The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Suggestion] Anti-PvP Crafted Set

• adyreonb14_ESO
    adyreonb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    I wouldnt really care if they gave you guys a pve Cyrodiil and IC.

But no, you can't have ghost mode in competitive pvp.

I don't like the PvP, however, I still do quests in the zone. I typically log in early in the morning and choose one of the standards where they are empty. Still run across someone every once in a while, but I'm normally good for an hour or so. I can normally get quite a bit done before I'm attacked.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remathilis wrote: »
    Aldoss wrote: »

Moral of tale is there needs to be a better way to hand in quests if ZoS intends to keep PVE stuff to Cyrodiil, especially for Mayhem. One that allows you to hand in the quest after you've gotten it.

The quest you were doing is not PvE nor is it designed for PvErs. It's a quest, inside a PvP zone, that requires you to perform PvP related tasks in order to access the quest giver, and receive PvP gear as a reward. The event is not a PvE event, thus ZOS is not "keeping" anything from anyone.

If you want to return a cyro quest without doing any fighting, do the scout mission. Ride on your horse in the country away from keeps, arrive at the resource and stay at max range, and perform the scout. It will take you 10 min or less depending on how progressed your riding skills are.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Death_to_the_Crone

Quick Walkthrough
    Speak to Nelerien.
    Travel to Nisin Cave (delve) and kill Barasatii (delve boss).
    Return to Nelerien.

I'm sorry, do you consider going into a Cyrodiil delve and killing the delve boss to be PvP? Do you really think camping out on top the boss waiting for it to respawn and then handing in the quest is REMOTELY similar to taking a keep? It's a stupid PvE quest stuck in a PvP zone designed with an artificial time gate (boss respawn).

Here's an idea: set up a wandering NPC in the wilderness near each town. The NPC can accept any completed quests for the nearby town but cannot hand out new ones. That way, people who do a quest and come back to find the map has flipped in 10 minutes it takes for the boss to respawn don't have a completed quest sitting in their queue. Or maybe make the boss respawn timer in Cyrodiil only 5 minutes. Or maybe have the boss spawn when you reach the quest destination like other Cyrodiil quest encounters do. Or maybe just get rid of the damn PvE quests in Cyrodiil altogether.

Please recall that killing any delve boss in Cyrodiil grants you the Blessing of War buff, which is a 20% buff to AP gained. It's rather important for players making their emperor push, and also to PVPers who want to maximize AP gain.

So...yeah, actually killing delve bosses is a PvPvE activity. Moreover, ZOS designed it that way so that enemy players might meet each other in delves and fight over who gets to kill the boas.
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mhm and then farm tel vars at will without any risk. No thank you.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabbo1928 wrote: »
    No. Dev time is valuable. This idea is just not worth it.

I don't know. The devs have been homogenizing a lot of stats in service of their "play your way" philosophy. Locking PvE activities and event rewards behind the gates of a PvP zone isn't very "play your way."

(again, I in no way expect ZOS to actually do this)
    Bonus: it would be exploited.

Isn't everything exploited in Cyrodiil?

Ok, when I will be able to buy all PvE sets including perfected trials and arenas with AP or Tel Vars then you can have PvE Cyrodiill and IC.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Theros
    Theros
    ✭✭✭
    As a PvE player, there are few things more frustrating than having to venture into a PvP zone for skyshards/skillpoints, or to earn Event Tickets, only to be swiftly killed by another player when you clearly aren't there for PvP combat. I'm only half joking in this suggestion, because I don't think ZOS would ever add it to the game, but I would use the hell out of it if they did.

Crafted Set: Skyshard Hunter
    Location: All faction bases in Cyrodiil, Imperial City, and any future PvP zones.
    2 Items: Whatever
    3 Items: Whatever
    4 Items: Whatever
    5 Items: You become impervious to damage and snares from enemy players, and are unable to damage or snare them yourself. You cannot heal other players. You cannot capture flags, and all AP gain from group player kills or flag capture is disabled.

The set could have a unique visual effect -- such as a long pole with a white flag -- to identify non-combatants to other players. And if they could make it so you can only equip/unequip this set while inside your faction base, that could stem abuse. Alternately, a font placed in faction bases that grants this same function as a 2hr "I'm Only Here For the Skyshards" buff would also be acceptable.

Or you can do what i do.

In this event:
    battlegrounds: Just run to any enemy team and let be killed fast as i can. When one team take the lead i run to that team and let them kill me. The faster battleground ends the better. (Waiting 20s to respawn it's just sickness)
    Imperial City: Do the quest (they are easy). If you're alone VS more enemys.... just let them kill you. They will be happy!
    Cyrodill: I realy like this map, the fights and etc.... but turn allway back when you die, cuz we have no where to respawn, make the map annoying. For skyshards.... Let event end and you will be ok.
    Options
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with your suggestion @gabbo1928 is that any player in Cyrodiil contributes to the player cap without contributing to the war effort, so the PVP community will inevitably be very much against it.

If server capacity / population caps weren't the problems that they are, it would be easier from a coding perspective to enable players to join a Cyrodiil campaign as part of a "neutral" faction that has, in essence, all of the stuff you list as part of your 5-pc set.

Another option, in the meantime, is for ZoS to activate an entire campaign that functions like a PVE zone, i.e. players cannot attack players. No PVPer would be interested, but it would allow PVEers to complete quests, dailies, skyshard achievements etc without the fear of a Nightblade shoving his Hidden Weapon where the sun don't shine ;)

Whether ZoS has the appetite for this is another matter.

GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
    Options
  • MissAethe
    MissAethe
    ✭✭✭
    You know what I would prefer? A quester flag.

I want a silly little stick with a white flag on it that attaches to my character like a go-kart flag, that lets everyone else around me know I'm a quester who isn't there to actively engage in the PVP parts of Cyro/IC. Will it prevent me from being killed? Of course not. Will it make me a target? Probably, but only by people who are already being toxic to begin with (personal experience, the majority of PVPers are super chill and would respect each other enough to ignore a quester with a quest-flag).

I don't necessarily want to change how PVP works or expect that things be changed for my benefit, I do actively PVP but sometimes I just want to vibe and do quests in Cyro/IC instead (Cyro is super pretty and doesn't get enough credit for that I feel). We don't have a PVE version of these maps because they aren't there for PVE.

I think crafting an entire new set is a bit much when there won't ever be a 100% way to do it that won't be exploited. Sure, someone with a quester flag can "be a spy", but people already do that as it is so that's not really an arguing point in my book. It would be way easier to add a funny little flag and zoot around the map than craft a whole new set of gear with a system in place to make it work. At the end of the day, I understand not wanting to be forced to do PVP, but considering PVPers only have two maps (Cyro/IC) compared to the entirety of the game otherwise, and have to actively engage in PVE for sets and gear? Feels a little weird to me to demand ways to force immunity in a PVP zone.
    Xbox NA 10am-2am EST/EDT - Find me In-Game @MissAethe
    Guildmaster - Nox Tyrannis - A Late Night 21+ PVE/Social Guild

Dragonknight Spite Healer Extraordinaire
    Options
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, do you consider going into a Cyrodiil delve and killing the delve boss to be PvP?

If a quest is inside a zone that you cannot leave without using the approved wayshrine because it flags you with Battle Spirit, making you vulnerable to players of the other factions, then yes, I do consider it PvP.

The existence of NPCs, skyshards, delves, fishing holes, resource nodes, or any other option in these zones that doesn't literally imply attacking another player does not make the entire zone PvE.

By contrast, the persistence of Battle Spirit, no matter where you go throughout these zones, makes the entire zone count as PvP.

Options
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, do you consider going into a Cyrodiil delve and killing the delve boss to be PvP?

If a quest is inside a zone that you cannot leave without using the approved wayshrine because it flags you with Battle Spirit, making you vulnerable to players of the other factions, then yes, I do consider it PvP.

The existence of NPCs, skyshards, delves, fishing holes, resource nodes, or any other option in these zones that doesn't literally imply attacking another player does not make the entire zone PvE.

By contrast, the persistence of Battle Spirit, no matter where you go throughout these zones, makes the entire zone count as PvP.

Then they should remove the skyshards, quests, dolmens, nodes, fishing, delves, and other events that aren't contributing to your alliance's field dominance. You solve two problems at once: you lower the population of people on the servers that aren't actually contributing to the war effort and it removes things like the skyshard hunter or master angler achievements from being locked behind PvP. Because by your standard, Master Angler is really PvP achievement.
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indigogo wrote: »
    Grand Overlord's Helm:

At Alliance rank 50 you take 0 damage from all non player enemies.
    Your light attacks deal 1 000 000 damage.
    This mythic can only be used in non pvp enabled areas.

@Indigogo
    That would give you a reason to get that last AR. Right now, really no reason to go past 49. Haha

To the OP, um no. All other arguments aside, you could never disable the spy aspect of it.

Also, I think this is a problem that barely exists. It is just not that hard to find a campaign whether its IC or Cyro that is dominated by one alliance, wait until its yours, do what needs to be done. The rest of it comes down to people being terrified to die in a freaking video game. If you dont play the whole game, you dont get all the rewards.

I hate fishing, how about an item that gives me all the fish in the zone for a single cast? I dont like playing with others, how about an item that allows me to trifecta a trial by myself? Its all garbage.

Best two options if you are really worried about it. Build a very steathy character, or build a very tanky character. Getting either close to the speed cap wouldnt hurt either.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then they should remove the skyshards, quests, dolmens, nodes, fishing, delves, and other events that aren't contributing to your alliance's field dominance. You solve two problems at once: you lower the population of people on the servers that aren't actually contributing to the war effort and it removes things like the skyshard hunter or master angler achievements from being locked behind PvP. Because by your standard, Master Angler is really PvP achievement.

Delves grant AP bonuses.

Master Angler is a title granted to players who play the entire game as intended, which includes fishing with the risk of being killed by other players.

PVP players need skill points too, there are plenty in PVE land, you literally don't need the 4 behind enemy gates to manage your skill loadout. And the Skyshard achievement is also an achievement that rewards players who play the entire game. Not just players who shoehorn themselves into one aspect of the game and complain about the rest.
    Options
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a PvE player, there are few things more frustrating than having to venture into a PvP zone for skyshards/skillpoints, or to earn Event Tickets, only to be swiftly killed by another player when you clearly aren't there for PvP combat. I'm only half joking in this suggestion, because I don't think ZOS would ever add it to the game, but I would use the hell out of it if they did.

Crafted Set: Skyshard Hunter
    Location: All faction bases in Cyrodiil, Imperial City, and any future PvP zones.
    2 Items: Whatever
    3 Items: Whatever
    4 Items: Whatever
    5 Items: You become impervious to damage and snares from enemy players, and are unable to damage or snare them yourself. You cannot heal other players. You cannot capture flags, and all AP gain from group player kills or flag capture is disabled.

The set could have a unique visual effect -- such as a long pole with a white flag -- to identify non-combatants to other players. And if they could make it so you can only equip/unequip this set while inside your faction base, that could stem abuse. Alternately, a font placed in faction bases that grants this same function as a 2hr "I'm Only Here For the Skyshards" buff would also be acceptable.

i feel like all these threads are being opened by one particular person. All of a sudden a guy gets an in-game message that ''he killed someone whilst questing and it's against the rules'' or whatever, and then suddenly we have these threads pop up...
    Options
  • Galiferno
    Galiferno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure but this would only be fair if there was a crafted set that let pvpers do more than 5k dps in vet dungeons and use more than radiating regen spam when healing vet dungeons. Oh wait...
    Options
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I guess this would be okay if I can kill people in overland while being forced to be there. Maybe a special set of armour that allows me to attack anyone in any zone as long as I am engaged in harvesting, skyshard collecting, book collecting, questing, or delving would be cool. ;)
    Options
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way to avoid it is to find the deadest server during the time you go. When it's empty, you probably have at least a 75-90% chance of not having to deal with anything. Players as a rule wouldn't go there to PVP if it is empty because the payoff would be so small. When you go to these maps, you sometimes see other PVE players in delves getting the shards. It's funny how people are kind of cautious of each other, but then realize they are both getting the shards. It's kind of funny too.
    Edited by xXSilverDragonXx on March 1, 2022 6:53AM
    Options
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, backbar this set, and front bar dark convergence, instant quick in and out of PvP...

Nah. I don't like PvP, I'm sure everyone knows this at this point lol, but like, wouldn't it be easier to get PvP sets instead of crafting one to avoid it?
    Options
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is such a good idea, zos should implement this, or even better remove PVP entirely and convert Cyrodiil and IC into pure PVE zones.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
    Options