Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Disappearing Champion Points from Different Consoles

jmferris
jmferris
✭✭
Before raising a support ticket, wanted to see if anyone might have insight into an issue that my wife is having with her game.

At the character select screen, all of her characters show different amounts of Champion Points, all of them incorrect. For example, she should be a 2084, but the character select screen is showing anywhere from between 2054 and 2057. No matter what character she signs in with, it then shows as 2054 and all Champion Points are no longer assigned. Then, if she were to start crafting, for example, when she turns in her first quest, you will see the CP bar at the bottom of the right start cycling up from 2054 to 2084, stopping partway through (where her actual level should be). Even then, the character screen will only show her at 2054. This behavior is the same on two different XB Series X consoles for her.

What we have tried:

1. Cleared the local game data.
2. Soft restart on the console.
3. Hard restart on the console.
4. Uninstalled and reinstall the game, in its entirety.

It is worth mentioning that this started on Monday, the 28th of February. While it doesn't coincide with any updates, the behavior is the same on multiple consoles, so it does not appear to be specific to any single console, i.e. the steps above having not done anything to improve/change the current situation.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Based on behavior, I am assuming that this is a database-related issue, and will likely need to get support involved.

Thanks!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 10, 2022 9:58PM
  • Miniminotaur138
    Miniminotaur138
    ✭✭✭
    I also play on xbox. This has also happened to me. In addition to the CP differences, it completely reset my CP on one of the affected characters. It has also caused bank inventory items to appear in characters inventory, enough to fill their inventory to max. There are other issues as well including missing gold, login rewards, and hirelings. After 2 days of talking with support they finally (after telling me first i was hacked, the it was supposedly a connectivity issue on my end) they realized my issues were tied to syncing issue they released a small statement about a few days ago on the website. After we came to the part of the different CP amounts is when they determined i was included in the issue. A guild mate also has this same issue. I was advised not to play on the affected characters until its fixed. Which it seems to be 7 of 8 characters.
    Xbox NA Housing Enthusiast & Vet Trial Healer *Heals in all classes*

Vet Trial Necrommancer Tank currently OT in Kynes Aegis

ESO Community Supporter and Tamriel Activist *Doesn't condone the filthy high elf ways*
  • jmferris
    jmferris
    ✭✭
    Thank you, very much. I didn't see that they acknowledged this as an issue, but this is exactly what she is seeing, as well. Every one of her characters are impacted, and she has the other issues that you mentioned, too. I'll advise her of this, so that she is aware. I'm certain that she is not going to be a happy camper!
  • OSUBucks1967
    It sounds like you are effected by the same thing many other folks are dealing with.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/599225/account-reset-to-about-2-weeks-ago

Here is the lowdown on what I have encountered: My main character that I play daily was CP 252 when I logged off Monday night February 28, 2022. The next morning though, Tuesday March 1, 2022, when I logged in to begin playing again I noticed my level had been reset back to CP 141. Meaning I had lost the last 111 levels of CP that I had worked the last couple of weeks accumulating, along with all the money and others things that go with multiple weeks worth of daily playing erased. Something else I am noticing while is that if I perform any action like claiming the daily reward, advancing my daily riding level, using an experience scroll, claiming my daily resources from mail deliveries, that after I log out and then back in they system does not register that I have performed any of those events and I can do them again, and again and again as they are never registered as being done. Also keep in mind that this is just the loss on my main character, I have 6 other characters that I have not went into detail about but I do not play them daily but I did notice that they all had their CP points set back to only 141 instead of the 252 they should have access to since my main and highest level character is CP 252.

And here is the response I received from ZOS for the ticket that I submitted:
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.
    We are aware of an issue where the progress for some characters has been reverted. We are working to fix this issue as soon as possible. In the meantime, we advise that you do not continue to play on the affected characters. Any new progress made before the issue is resolved may be lost. Once we have an update, we will be sure to reach back out to you.

We appreciate your patience while we work to sort this out.

Thank you,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That was early yesterday March 2 and I have heard had no additional updates since.
  • Miniminotaur138
    Miniminotaur138
    ✭✭✭
    I am not usually one to complain, but these are serious issues. I really hope a fix comes ASAP. I do a lot of housing so i don't want things to reset and vet trials which now my team has to find a replacement tank until this gets fixed. I spent 2 HOURS this morning trying to explain what was going on with 2 different reps telling me it was on my end. It has since been acknowledged that it wasn't on my end, but still. And to top it off my eso plus was charged during all this today LOL bad timing damn it HAHA

ESO Community Supporter and Tamriel Activist *Doesn't condone the filthy high elf ways*
  • jmferris
    jmferris
    ✭✭
    Agreed. Both myself and my wife play, but she plays considerably more than I do. Since she is disabled, it is something that she throws herself into to keep herself occupied - i.e. housing, officer in a guild, etc.. Without it, it is a bit distressing for her. Hoping for all impacted parties, that it is resolved as soon as humanly possible!

Thank you, again, for pointing me in the right direction on where to find information on this!
  • Miniminotaur138
    Miniminotaur138
    ✭✭✭
    I plan to comment regularly to keep this threads high on the list. There has to be a resolution soon. Its been 4 days now and i have lost so much. And losing more and more. They have to do something.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @jmferris

We would advise opening a ticket with customer support for this issue. Our support team will be able investigate into this further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • jmferris
    jmferris
    ✭✭
    Thanks, @ZOS_Bill! I hadn't gotten on today to reply, but I am happy to report that her issues were resolved with today's maintenance.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are glad to hear the champion point issue is now resolved. With the issue fixed, we will now lock the thread from further posts.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.