The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

BUGGED QUEST---- STOMPING SINMUR ----- UNABLE TO ADVANCE

• SeveronSylvana
    This quest is still bugged. The game has been out now for almost 2 months. I'd have preferred they delayed the actual launch of the game 3 months later. Instead I'm now paying a sodding subscription for a game that's still in bloody Beta! FFS!!!

I have relogged, inside and outside the area. I have abandoned the quest. I have abandoned all the quests and retaken it.
    Edited by SeveronSylvana on May 18, 2014 5:04PM
  • AVCN
    AVCN
    ✭✭
    Well, managed to complete it without major bugs. It was, however, the only and single active Rift quest, even tough there were untriggered ones. Yep, collected the shards.

He's a mofo SOB, used some 4 soul gems and some 6 healing potions at level 46, DK Argonian tank not grouped and well-fed (health-increasing food). Kept running around him, hoping the odd healing from the mage NPC would be of any help. Took me at least 5 min.

Now, I used a shard -had both two-, he froze, his health dropped down -a lot- but it was still a lot of HPs. Some other enemy (can't remember his name) appeared (or was there all the time un noticed). Had to deal with him. At that point the shard's effect run out, all Sinmur´s HPs recovered. The mage froze, bugged, as if he was trying to put/use/summon the remaining shard at the altar/brazier/whatever. It never showed up and the mage just soot there doing... Something.

Sinmur at least once left the area chasing me and the other NPCs when he was about 1/2 health. Guess what? He run back to his starting point and recovered all that damned high original HP...

F-wording hard good fight. But for some reason, not as rewarding as the victory over Doshia... Dunno why. Maybe its my weakness to Harversters. Can't take down those biatches with any ease...
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the easiest last main quest among three factions. Went in at L38, activated shard right away, and pretty much watched the battle with minimum amount of involvement.

I did have 3 shards, all from quests picked up between Riften and final battleground. Upon activation, Sinmur instantly lost about 90-99% of the health.

I guess the percentage of health loss will depends on how many shards you posses before entering the battle, each will drop his health by 30-33%? Not sure about the time constraints, he never recovered in my fight. When his health is low, he and the wormcultist will separate, I did focus attack on the cultist first.
    Edited by crislevin on May 19, 2014 1:42PM
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest is bugged for me as well. Sinmur never shows. Pretty darn disappointed ...
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS, it is unacceptable that this is still bugged at this point. I am VR5 and would like to move on to the next zone. No, I have not completed all the other quests in the area, and no, I would not like to do so right now. I have tried everything that everyone is suggesting to do on this thread, other than get the 3 shards- but I don't want to do that because it's nice to have a challenge every now and then in the midst of ridiculously easy questing content.

My original goal was to do Cadwell's Almanac for VR5 zone, then move through all the VR6-10 zones to farm endgame materials so that I can craft really good items, which I highly enjoy. However, I cannot move on to the VR6-10 zones without doing this bugged quest, and I am seriously annoyed. I'm not one of the entitled idiots that will quit the game over this, but bugs that halt progress should be prioritized over EVERYTHING else. What point does balance/a broken skill have if I can't move on with the game?

rip decibel
  • GeeYouWhy
    GeeYouWhy
    ✭✭✭
    First time I tried this I activated the shards (only collected 2 as the third quest was bugged) and then tried to kill Sinmur, only he wouldn't die. I then noticed there was a second mob (the necromancer what ever his name was) and proceeded to cut him down. After finishing him off I then focused on the giant again but the task was simply impossible. I could not possibly overcome his healing rate and I retreated, tried different weapons and finally died.

I then dropped the quest, tried to get the third shard again and encountered a new bug on that quest and decided to try one more time against Sinmur on my own. I activated the shard, immediately focused on the necromancer and then turned to Sinmur and he was dead within 30 seconds.

WTF? I thought. Then I realized the first time I had wasted a lot of time before I even saw the necromancer and by the time I returned to Sinmur the shard buff had expired and unfortunately you can't reactivate it or at least I couldn't because I did try.

With the shard buff in place the mighty giant didn't last long.
    Konrandir, Vampire Sorcerer
  • kamohs212eb17_ESO
    kamohs212eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Abandoning all quests except main story +3 relogs outside helps.
    Kill Sinmur with one shard used. NB archer 4 heavy armor + 3 medium.
    Edited by kamohs212eb17_ESO on May 23, 2014 6:06PM
  • Azulin
    Azulin
    Still bugged as of today - abandoning, relogging hasn't worked so far
  • Nolphi
    Nolphi
    ✭✭✭
    Same here bugged as hell. As is the Fullhelm quest, the door won't open even though the prompt for pressing E does show. Man, so many bugs so late after launch... pretty sucky!
    Clan Nolphi Family Gaming
    Follow @kingnolphi on twitter
  • Raseth
    Raseth
    Soul Shriven
    If Sinmur doesn't show up when you enter then leave, abbandon ALL quests you currently have, retake the Sinmur quest and it should work. A while ago i was stuck on this one as well, for like 5 days, until a guildie came up with this. No relogs, UI reloads or teaming up with other players helped at the time.
    Hope this works for you guys as well. GL!
  • alarikub17_ESO
    For those having difficulty (not full out bugs): The zone is supposed to be done starting at the north east where you come down from Eastmarch and go in a counter clockwise direction - complete most areas and then march on Sinmur.

Unlike myself ... possible spoilers
    ...who had gone to east march via the rift - teleported to Riften when I was done with East march. Then went out and did a few quests ended up facing Sinmur. I then realized I had done it wrong - went picked up a few shards of the axe. Then I actually did the quest where Sinmur gets resurrected and attacks Riften (I had help repair Riften from his attack long before on my way to EastMarch) and moved on to where the axe was shattered (despite already having the shards in my bag).
    who did it mostly backwards.

The problem is that is is quite easy to do things in the "wrong" order in this zone.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently at this quest now. I am at 60/61 quests in my log and upon entering, Sinmur is bugged in the wrong place. Health is 181k not 81k, and not taking any damage. He keeps regening and then resetting. Tried to pull him down to the circle but then resets to the top again. Gathered all shards, which are not showing active in the braziers (I think they are suppose to) Tried abandoning and logging several times now. The quest is now stuck with the king and his groupies still fighting the giant even if it is abandoned. King won't reset so I can speak with him before the assault on the cultists or Sinmar. Last thing I need to finish to get on to daggerfall......:(
  • games99b16_ESO
    games99b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This worked for me. Im so happy. Drop all but main quest line which cant be abandon.
    I had a grp quest for a lower level dungeon and when i wiped it it worked as a charm.

Big thanks!

If Sinmur doesn't show up when you enter then leave, abbandon ALL quests you currently have, retake the Sinmur quest and it should work. A while ago i was stuck on this one as well, for like 5 days, until a guildie came up with this. No relogs, UI reloads or teaming up with other players helped at the time.
    Hope this works for you guys as well. GL!
  • Valtaya
    Valtaya
    Soul Shriven
    quest bugged for 6+ weeks
    still not fixed
    shows us how zenimax care
    incompetent lazy ***, all of them
  • kgallellab14_ESO
    Thete wrote: »
    Hyrisk wrote: »
    So. It seems it may not be bugged for me as he appears just fine, I have a problem killing him though, he has a ton of hp. Someone told me to use the axe of wuthraad or something. Idk what that is or even if I have it. Any ideas?

Apparently, if you make sure all the other quests in the zone are done (to gather the shards of Wuthraad), then he is a lot easier. I didn't do this either (not because I didn't want to, the game just didn't direct or even hint). So, I encountered this behemoth on silly number of hit points. I couldn't kill him where he was because the room is quite small, so I kited him down the stairs and ran around the very large area down there whilst keeping a DoT on him and plinking him with arrows, always ensuring I was a good safe distance from him. It took me a good 10-15 minutes but he did die.

I did do all the previous quests to get the shards and I can confirm it is a LOT easier to kill him. Once you are up where Sinmur is, there is a single brazier nearby and when you use it Sinmur loses almost all his health.

• Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thete wrote: »
    Hyrisk wrote: »
    So. It seems it may not be bugged for me as he appears just fine, I have a problem killing him though, he has a ton of hp. Someone told me to use the axe of wuthraad or something. Idk what that is or even if I have it. Any ideas?

Apparently, if you make sure all the other quests in the zone are done (to gather the shards of Wuthraad), then he is a lot easier. I didn't do this either (not because I didn't want to, the game just didn't direct or even hint). So, I encountered this behemoth on silly number of hit points. I couldn't kill him where he was because the room is quite small, so I kited him down the stairs and ran around the very large area down there whilst keeping a DoT on him and plinking him with arrows, always ensuring I was a good safe distance from him. It took me a good 10-15 minutes but he did die.

I did do all the previous quests to get the shards and I can confirm it is a LOT easier to kill him. Once you are up where Sinmur is, there is a single brazier nearby and when you use it Sinmur loses almost all his health.

I saw this but if for some reason he De-aggros, He gains it all back
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Karnus
    Karnus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did this quest in all kinds of random order. I killed Sinmur very early on, then I got the shards, then I killed the necromancer and got the haft and was told that Wuuthrad had been shattered and then that Sinmur was wreaking havok ..all after I had already killed him. Now I can't find anything to progress or finish this quest line.
    Formerly Karnus, the Marauder in Warhammer.
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STIL bugged, 1 year after first post ...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STIL bugged, 1 year after first post ...
    I did it last week and it was fine; what issue do you have?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SkinnyDG
    SkinnyDG
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged, OVER 1 year after original past.
  • s0n1k
    s0n1k
    Soul Shriven
    2018, still bugged GG
    3bauze4.jpg

@ZOS_GinaBruno pls fix, i want cooper color :(
  • s0n1k
    s0n1k
    Soul Shriven
    s0n1k wrote: »
    2018, still bugged GG
    3bauze4.jpg

@ZOS_GinaBruno pls fix, i want cooper color :(

okay... the solution is, abandon quest, wait 15m, enter, dont kill adds wait the *** slow king get attacked by adds to kill they or quest gets bugged
  • jlb1705
    jlb1705
    ✭✭✭
    Very cool and good that I'm getting this exact same bug nearly six (!) years after this thread was started.
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    jlb1705 wrote: »
    Very cool and good that I'm getting this exact same bug nearly six (!) years after this thread was started.

Eight now...