The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Warden Tantrum over, time for some real talk

Mr_Stach
Mr_Stach
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm really disappointed in this PTS Cycle, myself and several other people have worked really hard to stay relevant during this cycle and week after week there has been nothing regarding Warden. You slap us in the face with "Master's of Ice" while nerfing Arctic Blast out of PvP. I feel like every bit of feedback was touched on this patch except for Warden (And probably mNB, sorry sneaky dudes) and it's really disheartening.

I thought that maybe if we could get enough feedback, and I'll admit I went off the rails with some memes and concept stuff, but the real feedback, it feels tossed aside. I even spent time trying to justify why Frost Warden should be more present via the Lore of Wardens and Y'ffre and Frost Elves, but whatever. We've even got a new Frost Damage Trial set that isn't terrible, Nunatak, a new monster set that is kinda meh but has potential, the Brittle Status which is a nice status change for Warden on the Frost side.

This is the patch where Magden will probably be the worse spec in PvP and in PvE you might as well respec to Stamden because that is where the development time is going.

I hope I'm wrong and Zos switches it around, but yeah this sucks.
Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's what i think. I like whorl a lot and I'm really happy that it's being included. The content of high isle is awesome, but the patch content/changes on the other hand have been utterly soured for me because they nerfed the crap out of arctic blast and the rest of the winter's embrace changes seemed entirely out of touch with what warden's have been asking for, for about 4 years now which is frost dps skills on their class. Minor breach on deep fissure isn't what i would have done at all. But it's a buff to the skill i guess. We still lack the fundamental things that other classes have in pvp. An on demand stun that works with the kit and a solid high tt 1gcd burst heal for self, another annoying reactive stun on crys slab is neither of those and it sort to "solve a problem" that they just utterly demolished with the arctic nerf. Stamden can circumvent those issues by being able to use vigor regardless of their weapon settup and having access to multiple stamina costing stun skills but Magden is still left in the dirt once again for pvp. What seems to happen time after time on warden is they make dps changes that mostly buff or affect stamden.

Frostden is still okay in pve but it's performance wasn't exactly my issue. My issue is the lack of frost damage skills that are viable. This hasn't changed once again.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 16, 2022 8:13PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    Just change all animal companion animations to blue, frost damage, remove magic damage passive & class fixed.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just change all animal companion animations to blue, frost damage, remove magic damage passive & class fixed.

Unfortunately that does not fix the issues in PvP at all. Warden still doesnt have a reliable class stun or an effective burst heal.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Snow_White
    Snow_White
    ✭✭✭
    In all honesty, I’m curious if Zos has any real intent to enable frostden as a DPS gameplay style.

Best I can figure out, frostden = warden tank, a roll in which it performs well, and Zos doesn’t seem to be moving away from that formula.

If anything, it’s a symptom of Warden’s split personality…. Is it a Druid (healer), Ranger (DD) or Ice warrior thing (tank)?

At least when they created Necro they stuck with one cohesive theme. They could easily follow Necro’s example and split Warden into three separate classes.
    Edited by Snow_White on May 16, 2022 11:47PM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I genuinely don't know what the thought process was behind arctic change at all, it doesn't really effect PVE and in PVP wardens are already a dumpster fire class whose only job is to be mid-tier group support class and arctic change is nerfing it's offensive capability which is already absurdly terrible???

I feel like zos is just throwing darts blindly at a dartboard and that is the outcome
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade