Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

[Suggestion] Anti-PvP Crafted Set

gabbo1928
gabbo1928
✭✭✭
As a PvE player, there are few things more frustrating than having to venture into a PvP zone for skyshards/skillpoints, or to earn Event Tickets, only to be swiftly killed by another player when you clearly aren't there for PvP combat. I'm only half joking in this suggestion, because I don't think ZOS would ever add it to the game, but I would use the hell out of it if they did.

Crafted Set: Skyshard Hunter
Location: All faction bases in Cyrodiil, Imperial City, and any future PvP zones.
2 Items: Whatever
3 Items: Whatever
4 Items: Whatever
5 Items: You become impervious to damage and snares from enemy players, and are unable to damage or snare them yourself. You cannot heal other players. You cannot capture flags, and all AP gain from group player kills or flag capture is disabled.

The set could have a unique visual effect -- such as a long pole with a white flag -- to identify non-combatants to other players. And if they could make it so you can only equip/unequip this set while inside your faction base, that could stem abuse. Alternately, a font placed in faction bases that grants this same function as a 2hr "I'm Only Here For the Skyshards" buff would also be acceptable.
Edited by gabbo1928 on February 24, 2022 6:52PM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could just skip the event. It's a lot simpler 8)
    Too many toons not enough time
    Options
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, make this set bind on looted and cost 100 million ap per piece :P

Edit: forgot a 0
    Edited by Heartrage on February 24, 2022 6:23PM
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, so the intelligence gathering troll spy set. Now you to can follow around player groups making pushes behind your front lines to announce in zone chat!!!

Or even better. See an enemy player and have your addon quickly equip the set with the press of the button to bypass the entire enemy group before quick swapping it.

Also by the sound of it you forgot Alliance War NPCs!!! And the ability to no longer use, repair, or store siege weapons.

No, this is a horrible idea.
    Edited by Vevvev on February 24, 2022 6:22PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vevvev
    You forgot the great utility to have 2-3 mercenary healers with this set to heal the group without any risks.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heartrage wrote: »
    Vevvev
    You forgot the great utility to have 2-3 mercenary healers with this set to heal the group without any risks.

Good catch, I didn't even think about that.
    Options
  • gabbo1928
    gabbo1928
    ✭✭✭

The event exacerbates the problem, but this isn't specifically about the event. There are skyshards, PvE missions (including 1 in IC that grants a skill point), and PvE achievements (such as Imperial Anchor Shatterer and Tamriel Anchor Destroyer) that players must go to those zones for.

There are plenty of players who can solo world bosses, but won't last 5 seconds against a PvP regular 1v1. When you adventure in a PvE zone and encounter a tough enemy, you can avoid them. If the wrong player spots you in Imperial City, they will hunt you down and kill you. When you die in a PvE zone, you can respawn where you stand. If you're killed by a player in Cyrodiil and no one in your faction is nearby, your only choice is to respawn far from your objective.

It ruins the gaming experience when you're focused on a mission objective, and you get ambushed by someone you stand no chance against. And for the PvP player, where's the honor in killing a player who isn't there to fight?
    Options
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldnt really care if they gave you guys a pve Cyrodiil and IC.

But no, you can't have ghost mode in competitive pvp.
    Options
  • gabbo1928
    gabbo1928
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Ah, so the intelligence gathering troll spy set. Now you to can follow around player groups making pushes behind your front lines to announce in zone chat!!!

You can already do this by stealthing. Which is arguably the better choice, because player groups could spot an unhidden non-combatant tailing them. I have builds that can sneak faster than some players on horseback. This is specifically for being able to complete PvE objectives without getting ganked.
    Or even better. See an enemy player and have your addon quickly equip the set with the press of the button to bypass the entire enemy group before quick swapping it.

I specifically mentioned having this set/buff only swappable at your alliance base.
    Also by the sound of it you forgot Alliance War NPCs!!! And the ability to no longer use, repair, or store siege weapons.

Perhaps I was unclear, but I am not a PvP player. There will be obviously be aspects of PvP gameplay that escape my notice.
    No, this is a horrible idea.

Thank you for your feedback. As I said in the original post, this is mostly in jest and out of frustration. I don't expect ZOS to implement this.
    Heartrage wrote: »
    @Vevvev

Good point. I'll edit my original post to disable healing as well.
    Options
  • gabbo1928
    gabbo1928
    ✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    I wouldnt really care if they gave you guys a pve Cyrodiil and IC.

But no, you can't have ghost mode in competitive pvp.

That would be awesome. They already spin up temporary instances during Mayhem. If they could have one with no capture points and player combat disabled so you can just do PvE dailies, that would be great. Other than the 90 minute wait time to queue, probably.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add a few more restrictions perhaps.

You can not use transitus shrines. All guards of all factions (including your own) are hostile toward you and do 100x their standard damage. You do zero damage to guards. You can't pick up Volundrung or elder scrolls. You can't affect other players with anything, heals, aoe, status effects, etc. This gear set can't be equipped/unequipped while in a pvp zone unless you are at a home base (so you can't toggle it on/off on a whim)

Now you can go gather your skyshards and do your questing in peace.
    Edited by redspecter23 on February 24, 2022 6:56PM
    Options
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabbo1928 wrote: »
    And for the PvP player, where's the honor in killing a player who isn't there to fight?
    honor in PvP?
    Options
  • gabbo1928
    gabbo1928
    ✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    And for the PvP player, where's the honor in killing a player who isn't there to fight?
    honor in PvP?

You're right. I don't know what I was thinking.
    Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. Dev time is valuable. This idea is just not worth it.

Bonus: it would be exploited.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • gabbo1928
    gabbo1928
    ✭✭✭

I don't know. The devs have been homogenizing a lot of stats in service of their "play your way" philosophy. Locking PvE activities and event rewards behind the gates of a PvP zone isn't very "play your way."

(again, I in no way expect ZOS to actually do this)
    Bonus: it would be exploited.

Isn't everything exploited in Cyrodiil?
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The event exacerbates the problem, but this isn't specifically about the event. There are skyshards, PvE missions (including 1 in IC that grants a skill point), and PvE achievements (such as Imperial Anchor Shatterer and Tamriel Anchor Destroyer) that players must go to those zones for.

There are plenty of players who can solo world bosses, but won't last 5 seconds against a PvP regular 1v1. When you adventure in a PvE zone and encounter a tough enemy, you can avoid them. If the wrong player spots you in Imperial City, they will hunt you down and kill you. When you die in a PvE zone, you can respawn where you stand. If you're killed by a player in Cyrodiil and no one in your faction is nearby, your only choice is to respawn far from your objective.

It ruins the gaming experience when you're focused on a mission objective, and you get ambushed by someone you stand no chance against. And for the PvP player, where's the honor in killing a player who isn't there to fight?

Everything you just listed is a PVP activity.

Sure, you are doing PVE related things. But you have to do them in a PVP area. Skyshards in particular literally require you to complete PVP objectives to get them all. PVE quests are intentionally centered around capturable towns that influcence PVP interactions and encourages PVP encounters.

Your idea is bad. If you don't like an aspect of the game you can just not participate in that aspect of the game. I am not a big fan of Vet trials but you don't see me complaining on the forums about all those unobtainable achievements that I cannot get because I don't like the content. PVP areas are apparently not for you, and that is ok. Not every aspect of this game has to cater to your needs, find a part of the game that does and get over it.
    Options
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, let’s get this straight, this is about adding a set that let you go and complete pve activities in pvp area without having to do or impact pvp. So this set has to:

-Disable healing, buffing, shielding, resurrecting and cleansing allies from any abilities and sets.
    -Disable any revealing, damage dealing, debuffing and cc from any abilities and sets on enemy players and factions NPC while still being able to do all these on unaffiliated monsters.
    -Disable all ap reward from group objective taking or kills.
    -Adjust or disable tel var reward because of the loss of risk.
    -Disable the in combat state while being engaged or engaging other enemy players.
    -Disable aggression with enemy faction NPC.
    -Disable the ability to take any pvp objectives, interact with walls, siege engines and other pvp items.
    -This set can’t also be equipped anywhere contrary to any other set in the game.

With all these effects, troll scouting and pacifists players taking too much spots in the campaign population still could become a problem. But, even if they didn’t, we are talking about the most complicated set of equipment to have ever been implemented in the history of ESO if not of any mmorpg.

Options
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You make excellent points. Maybe they should, only during the event, create one zone (you can't go in there if you have any of the PVP zones flagged as your primary campaign/) that is PVE and you can't attack anyone. All emperor keeps are not own by any faction but by Imperials instead and they randomly will scout the area. Making it interesting for PVE players in that zone.

IC I think would be fine as a PVE zone because there a lot of enemies to fight.

I was originally against PVP zones having a PVE map but after thinking about it, I think they should only during the event. And like PVP zone it should limit the number of players in the zone, this could encourage some PVE players to join PVP zone to see how it is and maybe get them over to the dark side.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know. The devs have been homogenizing a lot of stats in service of their "play your way" philosophy. Locking PvE activities and event rewards behind the gates of a PvP zone isn't very "play your way."

That's not what they meant when they gave that statement to the public and the players. There are rewards behind everything, and you can't expect to get rewards for a particular piece of content by not playing it. PvP is probably the most true to form way of the "play your own way" there is in ESO in all honesty with how many branching build ideas there are. Not just DPS/Healer/Tank roles that you're shackled to, and each class has a different combination and way of securing a victory over your opponent.

The play your way is more in regards to play what content you want to do. Don't want to PvP? You don't have to, and before someone points at the Alliance War skill line let me remind you that repair kits and log in rewards exist. You can level up a character's PvP rank and skill line through login rewards, and that 100k AP that dropped that one month people cried over was a worth a LOT of experience on a new toon you didn't want to throw into the gauntlet.
    Options
  • AngryOldMan
    AngryOldMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mythical set:
    Cyrodil Skyshard Hunters ring:
    1 Piece: You are invicible to all players, and can not see other players. You can not attack guards or players, and you take no damage from guards or players. You can pass locked alliance gates. This ring can only be equiped or removed outside of Cyrodil
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't like PvP myself. However if I had to get the skyshards, do quests, dolmens and delves as it is now, so should everyone else.
    Options
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a PvE player, there are few things more frustrating than having to venture into a PvP zone for skyshards/skillpoints, or to earn Event Tickets, only to be swiftly killed by another player when you clearly aren't there for PvP combat. I'm only half joking in this suggestion, because I don't think ZOS would ever add it to the game, but I would use the hell out of it if they did.

Location: All faction bases in Cyrodiil, Imperial City, and any future PvP zones.
    5 Items: You become impervious to damage and snares from enemy players, and are unable to damage or snare them yourself. You cannot heal other players. You cannot capture flags, and all AP gain from group player kills or flag capture is disabled.

The set could have a unique visual effect -- such as a long pole with a white flag -- to identify non-combatants to other players. And if they could make it so you can only equip/unequip this set while inside your faction base, that could stem abuse. Alternately, a font placed in faction bases that grants this same function as a 2hr "I'm Only Here For the Skyshards" buff would also be acceptable.

I'm not going to say how yet there is a way to login to PvP, accomplish everything you just said and be almost to the point of no one knowing you're there. No offense but if more people took a little time to learn how PvP works you would notice this or something close enough to it almost immediately and most of these problems with other players would vanish.

Of course I admit sometimes you have weird guys out there waiting for people near the quest givers and spooky stuff like that. Btw these are the same guys you can't escape from. I would recommend avoiding them lol.
    Today Victory is mine, Long Live the Empire. GG
    Options
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    I want a set for all games modes that allow me to bypass any game mode I'm not interested in, and go straight to the rewards and payoff.
    Options
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mythical set:
    Cyrodil Skyshard Hunters ring:
    1 Piece: You are invicible to all players, and can not see other players. You can not attack guards or players, and you take no damage from guards or players. You can pass locked alliance gates. This ring can only be equiped or removed outside of Cyrodil

One Ring To Rule Them All!!!
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

Options
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you can do like I do and only go to quest hubs that are controlled by your alliance and picking the closest quest. You might have to jump instances on occasion but I have only been killed a few times as a PvE player when going into an instance where my alliance controls their main quest hubs. Even then the ganker usually doesn't last long when their location is announced in chat. And I do it all without stealth.
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand these complaints.

You can easily get event tickets without doing any PvP. Even if you get killed once or twice.

See, what this complaint really is, is "I can't farm 50 boxes from all the towns." It's not the event tickets at all.

No, you can't farm 50 boxes without a risk.

Wild, wild thought here, but maybe try to learn to defend yourself? Or, face the facts that you won't get 50 boxes.

And i've said it before but will say it again:

No proper PvP players are sitting in Bruma ganking PVE players. It's pve players attacking each other, or, people are flipping the town because they're playing the map.
    Edited by Brrrofski on February 25, 2022 7:30AM
    Options
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, just skip the event as I do. No dev time needed to make/implement new gear.

Sure I may not get the skyshards, ever, in those PvP areas, but I get enough just from doing the PvE areas to max my characters. I also don't get the event rewards, but by the end of the year I always send up with everything I want anyways.

Easier to just let players that want that type of activity have at it, so long as they don't implement a set that allows PvP in the PvE areas, I say leave well enough alone.
    Options
  • Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or just make it a toggle you can only activate in your alliance base, kinda like passive mode in GTA Online.

Also, don't know if the majority of the replies here are just trolling, but this goes beyond wanting to "farm 50 boxes" with no risks. I don't think it's a stretch to say that it's not exactly fun doing anything even slightly PvE-related in Cyro or IC with all the sweaty proc set-having "pro gamers" insta-deleting anything that moves. And since PvE players can make use of those skyshards and quests too, why not just make it so, if someone wants it, they can go in "passive mode" and go about their merry way? They can't hurt you or heal your enemies, and the same is true for the reverse. There's legitimately no way to exploit it if it's only something you can toggle in your home base.
    But I suspect everyone that is reflexively dismissing this probably just loves killing the poor *** fishing in delves because "It's PvP bro".

Ah yes, valuable time they decided to spend making a *** card minigame, give me a *** break.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
    Options
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mushroomancer
    I’m a pve player, i skipped most MM except when i did BGs to get the tickets. This year, i tried cyrodiil and discovered that i can easily make my tickets in less than 15 minutes even on a bad unoptimized character.

Pve players don’t need the skyshards from cyrodiil. We can get more than enough skill points from pve content. Pvp sets can also be bought from the auction house if we want to collect them.

Any time spent on making an in game card game is better spent than putting it on making cyrodiil an opt-out pvp zone.
    Options
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP: this is a good idea. Don’t let some of the obnoxious posts deter you. It’s the function of PVP.
    Options
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭

Add you can also not earn skillpoints, XP, gold, AP, or Tel-Var and sure.
    Options