the same as you with swift Wild Hunt + any CP skill that buffs speed. I noticed that some of my friends whose Stamblades are Bosmer have less trouble catching up with people, but I'm committed to my Dunmer.

Don't get me wrong though, not having Ambush is still annoying sometimes, especially when someone refuses to dismount or sprints/streaks away faster than I can run, but I just find the returns of the skill not worth it when its functionality is basically RNG at this point, whereas Executioner seems to be my only skill that will reliably go off no matter how much the server lags.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers. Yeah - dunmer ftw. Ive got like 5 of them. Mainly because I tend to switch characters around. Ill have a look at pots maybe; my guy is pretty fast when he's not in combat or stuck in combat, in combat though he could use a bit more oopmh. Id just love to be able to run at 200 and be able to block and attack like some of these guys seem to.... Id guess rapids is the best - 8? seconds of major and minor. But god, its expensive.

You might want to try stampede. I use it on other toons and, while it doesn't always go off, it doesn't take 5 seconds to make up it's bloody mind. And then drop you in the middle of a zerg. Plus it's actually not bad damage.
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magplar super OP guys everyone swap to magplar and watch me laugh as you struggle outside of stormhaven in dueling builds with 3 damage sets
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'm not feeling a "best" or "worst" as of late. As balance has actually been in a better state in the past 6-9 months than its ever been in my tenure of playing, I'm finally settling on play style preferences and doing different builds as opposed to chasing metas. Although there are definitely a couplefew outlier sets or skills yet. TBH, not really even pertaining to class since the classes are starting to feel homogenized.

But that is just me.
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers. Yeah - dunmer ftw. Ive got like 5 of them. Mainly because I tend to switch characters around. Ill have a look at pots maybe; my guy is pretty fast when he's not in combat or stuck in combat, in combat though he could use a bit more oopmh. Id just love to be able to run at 200 and be able to block and attack like some of these guys seem to.... Id guess rapids is the best - 8? seconds of major and minor. But god, its expensive.

You might want to try stampede. I use it on other toons and, while it doesn't always go off, it doesn't take 5 seconds to make up it's bloody mind. And then drop you in the middle of a zerg. Plus it's actually not bad damage.

Rapids seems too expensive for me, yeah. I know a friend of mine uses Race Against Time on his Stamblade, which provides only a 4-second buff but is relatively cheap and has some other effects that are very useful in PVP. Of course, managing your magicka pool on Stamblade might be a tricky if you also plan to use Cloak and Shade. I'll give Stampede a try the next time Ambush teleports me all over the place.

Personally I sometimes use Essence of Speed (Major Expedition for 15 seconds, with Restore Stamina and either Restore Magicka or Unstoppable as additional effects). Seeing as I have Clever Alchemist backbarred, doing this in combat can give me Wild Hunt-like speed while also proccing my CA. I'm a bit addicted to mobility though, so I can also understand if others prefer to use tri-stat pots.
    Edited by WaywardArgonian on January 10, 2022 8:16PM
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some really interesting observations in this thread. Kind of intrigued why people think stamden healing is weak. I feel pretty darn survivable on him. I prefer the burst healing to the stamcro's passive healing if I'm honest, and vigor + artic / shrooms knocks spots off the healing my sorcs and nightblades have available e....

People feel underhealed on Stamden because they miss the Frozen Winds and don`t want to consider the many other self healing options a StamWarden has.
    Edited by Thraben on January 11, 2022 11:18AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rapids seems too expensive for me, yeah. I know a friend of mine uses Race Against Time on his Stamblade, which provides only a 4-second buff but is relatively cheap and has some other effects that are very useful in PVP. Of course, managing your magicka pool on Stamblade might be a tricky if you also plan to use Cloak and Shade. I'll give Stampede a try the next time Ambush teleports me all over the place.

Personally I sometimes use Essence of Speed (Major Expedition for 15 seconds, with Restore Stamina and either Restore Magicka or Unstoppable as additional effects). Seeing as I have Clever Alchemist backbarred, doing this in combat can give me Wild Hunt-like speed while also proccing my CA. I'm a bit addicted to mobility though, so I can also understand if others prefer to use tri-stat pots.

Yeha rapids is way too pricey. I might experiment with path of darkness a bit - I run high mag regen for obv reasons; goin in on the offensive I cd prob afford to use some of that to attack. But I think while twisted path will scale with stam/wpm dmg, the healing one won't :( Speed potions with CA sounds like a pretty cracking combo though, esp with unstoppable on it too. That I think might well be the answer. Maybe even a potion glyph; I think it's 3.6 secs - line the two up beautifully.
  • GERMANO-THE-IMPERIAL
    What does S/A/C mean????
  • CharlieFreak
    CharlieFreak
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    divnyi wrote: »
    divnyi wrote: »
    It's fairly balanced now. If you want tier list, you should specify for which sort of PvP. Duel, BGs, Cyro noCP, Cyro CP, IC noCP, IC CP metas are all different.

Good pt, sorry - CP Cyro.

Anything that is lag-resistant lol. I seriously recommend bruisers, because playing everything else in lags is pain.

That would be magdk, magcro, bashcro, probably heavy armor magplar too. Heavy attack DK is still a thing.

Necro seems very lag sensitive to me. BB seems hit or miss in Grey Host. No issues at all for me in Blackreach.

My opinion:

S - MagDK

Nothing else comes close, except for some specialized niche builds like bombers. MagDK seems to be the class than I have ended up adjusting my build to counter (not successfully so far).

Plus everyone seems to be playing one these days.

Yes, that's the whole Tier list. MagDK. Everything else is inferior. Magplar can of course force a draw with MagDK quite easily, Sorcs can just run off due to boredom of trying to kill MagDK, etc.