The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Anniversary Jubilee Event"

• MadhatterGrammy
    Happy Birthday ESO!!! but now please fix the Login problem :neutral:
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday ESO!!! but now please fix the Login problem :neutral:

Yes please fix the current issues. I wasn't able to get the last 3 tickets from the jester event because I couldn't log in.
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a heads up to anyone buying grab bags, go around and get all of the uncollected style pages that are in the bags and learn them before you buy the bags. Then if you're looking for the Worm Cult motifs, those will be the only things in the loot pool!
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have fewer firepot spider parts please? I got 56 from 252 boxes today. That's a little excessive. I did start a thread about it in general discussions but sadly am not sure how to link to it.

Oh and more style pages please, 1 Sabrekeel page a day (max) is not enough, plenty of people will miss out on getting the full set, just like they missed out on the pig. Please look into this urgently

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Can we have fewer firepot spider parts please? I got 56 from 252 boxes today. That's a little excessive. I did start a thread about it in general discussions but sadly am not sure how to link to it.

Click the chain icon in the new post menu, insert the url in the box it indicates, and make sure the text you want is between the two url tags.

It should end up like this.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @WhiteCoatSyndrome for linking to my thread, much appreciated
  • EchoesofThunder
    EchoesofThunder
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it's too late for this event, but substituting a piece of the firepot pet, instead of more style pages, is worse than just giving nothing. Nobody wants to buy them, so you have to caps-lock and destroy stack after stack after stack of pet parts.
    Maybe, for next time, you could change this, and just draw a blank instead of making a worthless substitution?
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it's too late for this event, but substituting a piece of the firepot pet, instead of more style pages, is worse than just giving nothing. Nobody wants to buy them, so you have to caps-lock and destroy stack after stack after stack of pet parts.
    Maybe, for next time, you could change this, and just draw a blank instead of making a worthless substitution?

I thought maybe they might offer the pig parts as they messed up jesters so badly with the pig drops. Would cost them nothing really and really improve morale in the population.

I do wonder if they actually listen.

Pig drop rate non existent

Report, heard and acted upon maybe

Spider drop rate so high theres enough parts for everyone to make 100s of spiders a day lol

Bizzarre
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The anniversary event feels like a significant kick in the privates. The one motif that only comes from this event is now hidden behind tickets rather than available in the boxes.

The two unique things available are either limited to one per day (max) or so common that I've 86 from two days.

Yes really 86 bits of spider.

And this follows on from the Jesters Festival where those who wanted the pig essentially couldn't get it and those with it already couldn't help those without as it was changed to fragments.

And Zos have unfortunately gone quiet once more

The game is hemorrhaging players, i know more and more long term players that are not logging in daily any more, more and more are not even logging in.

Please start listening to your player base while you have some left. Stop listening to the one post that says all is OK and start listening to the hundreds of unhappy players, listen to them while they are still here, start communicating with them.

If you don't they will be gone and the game will follow, and that is sad.

This is the official thread of the event and no one has chosen to even acknowledge the huge numbers of spider parts we are getting and the poor decision that was made regarding the Sabrekeel style page.

Sooner or later someone at Zos will realise the incessant monetization of the game is what's destroying the game.

This was a great game, its lost its way these last two years. Stop looking at new account data and start looking at player retention data, it won't make for good reading.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been having not so much luck with spiders, so if you really really don't want the bits, I'd happily gratefully take one.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • XaraxDev
    XaraxDev
    ✭✭
    I have been enjoying the mats I get from the event but I enjoyed the past anniversary events more because we still had a crown sale to look forward to. I also remember every anniversary I've spent here because I share a bday with ESO. No idea why they have been such grinches lately. Theyve taken much from us this year, so this year I will cut down on my spending. My friends said they plan on doing the same. We have been very disappointed. I really hope the greed doesn't continue to grow. I think this was a bad bday for both of us ZOS :(.
  • Bobby
    Bobby
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe it was more than eight years ago that I was walking under the ocean during beta testing. Good times.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the Bag of Jubilee Yesteryear supposed to drop only items we have not collected yet, as for example the bag during the Mayhem event did?

If not, why are the dropped items bound on pickup then?
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @Comrade_Ogilvy we checked in with the team about your question. The Worm Cult Motif pages only come from the grab bags now. We need to update that achievement description. So thank you for catching that. A request has been put in for this.

The choice to rotate Worm Cult to a grab bag is in an effort to better manage the drop table for motifs and give a better chance at obtaining the pages through the usage of excess tickets. That being said, we have passed along your feedback to the appropriate teams to see how this can be addressed for next year's event.

@ZOS_Kevin

Thanks for the update.

The same issues as for the Hollowjack motif/Witches festival persist with this approach and Worm Cult motif:
    • this is only event in which the worm cult motif drops - they cannot be found elsewhere in game
    • impressario grab bag contents are account locked so cannot be traded
    • impressario route can be regarded as hiding the associated game achievement behind a paywall

I hope zos will consider re-introducing this motif in some other form going forward with future anniversary events, such as the festival writ approach used with the Witches Festival Hollowjack motifs.

Thanks
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Err Worm may meant to be hidden beind the box thing, but I had it drop just like any other motif when getting a regular purple reward box. (Also 0 spider parts...16 crafters...so you're just lucky there perhaps).
    Edited by merevie on April 5, 2024 7:44AM
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    Err Worm may meant to be hidden beind the box thing, but I had it drop just like any other motif when getting a regular purple reward box. [...]

And on top of that: for me it seems to be the most common motif I get out of the boxes.
    Two days into the event and I already have 2 axes, 1 belt, 3 boots, 1 bow, 1 chest, 1 daggers, 1 gloves, 1 helmets, 2 maces, 1 staves, 1 swords. None of the other motifs gave as many pages.

A bit excessive, perhaps? Or is it just me?

Ok, forget about this... :# Necro alarm...
    Edited by Myrnhiel on April 5, 2024 2:22PM
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so everyone is aware: This is a 2-year old thread that was resurrected! Some of what is posted here may be outdated.
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh... I didn't see that... :#

But I still think the droprate this year is excessive...
    Edited by Myrnhiel on April 5, 2024 2:25PM