The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 33 - Feedback Thread for Housing & Furnishings

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Housing, including the new home, furnishings, and functionality. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • What did you think of the new home (Seaveil Spire) currently on the PTS for testing?
  • Did you try out any of the new furnishings? Did any stand out to you?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 31, 2022 6:45PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    I am just looking in Patch Notes (will delve into PTS later) and data-mine images, but I want to thank you for listening for our requests regarding furnishings: the gryphon nest and Auri-El eagle statue. Very much appreciated!
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Cheyenne
    Cheyenne
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm being honest, I love the 2 rooms with the water views. I hate the rest of the gigantic house.

If I could zone right into one of those 2 rooms with the view of the water and just block off the rest, I would buy it in a heartbeat, but instead I have to run what feels like a mile to get to them.

If these gigantic houses are all we're really going to get from now on, I would love to have something that allows us to place the point of entry wherever we want (like Rift has for their housing) so we can decorate the areas we want without having to run through useless space.

This will have to be another pass for me again, unfortunately.

Edited to add that I don't want to be negative Nancy and I really do love those 2 water rooms. Kudos to the team for that. I'm just so disappointed that time after time we get these huge places that just cannot be decorated with the item limits currently in place, which means having to block off large sections. In some cases, that works out okay if the areas of interest are towards the zone-in spot. If they're far away like this one, though, it's not worth the pain of trying to make it work (for me personally). I'm just disappointed. :(
    Edited by Cheyenne on January 31, 2022 7:28PM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Many cool new things, but wonΒ΄t use/get them because the furnishing limit in all categories is too low. It is a shame you guys keep releasing housing content that we cannot use because of the limitations you are enforcing.
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    When previewing 'Praxis: Deadlands Puzzle Cube', the preview places you high in the air, above the preview plane. You can't move the camera nor see the item.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if the changes you made to the mirrors and different versions of the player houses work correctly. After I left the game, and then returned back to my house, there was always someone. And to be more precise, I have suspicions that it was I who appeared not in my own house, but in someone else's. It's hard for me to say exactly, but it happened in a new house, as well as in a alpine gallery.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    What did you think of the new home (Seaveil Spire) currently on the PTS for testing?

Way too large and the outside is pieced together rather sloppily, there's a trail of floating shrubs connected to nothing lol
    One side of the entrance allows to build out to a very long degree while another is short...
    some visual bugs on the water and some height inconsistency inside the main middle dome area.

Did you try out any of the new furnishings? Did any stand out to you?

The fargrave structure pieces are gorgeous but why are so many of them purple quality? feels like rng is going to knock our teeth in. Can we just the same drop table as market dailies please.
    The nedic pieces are cool but feel like those can be in lux vendor since they are basically from craglorn and we're having to pay for them again.

Do you have any other general feedback?

perhaps the new home could use some sand in the entrance area, so at least people who want to build a custom home on the top will have a little more room.
  • Vuskuldein
    Vuskuldein
    ✭✭
    The water rooms of Seaveil are cool enough but with the the rest of the house it's just way too big considering its furnishing limit. Players have been asking for an increased cap for ages, but the new house really takes the biscuit, it's gonna look sparse even with the current cap maxed, imo.

Happy about the added Fargrave pieces (FG is my favourite place in the entire game) Not related to this update exactly, but unless I'm mistaken, the crystals in Fargrave make a noise, the housing version of them doesn't. It would be nice if there was a toggle for that?
    Edited by Vuskuldein on January 31, 2022 11:40PM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    https://youtu.be/i7AlvWDIDGk

This is my first play about on the PTS - I love the house. I would do a lot more right now but for time restrictions. I noticed in the largest water room (over the bridge) right at the back when you look up into the water at the very edge the water line doesn't meet the land/edge and leaves a gap that looks obvious. Other than that haven't seen any issues.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Its definitely a really beautiful space but yeesh it's just so big, not sure if I will invest in yet another monster house at this point. The item limit makes using the space as one would envision really just not possible and it gets kind of frustrating having to compromise so much.

Please reconsider offering more unique, mid and smaller sized houses with moderate property / gardens outside.

Will keep hope for one such more moderate sized home in the new zone.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want to chime in and agree with what @Cheyenne said. Many housing aficionados have been asking for the ability to set a spawn point inside player homes for a long time. I understand the housing item limit can affect performance. Please, please pass on to the dev teams that adding a "point of entry" spawn would VASTLY improve housing in ESO. I promise that would be a hugely welcoming change, and would make it to where housing item limits would be easier to work around. Honestly, from a marketing standpoint, it would likely increase sales of expensive homes that players avoid because they feel they can't decorate the whole thing. Many if not most players who are into housing frequently block off portions of their homes so they can more adequately focus on a particular area. Point of entry spawns could teleport a player directly where they need to be in a house so that building or closing off areas is not even necessary (wasting more item slots on curtailing player direction basically). For example, my latest project was a massive tree house in an elven city, inspired a bit by Lothlorien and Mirkwood from Lord of the Rings. The tree house is six stories tall because it is the royal family's home. It starts in Moon Sugar Meadow. First two floors are the throne room and dining hall. Then because I ran out of space, I used EHT to add a portal to another home, Hall of the Lunar Champion. Here is where Point of Entry would be useful. This house features the next two floors (library and one set of bedrooms), but I have to block off the rest of the house so that players know to go a certain way. I could save space by having them spawn at the staircase. Now because HOTLC has a short height limit, the last two floors need to be in a different house. My fiance bought Moon Sugar. 200 or so furnishings are literally wasted on creating a massive staircase that takes you to the height that the fifth and sixth floors need to be at, relative to my Moon Sugar home. This could be entirely avoided by adding Point of Entry, which we would use to spawn people at the top of the staircase leading you into the fifth floor. The rest of those furnishings would be used instead to cover all of Moon Sugar in trees to make it look like a forest. Thanks for considering this and hearing our feedback :)
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Futerko
    Futerko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the old bug is back

bo43vin39osd.png
    356ewxoehqor.png

house was closed for visitors and as you can see on screenshot its possible for people to tp there

YOUTUBE CHANNEL HOUSING/OUTFITS

GM Aetherius Art - Housing Guild (PC EU)
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Im not sure if this is intentional or not, im assuming not... But there is a ton of floating shrubbery, coral, etc all over the top outside part.upnbuyx6fkm0.png
    tobr3ptnbhlg.png
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Also, while this is my absolute favorite house in game…I feel like the entire top part (which is absolutely massive in terms of boundaries) is useless space because in order to walk over to different areas you would waste galactic TON of furnishing spaces to build bridges etc. I feel like this area should have that magic barrier over top the water like in the dome below (there’s two sections with water on either side of the bridge in the dome that has some magic barrier you can walk on)
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Erorah
    Erorah
    ✭✭✭
    What did you think of the new home (Seaveil Spire) currently on the PTS for testing?

- I will agree with the above as well.
    - The house is simply beautiful, the creators are formidable. Is it too big? WAY MORE THAN BIG. It is the same reason why I have not purchased the Colossal Grotto either.. I learned my lesson with the Earthtear Cavern... While these, like the Moon Sugar Meadow have lots of space to build custom homes and create unique structures, any existing house structure is not 'furnishable' without blocking off swaths of space. Want to make things huge? Make more Moon Sugar Meadows.. Give us Land Plots. Forests, SeaScapes, Grain Plains... Do not want to increase the item limit? Give is Furnishable Homes. 3 BR, 2 Bth, gardens and a shed! I can furnish that. ;)
    - EQII had house Portals.. They were pads that could be placed in the house, one in one place, and the other in another area. A guest could step on the pad and be teleported to the other place in the home. This was especially helpful for the HUGE GUILD HALLS - which btw, I am still waiting for the ability to buy a guild hall that is a Guild Hall ;) Anyway, these pads were also Craftable, and there was a max number of them that were allowed in each home [may have been 4 pairs or something].

- That all said, the water areas in the back of the Seaveil home below, [that you can walk on] shimmer in an undulating manner... if this can be turned off to just a shimmer.. or perhaps off altogether, it would help those of us who have visual difficulty with 'moving objects' in our periphery [the movements make us 'queezy'].

- So far, I have only found the items in the Housing Editor. The Ascending Tide Writ Recipe Envelope has the 7 new furnishings and not the recipes [though I am sure I can go pick them up from Rolis].
    - The Ascending Tide Recipe Envelope is full of the Deadlands / Fargrave Recipes from the last cycle. There are no new recipes in there.
    - As for acquiring the Recipes, Drop Rates have been ABYSMAL! I am not one to purchase what I should be finding myself. Yet there are still SO MANY plans that I have yet to find as they are so BLOODY RARE! Want to take money out of the economy? Give us more items to buy with Gold through the game. But damn if I should spend 8 million gold on 1 plan that some fellow who never Crafts or Decorates is selling on a Trader. And it is because there is only 1!! Housing and the plans to decorate need not be this EXCLUSIVE.. That is what Godslayer is for.
    - The Puzzle Cube is a tad difficult to look at in the Viewer. It is a bit too close and the animation gets cut off.
    - The Minnow School is way too high in the Viewer, and the top of this also gets cut off.

- More Crafting Please. More things for me to make, find, create, quest, and use for my homes. More shapes... You are getting there and I am so incredibly proud of the creators for the items they are making. I looked at them in the Housing Editor, as I said, and they are gorgeous!
    - More outdoor elements in shapes, such as GRASSY SQUARE, DIRT SQUARE, SAND SQUARE, WATER SQUARE, [and also Circle].
    - More BLOCKS, PLANKS, BRICKS, Uniform shapes and not broken. Short, Wide, Tall, Long...
    - More Walls to match Existing Homes - as a perfect example - Thieves Oasis Walls, Leyawiin Walls, Non-Waiscotted.

Until I think of more, or find other things... THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONTINUED EFFORTS. THEY ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED BY MYSELF AND I AM SURE, BY THE COMMUNITY.

PS> Clockwork Apartment in The Brass Fortress FTW please :)
    Editor: UESP.net > HOUSING! πŸ“” https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Furnishings
  • Erorah
    Erorah
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and Furnishings Materials Surveys please...
    I would love to have Crafting Surveys either include Furnishing Materials in the chance or have Furnishing Materials Surveys.

And while I am thinking of this, though it is before I have had a chance to check the new recipes, may we please touch on the disparity in Furnishing Materials needed for items?

- Redoran Spoon, Wooden: 127070, Hearth, Utensils - Turpen 6, Obsidian 10, Heartwood 8, Decorative Wax 5
    - Orcish Platform, Stage: 119036, Structures, Platforms - Turpen 6, Manganese 10, Heartwood 7, Regulus 5, Alchemical Resin 5.

There is a Quality similarity, but the size disparity makes the former ridiculous.
    I would like a bit more thought put into what actually MAKES an item. I mean SCALE DOWN the smaller things, NOT increase the larger ;)
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    My current feedback:

1) the new "house": it is gorgeous, but why create such impractically large houses? It is way too large to properly decorate.
    Why release only huge houses and not medium sized ones as well?

2) the new furnishings: they are awesome. I hope you are planning to add more windows. But why have only blue light from these windows? Couldn't we have a variant with sunlight for Tamriel use? Please revisit some of the older styles with updates such as this. We need windows for the Leyawiin style, or Breton, since we are going to High Isle. Why not release some interior structural furnishings such as ceilings and wooden floors? People have been asking a lot for the Leyawiin lacquered wooden floor.
    2.1) An EASEL! Finally, after so many years! Thank you!

3) Other feedback:
    - please consider a wayshrine furnishing and portals for moving inside these very large houses! It will allow us to create more possibilities, like building high towers or secret areas accessible only by portal. The wayshrine would save some loading screens and will teleport us in the area of the house that is more important to us.
    - the new houses are too large in my opinion. An other issue is how scarce the furnishings materials are compared to the demand, having so many new furnishing plans compared to years ago. It is frustrating to gather enough mats to fully decorate even a medium house (I am a veteran player).
    - the furnishing sets released with each DLC always have important missing elements, such as mentioned above (2). Many people want to be able to build a house from the ground up, using the visuals we see in game. After buying several houses made by your devs, I want to build my own from scratch, but I can't do that only if I combine styles and do all kinds of visual compromises.
    - since many new furnishings are acquired with vouchers, I think it's time to do something about the writs none wants to do, such as the jewelry or clothing, or the ones requiring potent nirncrux.
    - the houses need more interactions, like adding traps, teleporters, jumping/moving platforms or grappling hooks, because other than showing off or minimal crafting, there is little to do in houses, and it is a pity, because it is an amazing part of this game. Please consider this. The arena house was a step in the right direction, but not everyone wants to duel or pvp.
    - I am hoping for less instanced rooms in the upcoming houses. Why do we need to teleport into small rooms in 2022, especially since we have these nice new doors?
    Edited by kind_hero on February 1, 2022 9:29PM
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The outer edges of the surface level don't appear to have been finished.

Firstly the terrain on the map doesn't line up with what's actually there, you can see around the edges of this screenshot I'm actually still swimming but it looks like I'm on the land. This happens almost all the way around the western and northern edges.
    JjyaPAnh.png

Secondly there's some areas of visibly unfinished terrain around the outsides:
    mmtdvCVh.png
    osNjHVUh.png
    6FdEimrh.png

I realise the intention is probably for players to just use the interior and maybe a bit of the middle at the surface level, but it's still disappointing to see the rest wasn't even filled in. You can swim all the way around Grand Torpal Hideaway and even the far side of the island where there's no accessible terrain at least looks like a finished map. For the price these houses cost that's the least I'd expect.

On the plus side you get a lot of open space on the surface. I was able to start at the top of one of the rocky parts around the edge and roughly stack 29 Leyawiin Stairway, Wooden before I hit the top of the map (part way up the 29th).
    zfMeW8Jh.png
    vDhAQHLh.png

Of course the water makes doing anything with it tricky, but I'm sure some people will enjoy it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love Seaveil Spire -- but too big there's no way I could furnish it adequately due to limits.

I would love to see some coastline on the surface of the lake, so people could build little shacks or campfire spaces, moor some boats etc.

It's so giant, could you put some canoes or something near the entrance that fast-travel the player to other sides of the lake? To a matching canoe for instance.

Would also love additional entrances to the main house on other parts of the surface lake. If I start building up there using all that amazing space, I'd have to F5 back to the entrance in order to go inside since it's miles away.
    PC NA
  • Hunterka71
    Hunterka71
    ✭✭✭

Gorgeous, truly, the team has outdone themselves :) sure, some bugs and unpolished things like pointed above, but I will gladly visit it whenever I have a chance.
    Sadly, a no buy for me, the ususal story - space to slots ratio. Still waiting for a medium like snowglobe one.

I'm really happy with the structural furniture, though cringe at the thought of doing dailies for it again. We always need more widnows, that's for sure. And those fish, and aquariums;)
    What I liked mostly was that dune furniture. I dream of adding some beach to Hunding's. Not the right shape but good direction of thinking ;)

I hope with this isle expansion we can get some flat patches of sand to extend or build from scratch some beaches in other houses. Flat is the key word here, occasional pebble or shell would be a bonus.
    Also I think adding some furniture for fishing, even if only in that zone, would be nice, some new colourful shells or corals, or a bottle with a letter.

I would also love to see more medium houses, crown is OK, I will buy for crowns, just as I bought the meadow and snowglobe. But slots/space ratio is much better in 600 slot medium or even large (like say Alinor town one) but NOT THOSE MONSTROSITIES, beautiful as they are.

I think it's a great opportunity to add that MEDIUM SUMMERSET HOUSE that is long overdue, preferably on an island en route to the High Isle. With reasonable space outiside and a piece of beach.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has taken a look around.

She is tempted to purchase just to build on the outside. This one hopes the watery area above ground remains as large and as accessible as it is now and no slaughterfish or invisible walls are introduced.

For this though she would need two additional furnishings:

A large, flat, circular patch of sand - the curved one presently is quite hard to place and stack to create a landmass.

A large, flat, circular patch of coral or stone. The present large coral shelf is quite lumpy.

The inside is large and beautiful however she would prefer the large bridge be replaced by something more organic and natural - in fact she wishes the interior space had largely been left organic and natural. Natural caves are beautiful as they are.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh my. So I have a lot of mixed thoughts and feelings on this house.

Ignoring the obvious problem that it seems like some objects / terrain are missing from the houses' outer edges above the water, I'm going to get into the good things first.

This house is gorgeous, in its own right, and something different than anything we've gotten so far, except for the Xanmeer House, since they obviously share the concept of the "magical walls creating an underwater aquarium". And I love the concept.

I lied - I will get into one disappointment. The concept is more or less the same, which takes away some of the "Wow" factor that we had with the Xanmeer house. But I understand why its been repeated. Xanmeer is a swamp. This house is an ocean. Same concept, different biomes, similar but not exact execution.

That said, its a wonderful house in that regard. The underwater viewing is magically sublime, and I love how you can "walk" across the top of the dark trench. Simply wonderful.

Before I get into the "Bad" of how big this house is, let me get into the Good part of it.

This is a house that is versatile, in its own ways. You could choose to build above the water just as easily as below it. There's plenty of space to do so, and I see many, many "Housing Tours" with custom villages built on the waters' surface and around the stone structures of this Atlantean-esque house. We certainly have most of the pieces we'd need for it with the games' many, many structural furnishings that've been released over the years now, especially some of the Murkmire reed walkways and others.

Just as well, you can ignore the top entirely and just decorate the bottom under-sea areas, and not suffer anything for leaving the top bare.

In that way, you can treat this house as a traditional House Furnishing project, or you can treat it as an open-lot house similar to others like Coldharbour Surreal Estate, Moonsugar Meadow, Stillwaters, and the like. I think if they were looking to create a house with different options, they pretty much hit the nail on the head.

For people who may have been looking to create a "Sea-side Village", this house is probably going to be a godsend. Or maybe there's some niche Sea Sload or Maomer roleplayers out there who are dying for this house.

Now for the bad.

This house suffers from the same thing we keep trying to drill into ZOS again and again and again.

Its. Too. Damn. Big.

I dare say, this might be THE biggest house we have to date. A lot of this big space could be ignored, of course. A lot of it is in the sky or on top of the water and around the back of the towers.

However, even inside, ignoring the outside, there is just so much space. I don't think I really need to beat a dead horse yet again on why that is an issue. We've been talking about it for years.

And lastly, an extra bit of conflicted feelings. This house is a tease.

You give us a vast ocean house and expect us NOT to want to dive into its waters and explore every nook and cranny and coral reef? This house makes me long for the ability to swim underwater, not just walk under a magic bubble. For shame. (I'm kidding! Sort of...)

As someone with a terrible weakness for aquariums and underwater viewing, its a shame I have to give this house a hard "Pass". Its a beautiful house. Its a wonderful concept. I'm sure some people will have the perfect ideas for how to utilize it.

Sadly, that person is not me.

I really like some of the new plants, especially the blue glowing mushrooms, albeit not for under-sea purposes lol

I REALLY love the new Nedic benches though! I'll definitely be getting some when they go live, with or without the house.

The new Misc "Minnow School" item is also pretty neat! I can see it coming in handy in some places.

The Jellyfish are also a cool idea, but the visual just... idk. It doesn't feel "right" to me. Like it needs another pass. It definitely LOOKS like an attempt at a special effect instead of like actual jellyfish. The minnow feel spot on though.

The Bubbles of Aeration are absolutely perfect though! Just the right amount of distortion, fun little bubbles, but the sound effects are what really sells it. Amazing work!

Still no Deadlands Drawbridge? That's a real shame.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    β—™ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    β—™ Gloam Indrik
    β—™ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    β—™ /honorloop emote
    β—™ cross-legged sitting emote
    β—™ Evergloam house
    β—™ Hagraven Polymorph
    β—™ Hagraven Houseguest
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    I love the new home, its size both above and under is perfect although I did report some graphic issues. We will need more Nedic themed furniture thou :)

All the new furnishings especially Fargrave ones are amazing, I can build a real Bazaar town now. The amount of structured pieces are getting much better now, bigger the better because I like to build things from scratch.

I'm actually here once again to just say, can we get some kind of switch for our homes so we can mount up and ride in them? It would be great to host our own tournaments, derby days especially with High Isle looking like we have some kind of Jousting themes. This would be epic!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • DuckFayth
    DuckFayth
    ✭✭✭
    House Server Optimizations
    This update includes some optimizations for when many people are in their own versions of the same home at the same time. These changes take place behind the scenes and should not impact your experience in your home at all. Zone chat, furnishing placement, combat, and all other aspects of housing should continue to work as before (the servers will just be a bit happier about it!)

To be safe, we’d like you to keep an eye out for any new or unusual behaviors in housing during this PTS cycle, particularly when many copies of a home are active at once. For this reason, we are starting this PTS with only the new Seaveil Spire home for sale, to help concentrate testing into a single home with as many personal copies active as possible. In a future PTS patch, we will re-enable purchase of other homes to allow for wider testing.!

I've noticed myself and many others loading in to different instances of our own homes. Initially, people were freaked out saying that all of their furnishings were gone. It clicked yesterday when I loaded in to a Sweetwater Cascade house that had structures built in to it, and the house was decorated. This wasn't my house, this was someone else's! I was unable to change anything about the furnishings or break anything that I could tell. I also wasn't able to see or find the home's owner in the instance.

I was unable to actually travel to my own version of the house. When I attempted to travel in from the Housing tab I was met with a load screen that lasted about 25 minutes (I even went and did dishes and came back) before I force closed the app.

I love the house but as many others pointed out, there is a lot of floating coral off in the distance. I understand that we're probably not intended to build that far back, but no world border exists to keep us away from it and "in bounds".
  • CrystalShard
    CrystalShard
    ✭✭

The idea of an underwater house is cool but the way it is implemented doesn't appeal to me. The glaring issue is of course unfinished terrain and floating objects. Instead of the Nedic architecture I would have preferred the Ceporah Tower style, which always gives me magical, underwater vibes. This could have been a beautiful refuge for a mage but instead we ended up with another dark and dank ruin.
    I admit, there is a lot of room for creativity because we can focus on decorating the inside or the outside, however the house is just ridiculously large and there is no way to decorate the whole thing and not have it look sparse. The water rooms are the best parts of the house.

The Fargrave structural items are awesome, definitely the highlight of the update! The easel and bubbles are also great additions. I noticed that the Fargrave door is missing the door handle on one side.

We need less gigantic houses and more medium and large ones. It's been repeated ad nauseam.
    Please add structural furnishings of base game assets and vanilla races' styles, they also deserve attention. Preferably a new vendor in capital cities who sells the plans or furnishings themselves.
    We're also missing vampiric furnishing documents. The Skyrim one is misleading because it only gives Solitude plans!
    Edited by CrystalShard on February 2, 2022 5:14PM
  • step9372
    step9372
    ✭✭✭
    Like the house. The idea is awesome. But...

One of the reasons I LOVE Doomchar Plataeu is that the place feels alive because of all the daedra moving about. Ash Titans flying overhead, giant Harvester swimming around in the lava, giant Ruinach near the Daedric structure, Watchers watching above the islets. The place feels like you are in The Deadlands.

With this place, because of the vast scale of the water areas, the "aquarium" feels very empty. Yes, there are some small fish swimming about and some bubbles rising - and then only in the area around the octagonal aquarium wing.

What I would absolutely love to see is some larger sea life and one very large critter like a mega-shark or giant squid or better yet let your designers go hog wild and come up with a Tamrielic version of some prehistoric critter like a mosasaur and have them all swimming around the entire property.

If this happened, this property would probably be an instant buy for me.
    PC NA. Arrived in Tamriel April 2017. CP2500+. 13 Characters. Housing addict.
  • TricksterToons
    TricksterToons
    ✭✭
    I think the house is beautiful and while I understand some of the criticisms about it, I think the big round rooms with the aquariums are just stellar! I do sometimes wish the entry point was a bit closer to the actual house...I find myself running a long time to get to my front door, lol.

I have one bug report right off from the house.

When you enter the middle back area in the house there is a walkway that goes over a bridge. The underwater view that you can stand on and look down is really pretty with the bubbles and fish and stuff. But there is a surface glitch (I think not intentional) that causes a blink from brightly lit animated ripples on the surface to clear glass. The clear glass is preferable in my opinion...so much easier to see bubbles etc. Even if the ripples are the choice of the designers...the blink is really annoying. I attach an image of what the water does in off and on blinks.

With regard to furnishings...I think it would be really helpful for the team to consider as dungeons and trials keep being added, that the 110 limit to collectible furnishings is increasingly annoying. I like to have a merchant, a banker, one chest at least (more would be nicer), and both the normal plaques and the busts from vet content displayed as part of my main home's decor. This is not possible any longer. I can think of several options if it is a server side consideration...or some financial motivation?

1. Change the number of collectible furnishings allowed to a higher number.
    2. Treat them as any other furnishing with the total hard limit remaining static.
    3. Increase the total number of furnishings to include collectibles to a higher amount.
    4. Consider some sort of bonus option that players can buy that increases the number of total slots the way that ESO plus already does for total numbers allowed. (Don't be mad other players, it's just an option)
    5. change normal dungeon collectibles to regular furnishings and just have the vet content busts be counted as collectibles?

• TricksterToons
    TricksterToons
    ✭✭

When you enter the middle back area in the house there is a walkway that goes over a bridge. The underwater view that you can stand on and look down is really pretty with the bubbles and fish and stuff. But there is a surface glitch (I think not intentional) that causes a blink from brightly lit animated ripples on the surface to clear glass. The clear glass is preferable in my opinion...so much easier to see bubbles etc. Even if the ripples are the choice of the designers...the blink is really annoying. I attach an image of what the water does in off and on blinks.

Forgot the shots!dcv41wiibiso.png
    fabndb897fcq.png
  • caede
    caede
    Soul Shriven
    The house is far too big for 700 furnishing slots - the only practical way to furnish it is to make portions of the house inaccessible. But for houses that are 10k+ crowns, this isn't sensible at all - why spend so much money on a house you can't fully use? I won't buy this house unless it has a significantly higher limit for furnishings - there are several other houses I would buy in a heartbeat if we could actually fill them up. I can't emphasize enough that size does not equal worth when it comes to houses as long as the furnishing limit does not increase correspondingly.

I LOVE the structural pieces - the windows are FABULOUS!!! BUT - you can't put a window on a wall and have it appear on both sides of the wall because the window isn't deep enough. This poses a problem when custom-building a house. Please please please please please please make the windows deeper - they look SO good and I want to use them, but not if it requires using one on either side of a wall.

Please give us more options for music/audio in our houses! I enjoy the music boxes, but we have so many and there is only so much variation. I would love to see a bard houseguest, such as Dahiin in Rimmen. Alternately, being able to assign emotes to houseguests (including /lute or /qanun) as part of their path would add to the ambiance.

Thank you for all you do!

P.S. please make the windows deeper!
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭

Forgot the shots!dcv41wiibiso.png
    fabndb897fcq.png

I think that's meant to be an effect to show that it's a magical barrier much like the dome around the area, to show that it's solid. Not a glitch. It fades in and out.
  • Erorah
    Erorah
    ✭✭✭
    caede wrote: Β»

I LOVE the structural pieces - the windows are FABULOUS!!! BUT - you can't put a window on a wall and have it appear on both sides of the wall because the window isn't deep enough. This poses a problem when custom-building a house. Please please please please please please make the windows deeper - they look SO good and I want to use them, but not if it requires using one on either side of a wall.

Please give us more options for music/audio in our houses! I enjoy the music boxes, but we have so many and there is only so much variation. I would love to see a bard houseguest, such as Dahiin in Rimmen. Alternately, being able to assign emotes to houseguests (including /lute or /qanun) as part of their path would add to the ambiance.

Thank you for all you do!

P.S. please make the windows deeper!

Yes, please, the Windows.. Item count is PRECIOUS!
    And Bard... I seem to recall seeing something... [/hint-hint]