Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Armory Station/NPC in Cyrodiil

DestroyerPewnack
DestroyerPewnack
✭✭✭✭
Can we have this added in each alliance's base? I have to port out and back in every time I want to play a different spec. You have a great system in place (would be better with mundus choice added,) but I don't understand why you're not using it to its true potential.
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 14, 2022 1:37AM
  • atherusmora
    atherusmora
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I understand not being able to use AA in the field during dungeons, and trials, but there is a banker, merchants and even crafting stations at Alliance bases. Seems very strange not to have included an armory station at alliance bases as well. I’ve also longed for them to considered including Transmute stations at the bases as well.

Edited to add: ZOS never did say exactly why Mundus stones were excluded from Armory, but they did clown Nefas’ reasoning with a very shallow salesman like response, “ In the absence of information people will default to their own conclusions.” R.L. Again, no further clarity about the decision has been given to the player base. The fact that Nefas’ conclusions were specifically called out and trashed, makes me feel the opposite is true. So, crown store sales seems like the most plausible reason imo.
    Edited by atherusmora on November 29, 2021 12:38PM
    (Pet)Magsorc Main
    PS4 NA
    PvX
    Long Live the Queen!!!
  • DestroyerPewnack
    DestroyerPewnack
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair to zos (a phrase I never use,) it's not like mundus sales are what's carrying the game financially. Most players are in guilds with guild halls that have them there already, so there's no point in buying them for most.

Whatever the reason may be, I hope they add mundus choice one day, and add the station/NPC in Cyrodiil. Kind of ridiculous to force people to travel out and back in. And if it's prime time, you can't even risk going out, so you're stuck with the spec you're playing (talking about attributes and choice of curse,) even though the game now has a system for switching it.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Re. the mundus in armory, I did ask the question and this was the answer in ESO live https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1169418904?t=00h41m54s

(TL:DR) it didn't fit in the time scales to get mundus in armory into update 32, they have some challenges, definitely talking about it but no promises

I agree with the OP that it would be great to have an armory in each of the cyrodiil bases. It also makes sense for me to have one in each of the trial lobbies where they have the crafting stations etc
    Edited by fizl101 on November 29, 2021 2:58PM
    Soupy twist
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very curious about why armory stations aren't in the hub cities as well. I can go to the major city in each zone to craft, change my outfit, bank or sell stuff, but I must port to my home or use an assistant to use the armory. Further, the armory is huge compared to the other stations making it a pain to fit in small or apartment housing.

Anyway armory stations should be in major towns and alliance bases. If you can change your outfit there, you can change your load out.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remathilis wrote: »
    Anyway armory stations should be in major towns and alliance bases. If you can change your outfit there, you can change your load out.

Well, they do offer an assistant in the Crown Store... :neutral:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I understand not being able to use AA in the field during dungeons, and trials.

You can use him in dungeons on both difficulties and in normal arenas and trials. The official news post stating otherwise has been contradicted by the devs and by the current functionality of the assistant in game.
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Yup. They offer a banker and merchant too. Guess we can remove those from all the cities and bases as well.

Assistants should be for in the field, away from towns.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. They offer a banker and merchant too. Guess we can remove those from all the cities and bases as well.

They deliberately did not put armory stations in the game world. They are apparently thinking on the idea of putting them in Alliance bases, but no action has been taken. It makes me wonder how they would have changed the game if the bank and merchant assistants were part of the game at launch.

These things, monetized or not, change how the game is designed and where they put development priority.
    Edited by Elsonso on November 29, 2021 3:14PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Succuby
    Succuby
    ✭✭✭
    You are may be right, but it harms housing.

As example you make some base in house for all this, buy mundus and etc. If it will be all free you will not need do all that. So some running needed they add to the game.

Armory is OP function by itself, it will be cool if it will be added in each aly near as example bank or any where else, but add it in each town is to big add i think.

Armory is some thing you own it is more logickal it be in houses of players.

May be on cyridil base too - but that is all. It is free and you need to change gear in pvp locatiion, so may be it will be fine change. That is ALL i think.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armory doesn't save your mundus stone as apart of it's functionality, Succuby.

And I would love to have the armory station in Cyrodiil and Imperial City. Having to wait in a queue during major events is going to suck pretty badly.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • atherusmora
    atherusmora
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Agreed. I understand not being able to use AA in the field during dungeons, and trials.

You can use him in dungeons on both difficulties and in normal arenas and trials. The official news post stating otherwise has been contradicted by the devs and by the current functionality of the assistant in game.

Wait…really? Game changer!! Lol.
    (Pet)Magsorc Main
    PS4 NA
    PvX
    Long Live the Queen!!!
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they really should put stations in the alliance bases, both in Cyro and in IC. It would suck to queue up and then realize once you are in that you forgot to swap your build.
    The Moot Councillor
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necroing this cuz its something I would like to see as well in the home bases. I came for a lag check after server upgrades and loving the performance now but am in my bikini power heals spec and queue is 85 or something.. leaving to change is not as option as ill never make it back in before bed.

Please put an armory station in the home bases!
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would also put respec shrines at the gates in cyrodiil especially with how high the queue has gotten!
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

'no' *show the door* (joking, but the assistant price is also a joke)
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this a fair request. It's a small quality life for pvp. PvP has also being waiting long time for addition content.

This is small addition that would benefit a l or of people coming into pvp areas
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I know why they don't want to implement it. We could do the same as with the banker in IC and the crafting stations. You can walk into IC, do what you need to do and walk out of IC going back to the same place without having to buy the assistant.

But basically you can do the same thing currently with 1 just an extra step when it comes to armories.
    1. Teleport to the house of a friend/guildmate (must be another player - explained in point 3) in which there is the armory station/assistant.
    2. You change the build and enter IC.
    3. You leave IC. Due to the fact that your last location was your friend's house you will be moved to the place from where you entered the friend's house so in your orginal position.

As you can see there is 1 extra step compared to if there was an armory station/assistant in IC or Cyrodiil, so no big deal in my opinion.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I thought the assistants were aimed at guilds, not individual players, mainly because of the price. They're 5,000 crowns each, which I think a lot of players would hesitate to pay.
    Edited by vsrs_au on May 11, 2022 8:47AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

I thought the assistants were aimed at guilds, not individual players, mainly because of the price. They're 5,000 crowns each, which I think a lot of players would hesitate to pay.

The assistants are popular with alot of players for the convenience of access while out and about. If I needed to travel somewhere to use it, i would go to a city rather than the guild house as I could access the guild bank and guild store as well for example. The armory assistant wouldn't be needed for a guild house, as you could place the free armory station
    Soupy twist
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, this is a great idea. I understand why assistants are not allowed in PVP, but maybe just allowing them in the intro area would help this, even if the armory station isn't added outright.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem, and I brought this up when the system was first announced, is that when you are queued for PVP, whether it is Imperial City, Cyrodil, or BGs, you have very little time to use the assistant to swap gear to PVP.

So, you are forced to either rush it before the queue goes away, or you are forced to run your PVP set up in PVE while you wait for the queue.

If the whole point of the armory system is to allow for better and smoother transitions from different types of content, not having a station in Cyrodil bases, or Imperial City bases, or not being allowed to use assistants during the wait time before a BG match starts, is a flaw.

None of those things will have any impact on gameplay. You should be able to do PVE things in PVE gear and be queue for BGs. Then when the BG queue pops and you teleport in, as long as the match hasn't started yet you should be able to pull out your assistant or banker or even merchant if you want, and swap your gear to a PVP setup. Once the match starts, it no longer works until you leave the BG instance.

Same for Cyrodil. PVE setup during the queue. Arrive at the base and go to the station to swap. Go out and PVP for a few hours on a group oriented setup, and then decide to go solo, go back to base and swap.

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish they would also put respec shrines at the gates in cyrodiil especially with how high the queue has gotten!

This would help a lot.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After review, we have decided to move this thread to a more appropriate PVP subsection.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Azrael001
    Azrael001
    ✭✭✭
    I fully agree with this; especially with pop-lock being a thing, we can't go swap builds without sitting in a 2+ hour queue to get back.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also strongly support this idea. As others have already pointed out the Alliance bases already contain the major creature comforts (bank/merchant/crafting stations) having an Armory Station in a base in a War zone makes perfect sense.
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where do I find this outside of PVP
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where do I find this outside of PVP

The Armory Station is a free item in the crown store, once you get it you can put it in any house you own. You can also use any armory station placed in other players housing that you have access to.
  • Qrähe
    Qrähe
    ✭✭✭
    Would be great to add to bases, hate queing in and realizing I have daily writ gear and morphs.
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing's worse than finally getting through the queue only to realize you accidentally have your pve setup on *facepalm*

It could also be good if people want to change into a solo build or their group build depending if their friends are online or not.
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him