Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dummies are projecting incorrect data

Styxius
Styxius
✭✭✭✭
kpq26sxtt795.png
Trial dummies are posting numbers in chat as if the dummies have larger HP pools than they actually do making DPS look like it's inflated.
  • Techwolf_Lupindo
    Techwolf_Lupindo
    ✭✭✭
    I had one dummy that reported 40K after doing one light attack and waited for it to report.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed this as well… Then I went to kill some random mobs and noticed dps is actually noticeably lower than on live — primarily because of the CP changes, I believe.
    Edited by propertyOfUndefined on April 19, 2022 4:19AM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah dummy told me 109k, CMX said 99k.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was there a planned fix for this? just did a parse on both the trial dummy and a 6m and the results and the time don't make sense with each other (on PS5 so just got the update)
    Soupy twist
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    Was there a planned fix for this? just did a parse on both the trial dummy and a 6m and the results and the time don't make sense with each other (on PS5 so just got the update)

There was no data shared on this unfortunately from ZoS or any recognition to my knowledge.
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    A temporary way to get the correct dps is to take the health of the dummy and divide it by the time it takes to kill it (the time printed into chat is accurate).

For example, if I take 2 min 50 seconds to kill a 21m dummy, that would be (21 000 000)/(2*60 + 50) = 123.5k dps

The cmx dps should also accurate
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • festegios
    festegios
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, more attention to this the better, especially console players.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    M0R_Gaming wrote: »
    A temporary way to get the correct dps is to take the health of the dummy and divide it by the time it takes to kill it (the time printed into chat is accurate).

For example, if I take 2 min 50 seconds to kill a 21m dummy, that would be (21 000 000)/(2*60 + 50) = 123.5k dps

The cmx dps should also accurate

Yes that is what we are doing currently, no other metrics though as on console
    Soupy twist
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s hilarious something like this happens, is extensively reported on PTS, and then there is no fix and no acknowledgement by ZOS.

Console does not have CMX lol.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, wanted to touchbase here. We have checked in with the dev team related to this issue. They are aware of the issue and have identified a fix. The team is working on a fix now and will be included in a future incremental. Timing is still being worked on for which incremental, but we should have more info on that over the next few weeks once the fix is finalized. Thanks, all.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, wanted to touchbase here. We have checked in with the dev team related to this issue. They are aware of the issue and have identified a fix. The team is working on a fix now and will be included in a future incremental. Timing is still being worked on for which incremental, but we should have more info on that over the next few weeks once the fix is finalized. Thanks, all.

Thank you Kevin