Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Account reset to about 2 weeks ago

Storm27Stars
Storm27Stars
✭✭✭
Hi all,

Anyone else find gold, alliance points and xp missing from their account today?

I logged on to Xbox NA server at lunchtime UK time and collected my gold for selling a timbercrow runebox. Logged off, then about 3-4 hours later logged back in to find my banked gold had gone from 1.4m to 126k, my banked AP dropped from about 4m to 3.5m and my XP enlightenment had gone from next to nothing back up to 4,800,000.

Then I had a notification that I'd just collected the daily login reward circlet (or whatever it was), even though it was collected like nearly 2 weeks ago.

Also I had another message that materials had gone into my craft bag, which makes me wonder what the game has done to any materials I had.

I've tried logging in and syncing on two separate Xbox's in the house and the same problem. My Xbox EU characters seem fine though.

Anyone else have similar issues? Wondering if it's to do with Mid-year Mayhem finishing today. It's like banked gold, AP and XP have reverted to before the festival.

Put a ticket in, but no acknowledgment yet.
Edited by Storm27Stars on March 1, 2022 7:05PM
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every time I hear someone say this I worry. I have no idea how much gold I have in the bank and this week was the first time I had any idea how many AP or Tel Far I had. I probably wouldn't notice. I never use gold. AP or materials . I just collect them.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure you not logget on to the pts?
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Storm27Stars
    Storm27Stars
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, I'm on an Xbox.
    Options
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

lol
    best reply ever

Edited by Xarc on March 1, 2022 8:13PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "Death is overrated", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

That's PC only.
    Options
  • Storm27Stars
    Storm27Stars
    ✭✭✭
    Something I forgot to mention was my CP level. It says I'm now level 721, when last night I was closer to 750, so something screwy is definitely gone wrong.
    Options
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I logged on to Xbox NA server at lunchtime UK time and collected my gold for selling a timbercrow runebox. Logged off, then about 3-4 hours later logged back in to find my banked gold had gone from 1.4m to 126k, my banked AP dropped from about 4m to 3.5m and my XP enlightenment had gone from next to nothing back up to 4,800,000.

Then I had a notification that I'd just collected the daily login reward circlet (or whatever it was), even though it was collected like nearly 2 weeks ago.

Also I had another message that materials had gone into my craft bag, which makes me wonder what the game has done to any materials I had.

I've tried logging in and syncing on two separate Xbox's in the house and the same problem. My Xbox EU characters seem fine though.

Anyone else have similar issues? Wondering if it's to do with Mid-year Mayhem finishing today. It's like banked gold, AP and XP have reverted to before the festival.

I have had the exact same thing happen to me and it is disastrous. I've lost every bit of currency I've made since before the Whitestrake event. Over 12 million AP, half a million gold, not to mention over 600 transmutes and 60,000 telvar. I've logged into a few characters and inventory is all over the place, one character had half it's gear in a storage box, and another had items that are only every stored in the bank on it, another was holding several random furnishings for some reason. I shudder to think what other character situations are. I'm afraid to look. I too have 4,800,000 enlightenment and have had 13 CP removed from my account.

How can I continue to play the game if this can happen? I'm massively committed to the Elder Scrolls, and this is a shot through the lungs. How can I trust Zenimax moving forward in the face of such an egregious error. Weeks of effort removed as if my time wasn't valuable. I'm trying to stay calm about this, but I am in shock at what has transpired. @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno I've submitted tickets but this is on another level of bug, couldn't even find a category to cover it.

Please help.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
    Options
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should also add that I am on Xbox, NA server. I discovered this late last night my time, and woke up again this morning to check, and the situation was the same.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
    Options
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a punch in the gut. I'm so sorry.
    That's a huge amount of progress to lose.
    Crossing everything it can be reversed asap.
    Options
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reports of this also on reddit:

Character Account Level Discrepancy
    Character deleted

Seems specific to XBOX NA, I've seen no problems on XBOX EU.

Edit: spelling
    Edited by Stanx on March 1, 2022 11:12PM
    Options
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am so sorry to hear about this happening to both of you.
    Eso is my escape from reality, so I'd be quite devastated if this happened to me.

Keep submitting reports, and follow up on mail until you get to someone who will help. Try explaining the situation, including whether it crashed on the log out before it happened, and things you know you lost so they can try to figure out what happened, out as well as you can. Even though it is incredibly baffling.
    Options
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ilumia wrote: »
    Eso is my escape from reality, so I'd be quite devastated if this happened to me.

Keep submitting reports, and follow up on mail until you get to someone who will help. Try explaining the situation, including whether it crashed on the log out before it happened, and things you know you lost so they can try to figure out what happened, out as well as you can. Even though it is incredibly baffling.
    Actually, you don't want to keep submitting tickets on the same matter unless it's been like...weeks and you haven't gotten an initial reply from the automated system. If you put in new tickets they just get pushed back to the queue, which can make it take longer to get help.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
    Options
  • Storm27Stars
    Storm27Stars
    ✭✭✭
    But should we stop playing though, as if they reset back to a previous backup, we'll lose any progress since we reported it. Really confused as to what to do.
    Edited by Storm27Stars on March 2, 2022 1:27AM
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    Ilumia wrote: »

Actually, you don't want to keep submitting tickets on the same matter unless it's been like...weeks and you haven't gotten an initial reply from the automated system. If you put in new tickets they just get pushed back to the queue, which can make it take longer to get help.

I think @Ilumia means keep replying to emails so they never get to the "4 days no reply and you're gone" point. Replying to each email as support sends one, even just repeating all the previous info is the way to go.
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is scary to me. The original post has been up for 8 hours, confirmed a second case, and yet there has been no communication on it as an issue they're looking into.

Like, at a bare minimum, there should be a dev comment on a post like this within an hour (especially since it's during normal work hours for where the company is located), saying they're looking into it.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,405 achievement points
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin - can you take a look here? This could be a major issue for people on xbox. Thanks.
    Options
  • Storm27Stars
    Storm27Stars
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help and concern all, really appreciated.

Just did a test. On this 'old' version of my account, when I log in I have 3 crown xp scrolls in my character inventory. It says I've just picked up the circlet daily reward (which I actually picked up like two weeks ago), materials are now in my craft bag and I can get a daily reward, which is 1 crown xp scroll.

I tried picking up the scroll, then on my inventory it registers as I have 4 scrolls. I log off, log straight back on and I get the same three notifications and the scrolls in my inventory are back to 3 and I can pick the same daily reward up again.

So it doesn't seem to be saving progress and gone back two weeks or so. I can't play the game like this, and I've literally 2 days ago just reinstated my ESO+ account!!!!!

Have put two tickets in, but haven't had an automated reply to either of them to my email (which normally works fine).

220301-002060
    220301-005467
    Edited by Storm27Stars on March 2, 2022 4:28AM
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help and concern all, really appreciated.

Just did a test. On this 'old' version of my account, when I log in I have 3 crown xp scrolls in my character inventory. It says I've just picked up the circlet daily reward (which I actually picked up like two weeks ago), materials are now in my craft bag and I can get a daily reward, which is 1 crown xp scroll.

I tried picking up the scroll, then on my inventory it registers as I have 4 scrolls. I log off, log straight back on and I get the same three notifications and the scrolls in my inventory are back to 3 and I can pick the same daily reward up again.

So it doesn't seem to be saving progress and gone back two weeks or so. I can't play the game like this, and I've literally 2 days ago just reinstated my ESO+ account!!!!!

Have put two tickets in, but haven't had an automated reply to either of them to my email (which normally works fine).

220301-002060
    220301-005467

Don't put in multiple tickets, it just puts you in the back of the line.
    Options
  • Storm27Stars
    Storm27Stars
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't normally, but I didn't get the usual automatic reply email, so tried doing it again.

They'd normally come through in a few minutes but didn't so tried doing it again. Checked my spam folder and nothing.

Don't know what more to I can do. I dare not play the game as I'd loose progress if / when they get my account sorted (hopefully!).
    Options
  • Storm27Stars
    Storm27Stars
    ✭✭✭
    Update for those affected / interested. Had an email from ZoS this afternoon to say they are aware of the issue and are trying to fix.

I was advised not to use any characters that this is effecting as I'd likely lose any progress.

It was affecting all three of my Xbox NA characters so I guess I'll have to stay on EU for the time being.

Hope it's fixed soon.
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update for those affected / interested. Had an email from ZoS this afternoon to say they are aware of the issue and are trying to fix.

I was advised not to use any characters that this is effecting as I'd likely lose any progress.

It was affecting all three of my Xbox NA characters so I guess I'll have to stay on EU for the time being.

Hope it's fixed soon.

I'm happy that they finally got back to you to confirm that it's an issue and that they're looking into it.

That said, it shouldn't be YOU that is telling the community this. There should be a big fat "Z" next to this post from a developer saying they are aware of it... and a stickied thread on the top of the forums for all to know, along with posts on their social media sites. That is what communication looks like.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,405 achievement points
    Options
  • pikHz
    pikHz
    ✭✭✭
    The timing of this issue and 'snapshot' that the accounts seem to be reverting back to over and over really makes me wonder if some accounts that were migrated during the recent XBox NA cold storage update/migration are the ones that are affected here. This should be treated as pure speculation of course but the timing does kind of line up. Hopefully it's as 'simple' as the game failing to recognize an account has previously been 'pulled out' of cold storage and that results in a relatively quick fix. Fingers crossed!
    Options
  • Storm27Stars
    Storm27Stars
    ✭✭✭
    pikHz wrote: »
    The timing of this issue and 'snapshot' that the accounts seem to be reverting back to over and over really makes me wonder if some accounts that were migrated during the recent XBox NA cold storage update/migration are the ones that are affected here. This should be treated as pure speculation of course but the timing does kind of line up. Hopefully it's as 'simple' as the game failing to recognize an account has previously been 'pulled out' of cold storage and that results in a relatively quick fix. Fingers crossed!

Re: the cold storage idea. That wouldn't be in my case I'm afraid. Ive only been playing for just over two years and have logged on almost every day.

Could be the case for others though maybe.
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The repeated resetting to me suggests that there's something in the character data that is corrupted and leads to save attempts being rejected
    Options
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, amazing lag
    Options
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
    I know you guys are busy and constantly get pinged over everything under the sun, but this is a serious issue affecting numerous people. There really needs to be an official announcement about this. Remember that communication thing we keep bringing up?
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
    Options
  • OSUBucks1967
    So has anyone effected seen any updates on this issue and what the ETA might be on a full resolution with no loss to the characters effected? I am a very patient person but we are closing out on the 2nd day now that I and everyone effected has not been able to play. I guess I just feel like we deserve better communication and updates on this and how and when it’s going to be corrected! I don’t think that’s to much to expect given the circumstances.
    Edited by OSUBucks1967 on March 3, 2022 2:06AM
    Options
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I had this happen (though nowhere near to the same extent) when my character finished all of the Reaper's March quests last year - I found the zone wasn't completed. Was very upsetting, but the next time I logged on it reverted back to how it had been. So... idk what happened.

I hope you get everything back, OP.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
    Options
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So has anyone effected seen any updates on this issue and what the ETA might be on a full resolution with no loss to the characters effected? I am a very patient person but we are closing out on the 2nd day now that I and everyone effected has not been able to play. I guess I just feel like we deserve better communication and updates on this and how and when it’s going to be corrected! I don’t think that’s to much to expect given the circumstances.
    OP got a response back about the ticket they'd put in on the matter, ZOS advised them not to try playing that account because they'd likely continue to lose progress and that they're working on a fix.

Hope it's fixed soon.

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Options
  • OSUBucks1967
    Arunei wrote: »
    OP got a response back about the ticket they'd put in on the matter, ZOS advised them not to try playing that account because they'd likely continue to lose progress and that they're working on a fix.

Hope it's fixed soon.

Thank You Arunei, and I apologize I guess I should have clarified by asking if anyone had any updates since ZOS advised folks not to play their characters and they are looking into the issue. Since there is no official thread on this originating from ZOS we are basically at the mercy of relying on each other to any updates on what is going on as far as a resolution. I know I have not heard anything new since their initial response so I was just wondering if anyone else heard any updates since their initial acknowledgement that they know there is an issue and are working on it. I just think updates would be important. Multiple days should not pass before any updates are provided. And as far as any progress being lost, based on my testing when I first reported the issue myself anything I do gets instantly lost once I log off the character so no I have not been playing the game at all just setting and waiting on an update as to when things are going to be fixed so I can play again, I imagine like everyone else that has been effected by this would like to do.
    Options