The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Those NPCs we love appreciation thread

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    I am still waiting for a dlc/chapter where Vaermina makes good on their promise to get revenge on us for foiling their plans.

Yes please to more Vaermina content!!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyris and Sai I love stories of love <3
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arox the Mutilator is my new favourite NP. Followed closely by Elam Drais, Fennorian, the Elven Commander in Tempest Isle, the sly Scarab, Xuthas, Stibbons, the daedra narrator/guide in ICP, and Darien.

I've learned to tolerate Lyris but Eveli needs to die, like Stuga.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love Stuga. She took a beating and kept on ticking.
  • noobfury
    noobfury
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I forgot Lyranth as well little mortal.
    noobfury earned the Eighth Anniversary badge.Thanks for sticking with us for 8 years. PC NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Arox the Mutilator is my new favourite NP. Followed closely by Elam Drais, Fennorian, the Elven Commander in Tempest Isle, the sly Scarab, Xuthas, Stibbons, the daedra narrator/guide in ICP, and Darien.

lyranth is the one who "narrates/guides" us through ICP

however her voice is distinctly different than when you are working with her in blackwood/deadlands arcs
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    noobfury wrote: »
    Oh I forgot Lyranth as well little mortal.

Lyranth is definitely a wild card type character. Really hard to figure her out. Once you think you do, she does something opposite of what you thought. Is she friend or foe? Will she be our next villain, or will she hold the power she gained in a certain story arc with responsibility?
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arox the Mutilator and Elam Drals
    PC NA
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Creeper, because (1) he was in TES III and (2) he doesn't talk too much.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smitch_59 wrote: »
    Creeper, because (1) he was in TES III and (2) he doesn't talk too much.

Oh and can we get the mudcrab merchant?

I would so pay monies for him!!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AROX the mutalator 100%
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shoutout to Remains Silent. She's my favorite Dark Sister, and I was over the moon when I finally got the passive all those years ago and could meet her. She's got a fun personality too.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Oh and can we get the mudcrab merchant?

I would so pay monies for him!!

I’m honestly shocked they haven’t made one yet.

…it’d go perfectly with the ships and pirates theme they’ve got going with High Isle. >_>
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »

lyranth is the one who "narrates/guides" us through ICP

however her voice is distinctly different than when you are working with her in blackwood/deadlands arcs

Shes' hilarious in ICP but barely tolerable anywhere else she pops up.
    I forgot Kinlord Riliis. He's a panto dame if I've ever heard one. No scenery left at the end of either Banished Cells.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • DestroyerPewnack
    DestroyerPewnack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stuga.
    All that time she's spent looking for me? That's true love.
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count Verandis Ravenwatch. He has the dignity and royalty of all Vampire Lords. And he is a nice guy too! I like him very much.
    v16x1rpszm6t.jpg

Razun dar. Raz is an amazing character and one of the most beloved ones who deserves much more stotylines. He is ironic, funny, clever and -- if necessary -- ruthless.
    rjb42cn9zg1k.jpg

Khamira. Another fantastic character who should appear more in ESO lore.
    89nda6dj8wtc.jpg

There are so many more. ESO has many amazing characters.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone have selfies with favorite NPCs? I had to do finger acrobatics to get some action shots during battles. I should probably properly crop these at some point. Here's one with Count Verandis:

fDGRSOe.png

Here's another with Verandis standing in the very spot where he would later give his Epilogue at the end of the Dark Heart of Skyrim story arc. I took this screenshot because of the foreshadowing and foreboding of what would come.

nbpW7UR.png

Edited by Kesstryl on April 9, 2022 1:41AM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one is cheating since I had some help from a very convincing stand-in, but it's also quite possibly my favorite screencap ever so I'm making it count.

VseVZPn.png
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    This one is cheating since I had some help from a very convincing stand-in, but it's also quite possibly my favorite screencap ever so I'm making it count.

VseVZPn.png

OMG that's awesome!