Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A PTS question for the devs.

345zac_ESO
345zac_ESO
✭✭✭
So, I will start with a reference to wow. I played wow and never got to max level. I then realized there was a test server with...... PRE MADE CHARACTERS! Max level characters. With no work. I WOULD love to have a max level character in ESO so here's my question. I just watched the shoddycast and they said the PTS will open to players after craglorn WITH premades that are vr10. Is this information true?

Thanks!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Close enough. The current templates on the PTS for Craglorn are VR9 while the mobs there are all VR11+.

I know ZOS is planning to open the PTS to the public soon. However, i don't know if they will keep Craglorn or the templates there when they do so.
    ;-)
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they work like most other games then after the patch the pts server will be disabled until the next major patch. I think I see where you are going and I don't think they going to just allow players to select premade and get to play there permanently.
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • 345zac_ESO
    345zac_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Don't agree. Wow didn't do that.
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't say all. Just most.
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • 345zac_ESO
    345zac_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm.. guess I'll just have to wait.. unless a dev comments @ZOS_AndyC‌ @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_TristanK‌
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will be disabling the PTS server after the Craglorn patch. Afterwards it will open during select periods and be open to all. They've already stated this. So Auric was correct. You won't get to just play a premade there indefinitely.
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Public Test Server is for testing and not for your personal enjoyment because you are too lazy to level.
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    I may have taken @345zac_ESO 's OP the wrong way (my apologies) but...

Personally, it's my (biased) opinion that test servers (of any kind, in any game) should be opened only to those that are dedicated to TESTNG (Alphas and a selected grouping of Beta testers of the Dev's choosing) and not opened to the general public. I've seen a LOT of games get screwed up, screwed over, and just plain screwed (one clear example happening here is the ongoing AoE debate; that shouldn't have happened, BTW, in the first place), when they allow your average Little Scrib that doesn't know half of what the hell their doing and just want an EZ-mode fast track to max level/end game content and PLAY on such servers. Now, I'm not calling anyone above my post such a "player" (so please don't flame me), I'm just saying (biasedly), testing is for TESTING and not PLAYING.
    Edited by Gwarok on April 30, 2014 11:02PM
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• 345zac_ESO
    345zac_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. It's sad how I don't want to spend my time leveling to vr10 and just want to enjoy a game that I PAY FOR and get shamed for it.
  • Taid
    Taid
    ✭✭
    Malediktus wrote: »
    The Public Test Server is for testing and not for your personal enjoyment...

Im pretty sure 99,3% of common beta-testers would disagree ;)
    Edited by Taid on May 1, 2014 12:21AM
    You know the old saying.....Neither a Troll, nor a Fanboy be? :o

RUBBISH!

Without Trolls and Fanboys, how could we ever be able to sell anything? :#
  • Noobie
    Noobie
    ✭✭
    I hope they have a premade Vampire DK with ulti reduction gear. If not they better put it in