The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should you be able to pack up a forward camp?

• gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes (why?)
    Nemeliom wrote: »
    @Nemeliom it seems you are forgetting the 5 min spawn timer on camps.

"20k AP isn't what it once was"

What? Lol. There are fewer people in cyro now due to the population cap decreasing over and over again. I remember fights with hundreds of people involved on each side. They resulted in more AP than ones now with 50 a side or whatever.

You are right 🤔
    I forgot about the spawn timer.

Does that change your opinion at all then?
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No (why?)

What? Lol. There are fewer people in cyro now due to the population cap decreasing over and over again. I remember fights with hundreds of people involved on each side. They resulted in more AP than ones now with 50 a side or whatever.

Maybe it wasn't then either; but it's near nothing for sure for me now.
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No (why?)
    I wouldn't mind if they were removed from the game again. Camps strongly favor the side with more numbers, I feel like it should take more than just numbers to win a fight.

I guess it depends on the numbers you run with and which side you're on. On our worst days in Ravenwatch we're still making 50k AP/hour, double that if we have low pop bonus since DC tends to have less people than the other factions.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (why?)
    20k isn't very much imo. You spread the responsibility out. Don't put them down if you are clearly rolling through the enemies. Etc.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No (why?)
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    You really think they would be able to make it so you could pack the thing away while other players simultaneously spawn there without one (or all) of you getting stuck in some kind of animation loop limbo?

Forward camps should be significantly cheaper, but players should also be less stingy. I've seen people moan about the costs of them then you watch their streams and they're sitting on 67mn of unspent AP. What are you saving up for? Are you building a treefort out of nothing but decoy elder scrolls in your house?

This - what happens to any dead trying to respawn at the camp while you try to pack it up? This sort of thing can happen already, where half the group loads in before the other half when a keep flags around the time of the port attempt. People could troll too, by putting a camp down then packing it over and over so people just fail trying to respawn there.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (why?)
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    You really think they would be able to make it so you could pack the thing away while other players simultaneously spawn there without one (or all) of you getting stuck in some kind of animation loop limbo?

Forward camps should be significantly cheaper, but players should also be less stingy. I've seen people moan about the costs of them then you watch their streams and they're sitting on 67mn of unspent AP. What are you saving up for? Are you building a treefort out of nothing but decoy elder scrolls in your house?

This - what happens to any dead trying to respawn at the camp while you try to pack it up? This sort of thing can happen already, where half the group loads in before the other half when a keep flags around the time of the port attempt. People could troll too, by putting a camp down then packing it over and over so people just fail trying to respawn there.

Yup. Your buddy on your other alliance could continually drop and pick up a camp blocking anyone else from putting one down. Never under estimate the NEFARIOUS strats of trolls!
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
    Options