The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Current tier list?

Larcomar
Larcomar
✭✭✭✭✭
Haven't seen one recently, though to be fair I decided to take a break from pvping a couple of months back. Googled it last night and only list I came up with was deltia (I thought he'd quit?). Which had warden and necro (stam as far as I could tell) bottom and templars top?! NBs, sorcs and dks in the middle. Did things get changed around that much last patch? I know temps got a bit of a boost to blinding light a while back and zos finally fixed dk sustain, but I was a bit surprised peopel were listing temps as topttier and stamdens as c tier.... There used to be a handy chart someone called bhont2 produced each patch but it looks like he got banned. What are people thinking now?
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fairly balanced now. If you want tier list, you should specify for which sort of PvP. Duel, BGs, Cyro noCP, Cyro CP, IC noCP, IC CP metas are all different.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    S+++++++++++++ Dk and templar
    A necro and warden
    C sorc and nb

This the the real, ultimate, legit, tiers for pvp. Anyone who disagrees is literally just wrong and they can be ignored/blocked.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    It's fairly balanced now. If you want tier list, you should specify for which sort of PvP. Duel, BGs, Cyro noCP, Cyro CP, IC noCP, IC CP metas are all different.

Good pt, sorry - CP Cyro.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »

Anything that is lag-resistant lol. I seriously recommend bruisers, because playing everything else in lags is pain.

That would be magdk, magcro, bashcro, probably heavy armor magplar too. Heavy attack DK is still a thing.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking ahead for mym. Think it's due soon. And hoping they'll remember to feed the hamster right before it.

Kind of amazed stamden and stamcro are now c tier and mag classes are now on top. How stuff changes! Might go in just to see whats what.

cheers

Larc

• Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    Degenerate 4v1-ing while balled up is S tier. Everything else is bad.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Anything that is lag-resistant lol. I seriously recommend bruisers, because playing everything else in lags is pain.

That would be magdk, magcro, bashcro, probably heavy armor magplar too. Heavy attack DK is still a thing.

Necro seems very lag sensitive to me. BB seems hit or miss in Grey Host. No issues at all for me in Blackreach.

My opinion:

S - MagDK

Nothing else comes close, except for some specialized niche builds like bombers. MagDK seems to be the class than I have ended up adjusting my build to counter (not successfully so far).

Plus everyone seems to be playing one these days.

Edited by katorga on January 6, 2022 3:59PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If any one would make a tier list & saw that post - it would be awesome to add WW & Vamp there. I know those are not a "real" stand alone classes, but it is kinda like a "mini" class skill line that every class can use. WW especially, but Vamp too some degree too.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen one recently, though to be fair I decided to take a break from pvping a couple of months back. Googled it last night and only list I came up with was deltia (I thought he'd quit?). Which had warden and necro (stam as far as I could tell) bottom and templars top?! NBs, sorcs and dks in the middle. Did things get changed around that much last patch? I know temps got a bit of a boost to blinding light a while back and zos finally fixed dk sustain, but I was a bit surprised peopel were listing temps as topttier and stamdens as c tier.... There used to be a handy chart someone called bhont2 produced each patch but it looks like he got banned. What are people thinking now?

I laugh at all of these list where one class or another is put on the bottom by player. Either because they don't like the class, don't play it often enough to know how to build it up or simply go by what other state.

Find a class and pick a resource pool that fits your play style and that class will be top tier.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I laugh at all of these list where one class or another is put on the bottom by player. Either because they don't like the class, don't play it often enough to know how to build it up or simply go by what other state.

Find a class and pick a resource pool that fits your play style and that class will be top tier.

I think a lot of "content creators" also put their own main/preferred class at or near the bottom in hopes that ZOS will respond with (undeserved) buffs.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of amazed stamden and stamcro are now c tier and mag classes are now on top. How stuff changes!

They are still very decent. I've made myself stamden as a last char I've experimented with, and look, it is still as bursty in AoE.

Tierlists probably account for duel capabilities more than anything else, and in duels mag classes now come out as winners due to stronger heals - almost all classes (but magden) have burst heal in class + HoTs in resto. And same setup creates cross-healing environment in group, so it's not that bad.

I play BGs mostly, where you have many teamfights, and stamden feels good. You don't cross-heal much (I use stamshrooms to boost self-heals and help allies tho), but your damage is considerably stronger than what mag chars can pull. I believe in CP it's gonna be bit weaker because CP is tankier overall.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A necro and warden
    C sorc and nb

This the the real, ultimate, legit, tiers for pvp. Anyone who disagrees is literally just wrong and they can be ignored/blocked.

good, bout time
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    As a generic all-scenario use I would go with one of
    MagDK, MagPlar, MagCro, StamSorc
    Imo in that order
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took my dk and a few of others in for a bit this afternoon. DK, definitely better on the sustain side, but not seeing the "OMG so OP" bit. At least in cyro. Wd prob still rate stamden over him tbh. Better survivability for sure and burst still feels good. Stamblade was doing pretty good too. I mean, cloak + shade, it's just a get out of jail free card; didn't die once. Stamsorc, kind of a mixed bag; super speedy, hard to kill... until he wasn't. Turns out that if streaks on your other bar and you cant bar swap well, you gonna die :( But the stam cro? Unkillable lol. Will dig temp out tomorrow maybe and have a go - she's vblue though so no cp unfortunately - but I think people are either getting a bit carried away of the back of a couple of fairly minor buffs, or they're - like someone else said - pushing an agenda.
    Edited by Larcomar on January 6, 2022 7:14PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a generic all-scenario use I would go with one of
    MagDK, MagPlar, MagCro, StamSorc
    Imo in that order

very close to my observation as well, but for solo open world i still think mag sorc is well up there
    Edited by Metemsycosis on January 6, 2022 9:00PM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagDK/Magplar S tier, everything else false under that and open to debate. No one can debate these two though lol. Both are ridiculous this patch. Necro is a one trick pony with the cheezy ezmode dark convegence/tombstone/harmony/ult build and you can see it coming a mile away. Only viable in lag or if you get caught low on stam imo.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magden is easily the worst atm. Playrates have dropped significantly, self healing and survival is abysmal and sustain is awful. They're often free kills unless being healed by other players.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they need to buff self-heal on magden. Stamshroom is good as far as I'm concerned, just because it's stam skill and you put it ontop of Vigor. Magshroom tho is just inefficient as healing method compared to any mag healing now - especially that NB also got selfheal.
  • Einstein_
    Einstein_
    ✭✭✭
    A necro and warden
    C sorc and nb

yes especially for more Open world PvP.

for duells its more like:

magDK - magplar - magCro .........then the rest.......at the end its magblade/magWarden
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they need to buff self-heal on magden. Stamshroom is good as far as I'm concerned, just because it's stam skill and you put it ontop of Vigor. Magshroom tho is just inefficient as healing method compared to any mag healing now - especially that NB also got selfheal.

Magden has a lot of burst healing options. But they're all awful for healing self which is really silly at this point.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magden has a lot of burst healing options. But they're all awful for healing self which is really silly at this point.

What's a lot? Shrooms, Polar Wind and healing staff skills? Well polar wind upfront heal got nerfed hard in the past, to the point where meta magden healers immediately ceased to exist.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What's a lot? Shrooms, Polar Wind and healing staff skills? Well polar wind upfront heal got nerfed hard in the past, to the point where meta magden healers immediately ceased to exist.

Shrooms, trellis, budding seeds, arctic blast, blessing of restoration

All have been tried and suck for healing self.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Budding seeds and trellis aren't burst heals. Big heal at the end of HoT doesn't make it burst heal. Burst heal needs to heal in the first frame to be counted as one.
    Edited by divnyi on January 7, 2022 3:06PM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Budding seeds and trellis aren't burst heals. Big heal at the end of HoT doesn't make it burst heal. Burst heal needs to heal in the first frame to be counted as one.

Well i don't know what to say to that other than that is incorrect and an irrelevant argument. Just because a burst of healing happens later in a skill doesn't mean that it isn't burst heal? Trellis can be recast when it's already on you to burst heal and for 10 seconds after, casting trellis at any point will burst heal you which will reset those 10 seconds effectively making it the same thing as one.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 7, 2022 3:35PM
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about no cp or bgs but for Solo cp I would rank them something like this

S - magplar ,stamblade
    A - magdk, magcro , magsorc
    B - stamcro, stamsorc , magblade
    C - stamplar, stamdk , stamwarden
    Useless - magden

I understand this looks like a big departure from previous lists but let me explain a bit. Traditionally stam has tended to rank better than mag for solo. This is because mobility , stam sustain for movement, and the best sets are crucial for solo play. The new changes gave mag access to all that. As it is right now rapid regen is a better heal than vigor.

Some explanations for classes

I think most of us can agree that magplar is just very strong rn, it has great damage and healing hence its S tier. Stamblade is S tier because for solo 1vx burst style gameplay works very well, and cloak got a nice buff. Magdk has perhaps the most damage of any class rn with still decent heals and yes incredible sustain, it just falls slightly short of S tier for me. I've gone back to magblade recently and feel the new heal is quite nice I think its a solid B tier, still a difficult class to play solo though.

Let talk about warden.
    Stamden cannot heal solo. Offensively it is good but its healing is lacking compared to other classes. Magden needs some real help but they have been overlooked for as long as I can remember.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about no cp or bgs but for Solo cp I would rank them something like this

S - magplar ,stamblade
    Useless - magden

I was under the impression from this forum not long ago that Dizzy Swing was OP. Now we see the 4 Dizzy Swing classes in the B and C tiers.

What happened?
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea magplar was doing so well now… I mean, I hadn’t thought they weren’t strong, but this is the first that I’ve heard them being even better than stamden and stamcro. I have been doing more PVE than PVP of late but am in guilds with many PVPers. I hadn’t thought magcro or magblade were doing that well in PVP but no doubt it depends on format.

I used to play magsorc and magden in PVP a lot but the latter was nerfed to about useless some time ago but I still try to find ways to make a cryomancer… I think all frost skills (both for destro staff and warden’s skill line) should have both dps and tank/support morphs. As others have pointed out in other threads, Arctic Blast tries to do too many things and so does them all poorly.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, silly question probably, but why is there an S tier? Rather than just ABC? What does the S stand for? 🤔
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 8, 2022 6:39AM
  • Sachsen71
    Sachsen71
    ✭✭✭
    Any thoughts on bg’s tierlist? Is there one?
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, silly question probably, but why is there an S tier?

When something is so meta it's broken. No, not the case here.

S - magplar ,stamblade
    Useless - magden

I was under the impression from this forum not long ago that Dizzy Swing was OP. Now we see the 4 Dizzy Swing classes in the B and C tiers.

What happened?

Defenses got buffed, and suddenly it's no longer burst meta, where stamina excel (stam generally have better burst). It's pressure meta. You need armor, sustain and healing. Armor is heavy armor, and stam in heavy armor lacks sustain and healing.

DK got buffed, from the bottom of the tierlist to the top, and now it's not only plar as pressure class - and pressure classes generally play well together.