The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No more repeat Emperor!

• biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I intend to make a lv10 character with former empress title when U33 drops. Just for the giggles, she will also be a grand overlord in title only.

Last time I was leading and about to be made emp I had to drop the campaign on that character and play another because you really need to group as Emp and I don't do that :blush:
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry but, if you want emp, get it.

I'm actually #1 on ravenwatch EU campaign, with like 17M ap. It is a 30 days campaign, i'm playing here for years before baalokdaan, and sothasil. I have no guild.

My faction gives me the "power" everyday, i'm not asking everything, i'm not working for it. But I'm leading groups everydays and give advices on zone chat about where to go, because during the event there's a lot of "pve-players" and they appreciate it. I'm trying to defend my faction and carry scrolls accross the map...

#2 and #3 in leaderboard stopped to get points for like 4-5 days, maybe more. They solo. It is not my fault if you dont get AP.
    And #2 was #1 before me during 4-5days and got emp 2 times by the way.
    I see the same thing happening with EP 's number 1 on leaderboard.
    Edited by Xarc on February 28, 2022 10:31AM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emperor is totally buyable.

Worse, even if a candidate doesn't purchase it, one of the big things they have to do is buy off or compromise with the person ahead of them to "step down" or stop earning AP so that the next person has a chance in hecc.

The, "once a person emps, their future AP for that campaign does not count towards the leaderboard" is a nice compromise. There are some other upsides.

o Slower AP Implosion: If an emp does not abdicate or stop playing that character (so as to not accumulate AP) after a period, then the AP requirement for the next emp grows insanely for the next person. Say, it goes from 5 mil to 8 to 23 mil and so on, instead of say, 5 mil to 6 or 7 mil, then 9 mil.

o Remaining as Emp Becomes About Staying Active while Emperor: Remaining as emp then becomes about defending the keeps and being active while you have the crown.

o Player Health: There is a third benefit: player health. Remember how cost implodes from say, 5 to 23 under the current system? To emp, people will take 3-4 days to a week off of work, go without sleep during those days, and remain in Cyro any time they are awake...and it still requires the person to step aside once they've emp'd.

Or, they buy it outright (which people do).

The health situation needs recognized. Ingame, you'll get comments about how real gamers can't use the bathroom (because a bathroom break, srsly, is all it takes to cost you that crown) or need to eat (because you've "got to earn it" and the 5 minute break it takes to microwave a frozen dinner will cost you that crown, which was the "big" break you took after 48 hours). What, experience from helping buddies? Actual situations that have happened? Yes.

o Reduces the Reliance on Boosting: The fast cost implosion from say, 6 mil to 23 is why players take off work, don't sleep, and hire boosters or make arrangements.

tl;dr Freezing AP towards the leaderboard is a nice compromise, and has an added benefit of assisting player health and reducing the boosting economy, while still maintaining the challenge of becoming emp.

Edited by guarstompemoji on March 3, 2022 3:24PM
  • S0Z0H
    S0Z0H
    ✭✭✭
    There actually is a thing when people will pay for emp. You got the coin , and people will gladly open the gates and boom, you are emp. It's very much gatekept and you just have to get involved in the community and guilds to sort all that out. It's kind of a secret and not a secret at the same time.
    Since Cyrodiil is based on mass groups of people working together and against one another, all this kind of behavior happens. In one way it (Boosting) can actually be used in a way to assure new emps get crowned and in other ways it can be used to keep one guy up there all the time.
    It's a lot like real life but we will keep the convo on Nirn , not on earth lol
    Edited by S0Z0H on March 5, 2022 8:41PM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been Emp and I don't care to be it again. However as it stands now, the only thing that defines an EMP is who can play the most and boost ahead of the other no lifers. Then they sit in number one and camp EMP for 30 days. It's okay (I guess) if it's a good player but really sucks when it's not and can competely hamper the entire faction.

I think it should be once per campaign per character. If you want to keep running through your roster, fine, but at least it gives other people with real life responsibilities to get it.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah its dumb but unfortunately unless you cheat or no life you can kiss Emp goodbye. 45 hours in 3 days was what I needed and I got emp blocked 3 times during that. Tough times.
    PvP needs more love.