The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 34 - Feedback Thread for Housing & Furnishings

• Dayth
    Dayth
    ✭✭✭
    The new house has the standard issue most the dlc houses have: too large for the furnishing cap.
    The layout of the manor is a bit of a maze.

The amount of furnishings added is seems considerably less than usual.
    Aren't we missing an additional house? I'm assuming the manor is going to be Crown Store exclusive, don't we usually get at least a large house that can be bought with gold?
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've liked a few of the other recent houses you've released, but Highhallow Hold is the hardest pass I've ever given on ESO housing.

There are very few houses I outright hate, and this is one of them. In fact I'd have to rate this one at the very top of the list of Houses I Hate.

Not least of all because navigating through the house itself is very disorienting. As others have said, its maze-like, and to my knowledge its the ONLY house like this. Don't get me wrong, it has a few charming spots (like the cubbies under the stairs, that a friend of mine has dubbed the "Harry Potter Hidey Hole"), but five feet of charm in an otherwise intolerable 700 slot house is blech.

There aren't any other houses to check out it seems like, so I wonder what they plan on for the coming future houses.

If they're still in planning stages for such things, some houses I would much rather see than whatever Highhallow is:

-A Druid house/village with a yard. Maybe one of those Druid houses that goes underground a bit, even. Alternatively, give us premade druid houses as a furnishing item, and a free-build plot with some subtler druidic themes. (AND MORE DRUID THEMED FURNISHINGS IN GENERAL)

-A large ship on the open ocean. Ngl, I saw one of the galleon ships out to sea just kinda parked there, unreachable, and I'm hoping we can get something like that that we can actually decorate. We have the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto, but that house tries to do too much all at once, which makes it an absolute nightmare to decorate. Its also not a ship that's actually out at sea. Its a ship hiding in a cave. Its not even remotely the same feeling.

-A rickety jungle pirate/bandit camp. I could think of a lot of potential things, but I'm envisioning something along the lines of the abandoned tree house in Disney's "Tarzan".

-Open-Lot Houses. Maybe a jungle. Maybe a beach-front. Maybe a small island/islet in the middle of the ocean.
    Edited by thegreatme on April 25, 2022 12:45PM
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • ShinyBacon
    ShinyBacon
    ✭✭✭
    I am just a console player so im not playing on the PTS myself, just following youtubers and streamers.

There was ONE thing i was hoping to see with High Isle after seeing the preview stream.

SUNFLOWER FURNISHINGS!

but it seems like there are no sunflower furnishings available at the home goods furnisher?

Please!

Please! My heart needs sunflower furnishings, for my mental health and obvious reasons i want to plant a large sunflower garden somwhere in a beautiful place in Tamriel. A nice peaceful place to hang out when the real world is dark and miserable.
    please make some available at the home goods furnisher!

on the other bits i have seen on youtube videos.
    I really like the design of Highallow, it looks beautiful!!! But... its just too big. At least for my taste, im struggling to decorate such large places how i like it. and although i have fallen to the temptation of buying large crown houses like Pantherfang and Sweetwater, im going to have to stop spending crowns on places i cant decorate densly and cluttery.

I love the design of the furnishing coming out, especially the nautical themes on tables and cupboards, i think they look gorgeous. However i either have missed some or there are not many furnishings this year?

• BerylBones
    BerylBones
    ✭✭✭
    We're supposed to be getting 50 new patterns, yes? I went through the crown housing editor and excluding the new homegoods vendor items, I'm only counting 47. Are we missing 3?
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I want THIS as a player home! Want more small and medium sized homes please!!

zkbundvu7dd9.png

100% this! I would love one of those thatched cottages.
    PC EU & NA
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has a thought related to the card game but more related to furnishings really.

We could do with a card table furnishing for our homes, if there is not one already in there somewhere.

Or even just placeable cards to put on our table of choice.

If you have friends round to play cards then it is strange for them to do so with no cards and no table in your house no?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • BerylBones
    BerylBones
    ✭✭✭
    This one has a thought related to the card game but more related to furnishings really.

We could do with a card table furnishing for our homes, if there is not one already in there somewhere.

Or even just placeable cards to put on our table of choice.

If you have friends round to play cards then it is strange for them to do so with no cards and no table in your house no?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

One of the card game achievements gives you a card table furnishing. But it's a collectible, so you can only place one in each house which is disappointing.
  • Uncle_Sheo
    Uncle_Sheo
    Soul Shriven
    As others have reported, you can't walk forward on the Highhallow Hold widows' walk. Some invisible wall in the way of sitting on the non-furnishing? benches (editor doesn't let you select anything up there)
  • Misscapefox
    Misscapefox
    ✭✭✭
    Highhallow Hold is beautiful but it is just too big!

I think something like Steadfast Manor is the most perfect house I have found on the island. Just the right amount of inside space, lots of outside space. And that swimming pool!

wo02ims5x2vb.png

aiuczdovzf5z.png

• Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still can't understand ZOS's love for giant houses. I mean, if they offered additional furnishing slots for crowns, I would've understood. It's an evil plot to make us pay or suffer. Can live with that. But this... I just don't get it.

Obviously, someone's telling designers to do stuff exactly this way. Because otherwise designers do great job, I love zone design. So, it's not an evil plot. That what is it?
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It appears that the Magicka Lancer Siege Weapon Furnishing is STILL missing from the game despite the fact that it's been almost two years since they were introduced to the game

This update would have been perfect for adding said furnshing due to the addition of the anriquties vendor
    so where is the lancer furnishing?

Every other siege weapon in the game has a furnishing version of it avaible, yet there's no lancer

Even volendrung which is universaly reviled as a terrible addation has a furnishing
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So based on the Maps and Loremaster stream, the only house that will be available at launch is the inn room.

So all but confirming Highhallow Hold will be crown exclusive. But it’s even worse because right now there are no more in-game houses to buy with gold. Assuming I have all the current information that is. Which means nothing else to look forward too.

I’d like someone to contradict me. But then again this means I’ll be able to save crowns and money…
    Edited by HappyTheCamper on April 29, 2022 10:40PM
  • t3hnerevarine
    t3hnerevarine
    ✭✭✭
    I like Highhallow Hold because its a godawful maze and i think i can make something really sinister in it, everyone else i know hates it, also because its a maze
    6 staircases, 8 exists, 2 ladders, innumerable floors, this could be the hide and seek house of the gods; but making anything normal in it will probably be a serious challenge

There are only like. 30 new furnishings for high isle, out of the hundreds available. We got zero druid furnishings, even though they're by far the prettiest furnishings (i need those shell garlands on everything), there are a dozen different bird houses and feeders and an apiary but we got ZERO of them because of course we can't have nice things. I need the blue and orange lilies and the blue orange and pink hostas as well, but i suspect those will trickle into different luxury furnisher weeks over the next few years instead of being immediately accessible like i want.

I dont like the compass rose motif on the nicer furnishings, yes i know its an island involved in boat building but i just dont care about nautical stuff. I'll just use a different upper class furnishing style, especially since we dont have anywhere near a full set of the high isle fancy stuff.

The sheets on both of the beds we got have this weird crinkly plastic shine to them that doesn't look like anything that SHOULD be shiny but instead like some sort of very cheap plastic sheets are on the beds.

overall, im not pleased
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not that I hate Highhallow Hold, it's just disappointing because again it's another oversized house. Something similar to Mandrake Manor would have been the perfect size for a 'home' - it's warm and inviting and has fireplaces in most of the rooms. HH has 2 if memory serves me well and they are in odd places and don't even get me started on that weird box under the bedroom windows! I don't begrudge anyone wanting to buy the house and do something creative with it - I just wish they'd give us a medium sized home in addition to the super sized homes. We just always seem to have a choice between really small or really large homes and no in between.

I agree on the furnishings, there are sooo many nice items on High Isle - different shaped and sized high rugs, padded benches, new logs for the fireplaces, where are those? And all the knick knacks - the bird houses, the druid items, sunflowers in pots, new dishes and cookware, etc.

I mean come on - ESO has the best houses I've seen out of any game I've played with housing and I'm happy to throw money at homes that I like. I know it's not a housing game or a decorating game but so many of us enjoy that aspect of the game, so from a financial perspective I'm perplexed as to why they wouldn't take advantage of that and give fans what they want. If there is a technical reason for it - then I'd be okay with it, I might not like it but I would at least respect that someone heard our pleas and offered up a sound explanation for it.

Edited by carly on April 30, 2022 11:39AM
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the comments of many that the layout of Highhallow Hold is bizarre; sometimes I find myself having a hard time finding the exits. Sort of related, the inn where the inn room is also confusing. It took some wandering around to find the door because I went up a flight of stairs to a section that isn't connected to the rest of the upstairs floors. I followed the compass pointer...to a wall. Had to go back down and take another flight of stairs to get to it. Do people actually build structures like this? I suppose the one section maybe is supposed to be for the po' folks, or the staff, but if that's the case, why wouldn't you close it off with a door or something?
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the new house:

1) No new craftable structurals, never mind in the new style (could have made me VERY happy with that alone)

2) Not enough new items, craftable or otherwise and only a few of which I really say, I'd like to have that. I'll likely collect all the craftable recipes, but I don't immediately see anything that I can't wait to have/craft.

1: Structurals have been added to the dailies during 4Q for the last few years. Stands to reason they wouldn't be out with this Chapter.

And that was/is a bad idea that should be changed.

I am interested in housing, like many people here. Why have I pre-ordered the game in the first place? To wait until Q4 to build stuff in the current year's theme? The leads should revise their strategy. They want our money yesterday, but deliver the content very slowly and on top of that, players have to pay for a separate DLC at the end of the year which concludes the year long chapter for which I pre-ordered in Q1! Really, this should be changed. I shouldn't be paying a 2nd time to find out how the story ends, and to get content that is tied with the stuff I paid for in Q1!

Also, regarding furnishings. There is no communication from the devs in regards to the furnishings we want. Is that hard to change the hue for a carpet or bed, so we could have a red and a blue one? Or a green variant? I bet it's not.

There should be at least an approximate roadmap regarding furnishings, even in terms such as "we have plans to release more of this and that", or "there are no plans to release that" because of insert reason. I am waiting for years to get specific assets which already exist in the game. I know people who quit ESO because of they got fed up with this attitude from the leads.

I pre-ordered the game, and to be honest, it's the first time I tend to regret. But since I pre-ordered, I don't want to wait for High Isle furnishings until late 2022! It is not the same with adding a few missing furnishings in Q4, or additions based on community feedback, we are talking about a practice of releasing crafting content many months after people have paid for it.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • BerylBones
    BerylBones
    ✭✭✭
    We still seem to be missing 3 of the 50 patterns we're supposed to have
  • Pashen
    Pashen
    ✭✭✭
    As compared to Blackwood, the furnishings this time around are underwhelming. So many more items in the Blackwood DLC seem like it's just an afterthought for this New area. Food items, some seafood that's not even on a platter, or some such? Please just compare and you will see what most of us here are saying, it is just sad and greatly disappointing.

I was so excited to have Bretons be a focus and the culture and the furniture and food items and such .. just do not make the grade. Please improve this asap.
  • Pashen
    Pashen
    ✭✭✭
    What are your thoughts on the new housing in

Your constant need to add notables rather than medium size and small homes is getting a bit old. We have been asking for more small homes for years and it falls on deaf ears.

Also, the widow's walk in High Hollow has an invisible line that stops you from using 90% of the porch. like some genius copy-pasted the invisible wall line from the other mini balcony that stops you from jumping to street level. BTW: your furnished version adds benches clearly meant for sitting that you can't get to.

ON THE POSITIVE-ISH: The architecture is gorgeous and the layout is interesting. the floating walls in a couple section break the room up nicely. though not sure what is up with the giant head-tall blocks in the 2 rooms on far ends of the house. we have no stairs to meet the height of those and they are too wide to be 'shelves'. we can't sink stairs to make them fit being on an upper level. not sure what the thoughts behind those were but they could make for interesting storage or sitting areas or even raised eds...if we had a good way to reach them.

what do you think of the new furnishings
    I'd love to have more of an opinion on this...but wth are they?? We have next to no prints to look forward to this Chapter. We've never had so few released with the Chapter. There's clearly whole sets of new dishes, some new foods, cups, vases, urns, a thermometer, TWO hourglasses, scrolls, an open book, among many other things ....and no prints for them. nothing in the crown purchase tab. Is this to be yet ANOTHER zone where it's "oooh look, pretty!" everywhere but our own homes? All that block n tackle and nets adorning everywhere EXCEPT what we can decorate with?? Why does this Chapter feel like housing was an afterthought??

any general feedback?
    Stop locking all the new houses behind crown only paywalls. We had a great balance. Inn room and a large home for gold with Chapter. Crown Only Notable to follow. "freebie" you could earn by end of year through participation in a community-wide event or holiday event grinds.... sometimes with a second new notable thrown in to the crown only mix. We don't need MORE crown-only houses. even with the gifting system, this is getting out of control. If you aren't going to raise furniture limits (Which, btw, you guys PROMISED to revisit the issue once new consoles were out because those were the major complication...then once we got new hardware, which you said gets installed this summer....so WHEN do we get to revisit this?) If you aren't going to increase limits any time soon, what's stopping you from meeting us in the middle and releasing some new "FOR GOLD" homes that are small to medium sized?? Seems an easy enough compromise, don't you think?

That said, how about all the other things we're still asking for??? Targets and target dummies? Weapons even if just in weapon racks (noticed you made another set of new ones, matching th new style...and we STILL don't get to use em, eh?) and the new barrels with dirt and little mushrooms. its another set of pots with dirt to be used as planters and we can't even get planters without plants in them already. Musical instruments like lutes. Wheels of cheese that are NOT the special glowing ones. (yup, noticed those. along with the realistically size tomatoes that have a slice one in the bin)

Most of us aren't even begging for NEW things....we are simply asking you to release to us the ability to use things you have ALREADY DONE and decorated with! What, exactly, i the point of holding these up? You don't revisit old styles and add to them, so obviously you are not just 'saving for later' at this point.

And lastly, PLEASE add furnishing materials to our Surveys!!! The market on PC is wildly out of control with a significant lack of gold sinks. Crowns don't go on sale enough to keep them at a more reasonable level since house gifting went live, and all that is happening is wildly uncontrolled inflation thanks to some folks having nothing to do in game other than flip things on trader driving the prices up even higher. You keep only giving us these GIANT homes.... and then make it completely impossible to maintain our materials to enjoy these homes without having to buy most or all our mats from people just wanting to price gouge. I can farm an hour and not see 100 heartwood. That is with ONLY running from wood to wood node and on a small starter area to time the respawn timers of the nodes. 100 heart wood won't craft enough pieces to do a full dining room table and chairs these days. Either increase our drops, or start cutting back on the requirements in the prints. 16 Ancient Sandstone to make a single Fargrave item???? Come on, that's a STYLE mat. You guys moved AWAY from stupidly high style mats requirements, remember?? What happened?? We have to grind and grind for special style mats. You've minimized bootable grinds for furnishing print farming. You won't give us more reasonable sized homes and keep pushing notables, you nickel and dime the drops for farming our own materials..... and now a Chapter drop with half the new prints we usually see.

Overall, we're just NOT feeling the love this year ZOS. WE are your cash cows. WE are why you have whales that buy stupidly huge amounts of crowns since the advent of the gifting system. Housing folks are likely more than 50% of your major cash flow in-game these days because we're ALSO probably the biggest buyers of crown crates too. (ty SO MUCH for making a couple of our most demanded items crate only drops btw *sigh*) We aren't asking for anything unreasonable. We aren't even asking everything come at once. But a little consistency would be nice and a FEW concessions wouldn't kill ya. :(

THIS definitely this.
  • Pashen
    Pashen
    ✭✭✭
    lizardman wrote: »
    The new house is - putting it lightly - an architectural disaster. Mixed entry points, 2 stair cases that lead to the same floor, dead end corners with weird and janky design, mouldy coloured walls and huge out of place hallways. The lookout tower and rooftop balcony is great though, the interior is just bad. No complaints about the garden except some water would have been nice - especially as this will probably cost thousands of crowns.

Why did we not get a house that looked like 90% of the other manors in town? With decent noble decor and design, more aimed at a castle like vibe.

Sorry ESO but this needs to be looked at. I hope this feedback helps...

They took the house from Sweetwater Cascades in Blackwood and planted it in High Isle. Personally would prefer one of the houses that exists on High Isle not a copy from Blackwood
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pashen wrote: »
    The new house is - putting it lightly - an architectural disaster. Mixed entry points, 2 stair cases that lead to the same floor, dead end corners with weird and janky design, mouldy coloured walls and huge out of place hallways. The lookout tower and rooftop balcony is great though, the interior is just bad. No complaints about the garden except some water would have been nice - especially as this will probably cost thousands of crowns.

Why did we not get a house that looked like 90% of the other manors in town? With decent noble decor and design, more aimed at a castle like vibe.

They took the house from Sweetwater Cascades in Blackwood and planted it in High Isle. Personally would prefer one of the houses that exists on High Isle not a copy from Blackwood

Except it’s worse because the view is worse.
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pashen wrote: »

Except it’s worse because the view is worse.

Yeah the view isn't great which is why I suggested Mandrake Manor, smaller, cozier home with multiple fireplaces, a great layout and the view of the harbor and statue is brilliant. And the severe lack of furniture items is also disappointing. This will be the first time I go for the Inn Room instead of the house. Oh well, at least I save money this time :wink:
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new Breton furniture and pictures are gorgeous. I also like the new house and can see it has a lot of potential.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With so little time left, and seeing this thread has been buried on page 4, I wish to ask the devs to consider at least some feedback given. I am worried about having an other very long year without major housing improvements or significant content updates in this area. Content is important (houses and furnishings), but the economy of housing is what holds everything together. Some systems need updating. The mats are too expensive and hard to find. The luxury vendor is a nice but old concept from a time when we had 10 times less furnishings than now. Structural items are to expensive to make. There are items that are requested every time.

I selected a fragment of a reply that says it so well:
    how about all the other things we're still asking for??? Targets and target dummies? Weapons even if just in weapon racks (noticed you made another set of new ones, matching th new style...and we STILL don't get to use em, eh?) and the new barrels with dirt and little mushrooms. its another set of pots with dirt to be used as planters and we can't even get planters without plants in them already. Musical instruments like lutes. Wheels of cheese that are NOT the special glowing ones. (yup, noticed those. along with the realistically size tomatoes that have a slice one in the bin)

Most of us aren't even begging for NEW things....we are simply asking you to release to us the ability to use things you have ALREADY DONE and decorated with! What, exactly, i the point of holding these up? You don't revisit old styles and add to them, so obviously you are not just 'saving for later' at this point.

And lastly, PLEASE add furnishing materials to our Surveys!!! The market on PC is wildly out of control with a significant lack of gold sinks. Crowns don't go on sale enough to keep them at a more reasonable level since house gifting went live, and all that is happening is wildly uncontrolled inflation thanks to some folks having nothing to do in game other than flip things on trader driving the prices up even higher. You keep only giving us these GIANT homes.... and then make it completely impossible to maintain our materials to enjoy these homes without having to buy most or all our mats from people just wanting to price gouge.

Thanks
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the devs' love for moldy walls. I still haven't furnished Lucky Cat Landing, because it would take too many slots to hide all the mold. Even though the house is nice and has a nice view, everytime I enter, I get turned off so totally that I port out.

This looks like another one of those 'living in squalor and mold' houses. If it stays like this, then it's off my list of houses, even before the chapter drops. >.<

There have been so many good suggestions and points made here (and in other threads), but it's like whistling in space - no one's going to hear you... >.<