The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

BUGGED QUEST---- STOMPING SINMUR ----- UNABLE TO ADVANCE

• Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thete wrote: »
    Apparently, if you make sure all the other quests in the zone are done (to gather the shards of Wuthraad), then he is a lot easier. I didn't do this either (not because I didn't want to, the game just didn't direct or even hint). So, I encountered this behemoth on silly number of hit points. I couldn't kill him where he was because the room is quite small, so I kited him down the stairs and ran around the very large area down there whilst keeping a DoT on him and plinking him with arrows, always ensuring I was a good safe distance from him. It took me a good 10-15 minutes but he did die.

Uhm, Vigrod actually tells you that you won't have much of a chance without the shards and directs you towards at least one of them.
    So unless people just click through the quest dialogue without listening and/or reading, there have been hints.
    Also, if you explored a bit, you should have at least two shards prior to the fight:
    Lost Prospect
    is one place to get a shard.
    Forelhost
    is another.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Kalagon
      Kalagon
      Soul Shriven
      Quest still bugged.
    • Norga666
      Norga666
      Something that helped me:

I waited in next to Vigrod for another player, who came the first. Made a group of two, the other went in first and....bling! it worked
    • Mister_Oolong
      Did the same, first with one, then with two others. No change, just a bunch of Pact leaders standing around and worm cultists up ahead. No triggered dialogue and no ghostly giant. Killing the cultists did not improve my mood.
    • Daendur
      Daendur
      ✭✭✭
      i did it yesterday. Sinmur was there it just got bugged doing it.
      i had to kill him with straight combat ... all 90k hp.
    • shadrakukb16_ESO
      shadrakukb16_ESO
      Soul Shriven
      Bugged for me too.
      Just a bunch of Pact leaders standing around and worm cultists up ahead.
      No dialogue, no giant and killing stuff doesn't help.
    • MrFiddle
      MrFiddle
      Soul Shriven
      still bugged :/
    • Kalagon
      Kalagon
      Soul Shriven
      Still bugged.
    • Tazzik
      Tazzik
      Said it in another thread, but I'll say it here too. Drop every quest you have (except the main story that cannot be dropped). The quests should work after that. I had been dropping only my bugged quests for about a week trying to get it to work, but nothing helped until I dropped everything. Now all of my quests work again.
    • thilog
      thilog
      ✭✭✭
      I tried to do this with a party of 3 yesterday and it didn't work. I had to leave the party and it instantly worked.

This is the case of many solo missions, even though you should be able to access solo content whilst in a group, it is often the case that leaving the group actually gives you access. Relogging in the same area as the quest npc often fixes this as well, or resetting your graphic settings, put them to zero minimum settings, then back to default can resolve this. It's even possible to fix invisible attackers in this way.
      Edited by thilog on April 25, 2014 12:43PM
    • thilog
      thilog
      ✭✭✭
      Thete wrote: »
      Hyrisk wrote: »
      So. It seems it may not be bugged for me as he appears just fine, I have a problem killing him though, he has a ton of hp. Someone told me to use the axe of wuthraad or something. Idk what that is or even if I have it. Any ideas?

Apparently, if you make sure all the other quests in the zone are done (to gather the shards of Wuthraad), then he is a lot easier. I didn't do this either (not because I didn't want to, the game just didn't direct or even hint). So, I encountered this behemoth on silly number of hit points. I couldn't kill him where he was because the room is quite small, so I kited him down the stairs and ran around the very large area down there whilst keeping a DoT on him and plinking him with arrows, always ensuring I was a good safe distance from him. It took me a good 10-15 minutes but he did die.

There is a point in the game, when you can talk to the ghost of the one that originally wielded wulthraad. Can't remember his name, but he, explains to you that if you collect all the pieces of the axe and forge them anew that it would be a powerful weapon. I guess this is a big issue for those of you that rush the game, you miss vital and important info by skipping text or ignoring vital npc's that can give you core information.

Using the Axe on Sinmur, reduces him from 90k hps to around 8k hps. A bit of a difference.

Edited by thilog on April 25, 2014 12:49PM
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      thilog wrote: »
      There is a point in the game, when you can talk to the ghost of the one that originally wielded wulthraad. Can't remember his name, but he, explains to you that if you collect all the pieces of the axe and forge them anew that it would be a powerful weapon. I guess this is a big issue for those of you that rush the game, you miss vital and important info by skipping text or ignoring vital npc's that can give you core information.

Using the Axe on Sinmur, reduces him from 90k hps to around 8k hps. A bit of a difference.

That would be the ghost of Ysgramor, leader of the 500 companions. Greatest hero of us proud Nord people.

And yeah, the game gives plenty of hints that the shards are important to recover. Both Ysgramor's spirit and Vigrod mention it several times, as does Valdur's spirit.
      Skipping over quest dialogue when doing quests for the first time is a bad idea...
      Edited by Kendaric on April 25, 2014 2:34PM
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      • Kvasi
        Kvasi
        Tazzik wrote: »
        Said it in another thread, but I'll say it here too. Drop every quest you have (except the main story that cannot be dropped). The quests should work after that. I had been dropping only my bugged quests for about a week trying to get it to work, but nothing helped until I dropped everything. Now all of my quests work again.

Didn't work.
      • jwolf
        jwolf
        Soul Shriven

This just saved me after almost 3 weeks of being halted at VR1 to bugs. Stomping Sinmuar and Army of Meridia were both bugged for me prior to doing this for over 2 weeks despite a lot of exchanges with support (also tried out the German language trick, and logged out for 15 mins at the same time just in case), and now they both let me proceed past them.

I ended up grinding to VR1 hoping to be able to reach VR content, but these quests halted that for the past few weeks.

Thanks for discovering that, Tazzik.
      • Rhian-Skybladeb16_ESO
        Stomping Sinmur is bugged for me - and so is The Weight of Three Crowns, and also Storming the Hall.

Sinmur does not appear... after I killed everyone in the area. All I get is just the quest arrow where he should be.

The three rulers do not appear, so I cannot listen to them and advance the quest

And that guy for Storming the Hall is not useable - you cannot talk to him

Really sucks...
        I relogged several times, waited a few days... did other quests... quests remain bugged.
      • thilog
        thilog
        ✭✭✭
        Stomping Sinmur is bugged for me - and so is The Weight of Three Crowns, and also Storming the Hall.

Sinmur does not appear... after I killed everyone in the area. All I get is just the quest arrow where he should be.

The three rulers do not appear, so I cannot listen to them and advance the quest

And that guy for Storming the Hall is not useable - you cannot talk to him

Really sucks...
        I relogged several times, waited a few days... did other quests... quests remain bugged.

I think everyone has the problem with Vigord at storming the halls..

As for sinmur, he appears, I use the shards, I'm happily dodging around him chipping away at his 8k hps or whatever it is.. the bloody mage kills me.. i wasn't paying attention. I res at the door, run back. The 4 ai that join you, the mage and the giant are all standing still. Doing nothing. Not even picking their noses. I hit the giant to 0. But he's still standing there. I hit the mage to 0, the mage doesn't even respond during this amazing oh so amazing battle.. then they both die, quest ends. I walk away triumphant.. not.

As for dealing with bugged quests. This is what I do. Relog. Abandon Quest. Relog. Take quest. And with luck it works. Also helps if you're not in a group.
        Edited by thilog on April 26, 2014 8:00PM
      • Kalagon
        Kalagon
        Soul Shriven
        1 Abandon all quests except your main story quest.

2 Go do your main story quest, or the next part your on.

3 Go get sinmur quest again and go in and finish.

This worked for me as Tazzik posted up above. It fixed all 3 of my bugged quests.
        Edited by Kalagon on April 27, 2014 2:55AM
      • Yepitsmephitz
        I've also dropped, relogged, redid quest. I also got all 3 shards.. but no spawn. I'll try dropping "all" quests except main... that .. pretty much sucks tho. My other bugged quest is Circus... of (mages guild) Shegorath never shows, so maybe that will fix that as well. I'll let you know
      • Yepitsmephitz
        Like a dream! I actually did not drop every quest, and found I was missing the last piece (from the Fort)... after that when I walked intot he summit, the King was ready to talk to me, asking me to follow him into battle. yay! So here here, drop excess quests (maybe), and definately have all 3 shards, you'll know how many by talking to the NPC outside the summit, who tells you how many you have found, and the hint to the next.
      • Yepitsmephitz
        fyi after getting this quest to completion, the mage quest picked right up and didn't bug on me. Feeling good no more bugged quests in my log.
      • Mackeh
        Mackeh
        ✭✭
        still bugged for me ..

reported ages ago ..

so boring ..
      • Odinsblade
        april 30, quest is still bugged.
      • Nick_Klaus
        It's not bugged. Collect all 3 shards, then go do the quest. Works fine, just helped a guy out.

Use the shard on giant. It'll bring it HP to ~17k. Or else good luck spending your time and energy killing 183k giant who doesn't even give any XP.

• Kalagon
        Kalagon
        Soul Shriven
        actually it can be bugged. I was the original poster and I had already gotten all 3 shards and completed every other quest in zone. ESO is aware and this should be fixed next patch with others that have the same issue of the event not starting.
      • stvhierro
        stvhierro
        Soul Shriven
        Abandon all quests in your journal and just leave your main story.Then Stomping Sinmur quest will work!
      • jackub17_ESO23
        jackub17_ESO23
        Soul Shriven
        ARGH - this was so aggravating.
        -
        I did all of the rift quests - have the achievement. This is the only quest left. NPC outside thanks me for collecting all of the shards. Go inside and King tells me to kill it. All I see are some worm cultists, King and company just stand there doing nothing. Kill all the cultists, but no Sinmur anywhere. Drop the quest – log off. Log back in – pick up the quest outside – go back in - same thing. Over and over. I'm done - I go to bed.

Next day during lunch I try again. The only other non-main quests I have are pvp. Drop all of them – now I have one quest in my log – the weight of the three crowns (main line quest – travel to Stirk). Again pick up the quest outside – now quest log only has two quests. Same thing.

Drop the quest. Log back off in complete frustration. Go for an hour run. Back/shower, try it again.

AND IT WORKS. Now Joruun and company join in the fight. And there is Sinmur at the end of the path. Both he and the mage die after using the brazier in no time at all. Very anti-climactic – I’m like – that is it? I think I only tossed maybe a dozen shots or so. I can’t believe how stupid this was – after using the brazier I only had to move once to avoid some fire tossed by the mage. This can’t be the final battle for Rift – it was no harder than any trash mob – heck – easier.

I’m shaking my head beginning to wonder why am I paying for this?
      • Odinsblade
        stvhierro wrote: »
        Abandon all quests in your journal and just leave your main story.Then Stomping Sinmur quest will work!
        true, this worked for me also (doesnt matter how many shards you got )

• poochie
        poochie
        ✭✭✭
        Yea trying to beat Sinmur but I die too many times as ranged and these npcs just stand around I mean what the hell is the point of having npcs help if they don't do any god damn damage. The god damn healer doesn't even heal me. I used 1 shard I guess to split the 2 and so where are the other shards to kick this giants ass? 17k hp still is way too damn much.
      • larofa79
        larofa79
        the giant is a monster, it has almost 81k life, I managed to kill classic form of "hit and run", it took almost 15 minutes, leave the "Skald-King" to the service. Do not use the crystal.

• enochhale
        enochhale
        Soul Shriven
        I found that all you have to do is go up the stairs to a higher level where the king is. It is deceptive because when you walk in the circle on the lower level it looks like this is where Sinmar is supposed to be, but he is up top. Hope this helps.