The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Those NPCs we love appreciation thread

Kesstryl
Kesstryl
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This is an appreciation thread for all the NPCs that we love. Their lines, their awesome moments, screenshots, theories, discussion, everything we love about them.

Mine will begin with a screenshot of what I though was awesome - Fennorian shows his fangs when engaged in battle when he's a follower. I thought that was awesome.
HxlkMWR.png
HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STIBBONS! Give us him as a houseguest already ZOS! We know you have him! It's been datamined!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Thief and her big reveal in Missing Guardian. <3 Best quest in the game IMO. The other Guardians are cool too, it was very touching seeing the Warrior freaking out because Titus was having his mental crisis. After having so much exposure to the Daedric Princes and their general disregard for their minions it was nice to see Et’Ada who actually care what happens to their followers.

I do kind of wonder about the Mage’s thing for booze though. Her showing up in the bar at the beginning could have just been because there are a lot of off-duty adventurers hanging around who have time to listen to what she has to say…but then she has you meet up with her at a winery.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like Darien a lot. He's pretty cool.

*cough*
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are many neat npcs, but an honorable mention is the puppy Musi and her master who you meet in the quest undying loyalty. They will wander the Alik'r desert together in everlasting undeath, and it warmed my heart to meet them.
    Yes you definitely are a good boy Musi :)
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arox the Mutilator.

Also, honourable mention for Master Neloth (yes yes he’s in Skyrim but he still deserves a mention).
  • Kitziboo
    Kitziboo
    ✭✭✭
    Razum-dar, one of my girls, Luna-daro, has a crush on him which is odd as I don’t get that feeling with any other characters. I’m avoiding the N Elsweyr quest about the sisters with her.

Sereyne, an absolute gem and my favourite houseguest. Arox of course, I’d love him as a companion. Elam Drals for his sense of humour and I’m looking forward to seeing Jakarn and Za’ji again soon.

I would love to see more of Mizzik Thunderboots as he could investigate mysteries anywhere, hint hint 😸.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arana and The Drake of Blades are my favorites.

Also love Velsa's dry sense of humor.

Edited by Jaraal on March 31, 2022 8:50AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • LostHorizon1933
    LostHorizon1933
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rigurt the Brash

“You will find this shocking, but Rigurt forgets many things. Especially on the days he drinks mead. Which is all of the days.”
  • sekou_trayvond
    sekou_trayvond
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tharayya

"In...relationships"

Line gets me every time. Love that she got a dlc.

Honorable mention: Kireth and Raynor.

And then there is The Augur. Arguably my favorite character- "wood is ridiculous!"
    Edited by sekou_trayvond on March 31, 2022 9:35AM
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M'aiq is my favourite <3

I also love Razum Dar, Khamira, Cadwell, Sheogorath and Naryu
    PC-EU
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a loooong list of NPCs I love to bits :) . Sotha Sil (my absolutely fave), Revus, Vivec, Diveyth Fyr, Regring (simultaneously the best and the worst spinner ever :D ), Ashur, Fennorian & Verandis, Kireth and Raynor -- probably top. But so many more.
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    i want to live with melar sadus <3
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a loooong list of NPCs I love to bits :) . Sotha Sil (my absolutely fave), Revus, Vivec, Diveyth Fyr, Regring (simultaneously the best and the worst spinner ever :D ), Ashur, Fennorian & Verandis, Kireth and Raynor -- probably top. But so many more.

I agree, there are so many good ones. I did a screenshot because I'm afraid my list of favorites would be too long. I do know Verandis, Fennorian, Caldwell, Razum Dar, Maiq the Liar, Revus Demnevanni, Kireth and Raynor, Sotha Sil, Vivec, Arox, and Lyranthe are at the top, but there are so many more.

Edited by Kesstryl on March 31, 2022 10:23AM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    evymyu233 wrote: »
    i want to live with melar sadus <3

I loved him too! Awesome character!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forgot about the Drake of Blades, she was adorable! I need to play through her quest again. :smiley: Revus Demnevanni was fun, I ended up making a Skyrim character a relative of his. Haven’t seen Kireth and Raynor in a while, although there haven’t been much in the way Dwemer ruins in the last few zones so that’s understandable. Way back near launch I’d thought they’d died during that last fight in the main quest. :s

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot about the Drake of Blades, she was adorable! I need to play through her quest again. :smiley:

Her social anxiety is well written and well acted. I've done her quest on most of my characters.... it's always enjoyable..

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohh - there's also a wood elf innkeeper in Rivenspire in the little town Fell's Run. She complains about the locals not liking her ins name, so she changed it from The Fell-Inn to the Run-Inn - and the stupid punny joke made me laugh, like out loud.
    The self awareness of some of the npc's walking around with their little brooms sweeping the street is also funny - "I seem to be getting nowhere" - nope, no you really don't :)
    The best part is that there are so many of these hidden gems, plenty of them are just little comments from random npc's that have no function and no quests, but if you interact with them, quite a lot of them have some good bits of dialogue - apart from the masses that moan about life in Tamriel - I suppose it does suck to live through another bloody zombie invasion though.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are too many to list! I'm so glad there are a few mentions for Kireth and Raynor because I absolutely adore those two <3. A couple that haven't been mentioned yet who I also adore are Vastarie and Adusa-daro.

Another one that hasn't been mentioned that I have thought about entirely more than is necessary on the subject of theories: my (second favourite - he knows what he said) NPC, Neramo, because I am still wondering how he ended up as a pirate fire mage in the Saga of Captain Wereshark books?? "Neramo the Mad Mage", exiled to a pirate ship with Vimy Lacroix, blowing things up with fireballs in the pursuit of treasure?? Excuse me?? Also, he knew we had no soul on Betnikh and was super casual about it... I am half convinced he's playing us and I have questions :D
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven’t seen Kireth and Raynor in a while, although there haven’t been much in the way Dwemer ruins in the last few zones so that’s understandable. Way back near launch I’d thought they’d died during that last fight in the main quest. :s

My friend and I did too, we were devastated! It was such a relief to find them in Wrothgar.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find many of the 'wanna be likable' NPCs have been overdone to the point of irritation - Lyris, Sai, Raz, Darien, ever dear Eveli.

Those I still like include Queen Ayrenn and Merric-at-Aswala.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love me some Zamarak
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tharayya

"In...relationships"

Line gets me every time. Love that she got a dlc.

Honorable mention: Kireth and Raynor.

And then there is The Augur. Arguably my favorite character- "wood is ridiculous!"

oh yeah, the Augur, I am so fond of his comments. "wood is ridiculous" he said in Stormhaven at the SW coastline "nothing should be made out of wood ... wood is ridiculous" - haha, I hear that all the time while swimming to the wooden ship wreck. He might actually have a point.

I like as well "... wiggling their tiny 8 legs ... isn't that creepy? ... Show me something with 8000 legs and I might get nervous". Rivenspire, SW part of the zone. In Rivenspire I like as well his excurse about those tiny worms, which consume memories of people - and he offers proof of that as in that you cannot remember your time as an infant wearing napkins.
    Edited by Lysette on March 31, 2022 1:55PM
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the quiet npc's that don't tell me their life's story. I'm just saying that quiet npc's need appreciation too.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many good NPCs here! I love a lot of them. Let's see who hasn't been mentioned...

Selveni Andalor from False Martyr's Folly in the Deadlands! He decides you're Sotha Sil in disguise and refuses to hear otherwise. Also Sotha Sil, he's my favourite Tribunal member.

King Bazrag from Orsinium. I liked him a lot. And his shield-wife Ulsha.

The Blackfeather Court. King Laloriaran Dynar, who gave me quite an emotional moment in the main quest. Wish we'd gotten more time and conversation with him. Abnur Tharn! I greatly enjoyed seeing him again in Elsweyr. I miss that old battlemage.

Mannimarco - not that I like his personality or anything but I love his character design and he has amazing voice acting. At one point in the Halls of Torment I encountered a bug that triggered one of his lines on repeat and I just ran up and down listening to him thunder "WHERE IS THE AMULET OF KINGS?!"
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The girl from cyrodillic collections in Lilmoth (Murkmire) is quite nice as well - I really like her voice - she is like most of her kind over the top, but always with an optimistic outlook and foolishly light-hearted.

Argonian traders on the roads have often really interesting voice acting and comments to make. And of course I will never forget the argonian merchant in Stros M'kai - "come, erect the spine of trade" - at lot of my characters grew up hearing him saying this. The marriage proposal of an argonian couple at the west gate of Lilmoth is something I hear often while passing by - as well nicely done. Speaking of couples, just reminded me of a couple sitting in a park in Stros M'kai - well they are cheaters and discuss how to murder her husband.

But there are as well those, where I would like to put a dagger in their guts and cut their throats - like the woman saying "hail, mighty warrior" in the NW part of Somerset - she has a really annoying voice. Same with the guard in Mournhold, this arrogant brat, "speak to me, before you enter Mournhold ... CITIZEN" - the way he says citizen makes me want to kill him.
    Edited by Lysette on March 31, 2022 2:26PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many good NPCs here! I love a lot of them. Let's see who hasn't been mentioned...

Selveni Andalor from False Martyr's Folly in the Deadlands! He decides you're Sotha Sil in disguise and refuses to hear otherwise. Also Sotha Sil, he's my favourite Tribunal member.

King Bazrag from Orsinium. I liked him a lot. And his shield-wife Ulsha.

The Blackfeather Court. King Laloriaran Dynar, who gave me quite an emotional moment in the main quest. Wish we'd gotten more time and conversation with him. Abnur Tharn! I greatly enjoyed seeing him again in Elsweyr. I miss that old battlemage.

Mannimarco - not that I like his personality or anything but I love his character design and he has amazing voice acting. At one point in the Halls of Torment I encountered a bug that triggered one of his lines on repeat and I just ran up and down listening to him thunder "WHERE IS THE AMULET OF KINGS?!"

i think mannimarco says that line frequently in there to kind of show hes torturing sai sahan, almost every room you go to "where is the amulet of kings?" followed by some other dialog/threat about what he (mannimarco) will do to his (sai's) friends lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Same with the guard in Mournhold, this arrogant brat, "speak to me, before you enter Mournhold ... CITIZEN" - the way he says citizen makes me want to kill him.

My favorite part of this is that I usually hear it when I'm exiting Mournhold after wayshrining into the middle of the city. :unamused:
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    My favorite part of this is that I usually hear it when I'm exiting Mournhold after wayshrining into the middle of the city. :unamused:

In the guard’s defense the Wayshrine used to be outside the city walls.

• emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My favorites are Velsa from the Thieves Guild and Meer-Ta from that group of argonians in Blackwood. I also really like Angof from Glenumbra, I think hugely in part because his voice actor (speaking for the german one) does an incredible job at voicing him, the voice is perfect for him and makes him sound so compelling.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorites are Velsa from the Thieves Guild and Meer-Ta from that group of argonians in Blackwood. I also really like Angof from Glenumbra, I think hugely in part because his voice actor (speaking for the german one) does an incredible job at voicing him, the voice is perfect for him and makes him sound so compelling.

i actually remember him more from that quest in coldharbour where you have to participate in that never-ending battle between angof, the kinlady, and the necromancer guy (i dont remember all their names lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014