The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

You should be able to complete quest prior to being removed from a dungeon!

• Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I’ve only recently started playing pve this is really frustrating with chest locations too because I don’t want to lag behind the group and not do my part but sometimes they’re speed runs in dungeons like wgt I just about get lost although some players are extremely helpful too
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOT COOL! You should not be thrown out while the quest is active!

Please add this to the next patch because it's highly annoying and unacceptable!

Agreed.
  • GlennGVZ
    GlennGVZ
    ✭✭
    I have never ever read the quest text in any dungeon.

I know that the group will not wait, and I just need it completed, so i just click the first choice over and over again until the quest updates.

It is a terrible design, and very frustrating.

Stop removing the player from the instanced area, so they can complete the quest and explore, the experience is just finish, get loot, rinse and repeat and the original design of the dungeon, look and feel and quest text is totally wasted because you cannot explore the dungeon or take your time, just finish and leave.

Players being polite or rude is not the problem, it is a design problem.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on July 15, 2018 5:00PM
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.
    Did you guys tell the group in the beginning of the dungeons that you want to do the quest? If nobody says a word people will rush though it. If you tell them you need the quest then most groups will wait for you - at least in my experience.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes thats lame. I dont understand why should you be removed from a dungeon at all
    Rawr
  • Jas_Matharoo
    Jas_Matharoo
    Soul Shriven
    This has got to be one of the most annoying things in the game. It has happened to me on at least 3 different dungeons on numerous occasions and there is nothing you can do about it if the rest of the group leaves.

I'm extremely disappointed that this hasn't been altered or at least reviewed considering the date of the OP along with other posts addressing the same issue.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell your group at the start of the dungeon then again after killing the final boss.
    Probably 90% of players you stick around d if they knew you needed the quest.
  • Desmuu
    Desmuu
    ✭✭
    Hard agree, I've been unable to turn in quests at the end of dungeons pretty often because the whole group leaves and idk where the NPC is.
    Should've been Roscrea
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

As this thread was originally created in March 2017, we decided to close it down. Please feel free to start a new topic on this subject if you wish to discuss it further.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.