The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 33 - Feedback Thread for Housing & Furnishings

• SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every year people ask for smaller houses, and every year ZOS doesn't listen. Kind of hard to want to give feedback when it's clear no one actually listens to it.
  • Hunterka71
    Hunterka71
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, speaking of windows.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno There are two windows that I found to test - Fargrave Window Grand medalion and Fargrave window medalion.
    The big one lets in sunny patch of light and the smaller one a bluish patch of light. Can we have 2 pairs of those?
    Like Fargrave window golden grand medalion and Fargrave window golden medalion - for the sunny light and - Fargrave window blue grand medalion and Fargrave window blue medalion - for the bluish one?
    That would be also great way to pretend all nigh or all day in houses with no outside :)
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunterka71 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno There are two windows that I found to test - Fargrave Window Grand medalion and Fargrave window medalion.
    The big one lets in sunny patch of light and the smaller one a bluish patch of light. Can we have 2 pairs of those?
    Like Fargrave window golden grand medalion and Fargrave window golden medalion - for the sunny light and - Fargrave window blue grand medalion and Fargrave window blue medalion - for the bluish one?
    That would be also great way to pretend all nigh or all day in houses with no outside :)

Yes, that would be my request as well!

I would like to use the smaller window in Redguard houses or other places, and I want it to cast sunlight not oblivion-magical-place light (which is great, but it has its uses)
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • JEii14
    JEii14
    Soul Shriven
    For some reason, when I open the “Ascending Tide Recipe Envelope” I get the same content as the “Deadlands Recipe Envelope” as if they’re copies of each other just different names. I don’t get the new furnishings recipes. Tried making a new character and still had the same issue. However, I was able to see the new structural pieces through the housing editor but would like to see the actual list of furnishings we could obtain through the envelope, please and thank you.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow this place is pretty darned big, especially if they don't change anything. You could even say it is something else, something mysterious, something out of this world.

;) The landing party have set up camp, have set up their flags and are ready to seek the source of the Betnikh bubbles.
    2fr4oqT.png
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

Yes, that would be my request as well!

I would like to use the smaller window in Redguard houses or other places, and I want it to cast sunlight not oblivion-magical-place light (which is great, but it has its uses)

@ZOS_GinaBruno Totally agree. It would be nice to be able to use both the large and small windows in the same house and have them reflecting the same color light, either color would be fine but I do like the orange (sunlight) look. Thanks!
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be some weird and probably silly seeming feedback, especially because of its paradoxical nature.

I love the aquarium vibe of the one room and being able to walk out on the ocean floor outside.. it's very cool seeing the sunken ship and the coral and fishes and look up to the sky above from the ocean floor.
    However.. the bridge and "shield" crossing over the trench....
    that black abyss.. trips my thalassophobia.
    I can't buy this house because of that alone.

Not asking it to change, since reality is it saves me money having a disqualifying feature like that..

But it is specifically that pitch black abyss trench that makes it so I will refuse to buy what is otherwise a very interesting player home.

I know rationally there's nothing to fear about the abyss in the video game, it can't really hurt me, and the devs didn't program some giant sea horror to come up from the trench to eat my character.. and really it's only a visual thing because the actual floor is the shield that you walk across...
    but that's phobias for you, they're not rational.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimmer wrote: »
    Also, while this is my absolute favorite house in game…I feel like the entire top part (which is absolutely massive in terms of boundaries) is useless space because in order to walk over to different areas you would waste galactic TON of furnishing spaces to build bridges etc. I feel like this area should have that magic barrier over top the water like in the dome below (there’s two sections with water on either side of the bridge in the dome that has some magic barrier you can walk on)

Please don't. My friend wants to get it so she can build a flotilla of handmade ships out on the water. It is genuinely the only house we have gotten that has such a large body of water where you can do this.

Maybe it would be better to have a ring of land around the outskirts of the map, and just have a few gaps out to the open ocean that can be easily spanned with bridges?
    Edited by Wolf_Eye on February 5, 2022 12:55AM
  • Erorah
    Erorah
    ✭✭✭
    https://esolog.uesp.net/itemLink.php?itemid=184110&summary&version=33pts

Verdant Anenome, Strong is spelled incorrectly.

Ingame item is also spelled incorrectly:

Verdant Anenome, Strong

Thank you
    Editor: UESP.net > HOUSING! 📔 https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Furnishings
  • TricksterToons
    TeruKisuke wrote: »

I have one bug report right off from the house.

When you enter the middle back area in the house there is a walkway that goes over a bridge. The underwater view that you can stand on and look down is really pretty with the bubbles and fish and stuff. But there is a surface glitch (I think not intentional) that causes a blink from brightly lit animated ripples on the surface to clear glass. The clear glass is preferable in my opinion...so much easier to see bubbles etc. Even if the ripples are the choice of the designers...the blink is really annoying. I attach an image of what the water does in off and on blinks.

Forgot the shots!dcv41wiibiso.png
    fabndb897fcq.png

I think that's meant to be an effect to show that it's a magical barrier much like the dome around the area, to show that it's solid. Not a glitch. It fades in and out.

Yes but this is a fast blink rather than fading in and out.
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for Housing, including the new home, furnishings, and functionality. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • What did you think of the new home (Seaveil Spire) currently on the PTS for testing?
    • Did you try out any of the new furnishings? Did any stand out to you?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

I really love Seaveil Spire as an underwater home. It scratches my Maomer itch. I loved the water rooms completely. I was not impressed with the Furnished version of it. It's just tables, chairs, boxes and book cases, rinse and repeat. Oh and one tiny bed. I'd not buy it furnished.

I did not try any new furnishings.

The Seaveil house is very inspiring as an opportunity to build some truly fantastical scenes.
  • DreadGrrl
    DreadGrrl
    Soul Shriven
    Overall, I quite like Seaveil Spire. My personal plans for the house don’t actually require really any furnishings in the largest room. So in this case, I’m not actually worried about the item limit.

I do feel that the largest room is just too blue, and I find it uncomfortable to my eyes to spend much time in it. As that’s where I’m planning on putting my parsing dummies, the eye strain may be too great to actually do much parsing in it.

I would like it if I could place interactive furnishings (chests, aetherial well, bankers, assistants, etc.) on the partially submerged walkway between the entrance to the house and the whirlpool to the interior of the house: without having to construct any platforms. I’m going to have to either a) sacrifice the aesthetic I want for convenience, or b) endure a second loading screen to access the utilities I want quick access to. I can place these furnishings on top of the walkway’s “railing,” but it looks stupid.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you think of the new home (Seaveil Spire) currently on the PTS for testing?
    Overall, its a different and interesting home! I do not mind large homes too much if they aren't just a massive home. I
    can ignore any unwanted largeness if they are open property. Love the expansive top area, although it does need
    a bit more finishing with textures and floating plants. The underground two areas where you can view the ocean are a j
    joy, although please have more swimming fish ! Not, just small fish, but perhaps a large creature or two? One room has
    no fish at all and that seems very un-natural. My biggest complaint of this house is that the other parts of the basic
    architecture seems rather too dark and ponderous for me.

Did you try out any of the new furnishings? Did any stand out to you?
    Didn't encounter them yet. Sure do hope that there are more CRAFTABLE building and furnishing pieces! Hope, too,
    that they actually drop at a reasonable RNG rate!

Do you have any other general feedback?
    More craftable furnishings that aren't hid behind impossible RNG rates, please! Keep up the idea of providing
    different and imaginative housing and consider letting people put a wayshrine in their rather large homes!
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TeruKisuke wrote: »

I have one bug report right off from the house.

When you enter the middle back area in the house there is a walkway that goes over a bridge. The underwater view that you can stand on and look down is really pretty with the bubbles and fish and stuff. But there is a surface glitch (I think not intentional) that causes a blink from brightly lit animated ripples on the surface to clear glass. The clear glass is preferable in my opinion...so much easier to see bubbles etc. Even if the ripples are the choice of the designers...the blink is really annoying. I attach an image of what the water does in off and on blinks.

Forgot the shots!dcv41wiibiso.png
    fabndb897fcq.png

I think that's meant to be an effect to show that it's a magical barrier much like the dome around the area, to show that it's solid. Not a glitch. It fades in and out.

Yes but this is a fast blink rather than fading in and out.

"The barrier effects for the windows in the viewing room of Seaveil Spire are currently missing and will appear in a future PTS patch."

This was from the patch notes. I'm guessing the viewing room will no longer have that crystal clear glass to look through too.
  • JEii14
    JEii14
    Soul Shriven
    After week 2 update, the aquarium home is still missing some textures. If you swim around the back of the house instead of going down the whirlpool, you’ll notice some large rocks/mountains without textures. They just appear white. A simply fix could be to have slaughter fish kill us before we get all the way back there lol but it’s actually nice around the back.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think there’s a Sheogorath spawn portal in my back yard. I was testing out sets and skills on a target dummy at the antiquarian gallery and kept seeing people show up and leave. Finally SkinnyCheeks showed up and messaged “how did I get here?” He was just logging in and found himself in my house like so many others, they’re not trying to be there on purpose or anything
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on February 14, 2022 3:14PM
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed! Why not just give us two versions of the same thing for once! No, I *don't* want another blue window or light! For once, give me normal, regular, yellow light in different versions. >.< Thank you!