Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Celestial Caller (Sorcerer build)

Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
✭✭✭
The Celestial caller

While most spam sorc build emphasis on the use of vampirism this one is about all out Lighning attack with a blazing ultimate. The principe? Call down the might of the sky against your foe hance why its called celestial caller. This build emphasis on the synergy of lightning damage amonst abilities while placing down insane aoe nuking calling down the wrath of the sky on your foes and wrecking havoc on the battlefields.

http://esobuild.com/?EwbgDCAskgzAjAOmbUBWAZgLgOyIIb5hjCIAcxSh+GAplvGAYWPg8wMZanwBsvAI2BZYiTJGLMcwYUgwcQM3vFhokaXvgCcwNPkRNVHYmhxAAA==

How to use:

By principe this build make abuse of the Synergy between Storm magic and destruction spells. It also has a very high crit rate wich allows it to proc its heal trought critical surge. The core of the build however rest on mage guild ability especialy Shooting star wich can by itself be used to cause insane aoe damage to your foes and wreck havoc in alliance wars as in public dungeons. Weither you choose to go werewolf for the 5 ult when hit or vampire for the invigorating drain wont mather as much as your ability to proc the shooting star as often as possible.
Due to the elemental synergy I recommend using the lightning staff.

PRO

-Extreme damage from an ultimate wich also recover crazy fast...

-So much aoe effect

-Ok so wait im healing for these crits?

CON

-This build rely a lot on magicka running out of it can be dangerous for your health

Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 30, 2014 2:13PM
One bow to darken the sun
One bow to unite the clans
One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I luv lightening!
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never bothered to level surge until recently, and this has what I was thinking for the AoE line upon morphing surge.. The lightning AoE isn't "awesome" by itself but it's dps > fury except for low health of course, and it's AoE. Only downfall for lightning AoE is it's placed... if they move you lose the DPS, but it's pretty low power cost.

IDK about meteor > bubble (for me), but I haven't used meteor. Guess it's DPS>CC choice. It's only CC I use at all so guess why I favor it.

I love lightning line. It is very segzy IMO. Nothing makes me happier than smiting my enemies with white hot wattage. TY for sharing your build!
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • matt29070
    matt29070
    Downside is Lightning Flood underperforms when compared to Elemental Ring or Pulsar spam. If you have a partner who could trigger Conduit this would be pretty devastating for larger groups.

Very similar to my aoe build, but I favor the vampire ult Devouring Swarm and I swap out Lightning Flood for Bolt Escape or Mist Form with the speed morph...if things go badly I can easily pop one or two bolt escapes, swap sets to the resto staff, heal myself or use Dark Exchange to heal myself and recover magicka. Guess my way sacrifices a little DPS for utility/survivability.

It is pretty awesome to be able to solo group pulls in public dungeons wearing light armor, though. Crit surge, then Thundering Presence as you run in, and Pulsar spam them to death.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Celestial caller

While most spam sorc build emphasis on the use of vampirism this one is about all out Lighning attack with a blazing ultimate. The principe? Call down the might of the sky against your foe hance why its called celestial caller. This build emphasis on the synergy of lightning damage amonst abilities while placing down insane aoe nuking calling down the wrath of the sky on your foes and wrecking havoc on the battlefields.

http://esobuild.com/?EwbgDCAskgzAjAOmbUBWAZgLgOyIIb5hjCIAcxSh+GAplvGAYWPg8wMZanwBsvAI2BZYiTJGLMcwYUgwcQM3vFhokaXvgCcwNPkRNVHYmhxAAA==

How to use:

By principe this build make abuse of the Synergy between Storm magic and destruction spells. It also has a very high crit rate wich allows it to proc its heal trought critical surge. The core of the build however rest on mage guild ability especialy Shooting star wich can by itself be used to cause insane aoe damage to your foes and wreck havoc in alliance wars as in public dungeons. Weither you choose to go werewolf for the 5 ult when hit or vampire for the invigorating drain wont mather as much as your ability to proc the shooting star as often as possible.
    Due to the elemental synergy I recommend using the lightning staff.

PRO

-Extreme damage from an ultimate wich also recover crazy fast...

-So much aoe effect

-Ok so wait im healing for these crits?

CON

-This build rely a lot on magicka running out of it can be dangerous for your health

I read this and it really needs a critique. Nothing personal op, I am just writing this from personal experience as a VR player who pvps a lot.

First off... Your main source of damage is Elemental Ring which is a close range point blank AoE spell with a lingering dot. If anything take the hp reduction morph, it is superior. To do the "insane nuking" you propose, you need to be up close and personal to a group of players. These players are not going to stand still and let you kill them. Your other source of "insane nuking" is a ground targeted aoe spell that does not do much damage in the first place, burns the hell out of mana, takes time to set up properly AND requires people to stand in it's small radius... no thanks.

Next let's talk about the ultimate. Shooting Star is a cool ult due to it's visual, however it is relatively weak in most cases due to lacking 5-6 people to hit. Unless you are standing on a wall or find a nice cluster to bomb with it, you are better off slotting another ultimate. Shooting Star unlike other AoE's is actually player targeted and not telegraphed, however if said player target moves away from the group within the 2 seconds it takes for the star to collide, it is a waste. You won't recover much from hitting 1-2 targets and you don't have much generation going on unless you are in the middle of people spamming your E-Ring. This is of course if you live long enough through endless CC spam. FYI Critical Surge is not going to be a good enough source of healing for self sustain, even combined with potions.

Lastly, what OP does not tell you (probably because he doesn't play a high level sorcerer) is that you must be at least VR1 to even access Shooting Star. You will not have enough lorebooks in normal content to get level 10 of the mages guild. This will require you to be in the Veteran content grabbing books from the other factions.

I am sorry but this build has no pros, only cons. You don't even have a backup secondary plan. It's basically pop lightning form (without the speed) jog in and hope to kill someone? For crying out loud you don't even have a gap closer like Bolt Escape or Mistform. At least change the morph of Lightning Form to Boundless Storm. Even that being said, this is a "yolo" build at best. If you must insist on playing with this build (which I believe to be terrible) at least put Critical Surge on your other bar and put Streak in it's place. Without a gap closer this build is worthless.

Forgive me if I sound harsh, that is not my intent.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Its true indeed that the build was only checked on paper but it actualy looks great if we look at it that way... Gap closer? that depends if you pvp or pve. I DONT pvp by default and most of my build are made for pve save for my blademaster. With this many AOE i can so far believe ill have what it takes to take on veteran level but i cant talk for pvp. As far as i know however shooting star makes for the perfect nuking tool as long as you indeed are in a position where you can place it safely.

I dont need a gap closer in a pve build and so it was the way i speced it here im just looking at the armor lvl health gain and possible aoe damage not pvp purpose.
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • Solomon_Cato
    Solomon_Cato
    ✭✭
    You may not want a gap closer.... but I definitely would have a gap creator through some form of Bolt Escape and/or Boundless Storm. I find it useful to have something that can get you out of sticky situations (especially on bosses) using a source other than stamina. Any smart player, no matter the role, should be blocking/dodging where it is needed. If you use a magicka heavy build this means your stamina will be burnt quite often. Bolt Escape/Boundless storm can offer you this type of survival through use of magicka. Just a different way for someone to view these skills who are not PvP oriented.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You said this is for pve, why then say "calling down the wrath of the sky on your foes and wrecking havoc on the battlefields." in your opening statement?
    Or include "Shooting star wich can by itself be used to cause insane aoe damage to your foes and wreck havoc in alliance wars as in public dungeons."
    Clearly you did intend pvp by these statements to which I responded.

Even if you have lightning form for increase armor, you are still susceptible to CC. Take Halls of the Dead for example. I am VR and I currently tank that instance with an AoE build. Your build will get me killed pretty damn quick. Shooting Star does not do enough to keep you alive, however Vampire ult does. I mean I get what you are "trying" to do, however the game has other ideas.

Between ERing spam keeping LF up, you will be out of mana after you start using Lightning Flood. You would be better off using Wall of Elements than LF especially if you get concuss from Pulsar. Take Pulsar over Elemental Ring as mobs will not be alive long enough to make a lingering dot worth it. You are better off having weaker mobs. While Wall is like 20-30 mana more than Flood, it has a much better synergy with Pulsar/E-Ring making it the superior choice.

You have not leveled a Sorcerer to Vet level so you don't realize how hard *** hits you. If you pull a group you need to cc it and kill it quick otherwise you are going to die pretty damn fast, depending on whether they are trash or not. For example the stuff in VR Eastmarch will easily kill you. Take it from somene who is VR, who has use your build and other builds similar.

*Edit:
    1 more thing, this build is only strong in mass aoe situations which is kind of rare (unless you plan on pulling trash all over the zone for the sake of just aoe'ing zone trash). Halls of the Dead is perfect, however most encounters in the VR1-5 zones will be 1 mob to 3 mobs at a time and will not reap the benefit of an aoe build. I soloed everything VR1-5 (other than Reynir, group boss) and this build was somewhat useless to 85% of the content. Most of your fights will be requiring strong single target damage and crowd control for an add or the main target. A thing to consider is the encounters I am mentioning usually have you fighting a pack of 2-3 with one of them being a healer. That said, a strong single target build with Endless Fury/Crystal Fragments is going to far surpass this.
    Edited by Xael on April 30, 2014 6:09PM
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...