The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

BUGGED QUEST---- STOMPING SINMUR ----- UNABLE TO ADVANCE

Kalagon
Kalagon
Soul Shriven
Title says it all. I some how am the only person with this Main zone quest bugged. Stomping sinmur is the final quest in the rift and is a major quest. I would love to move on but I cannot access Cold harbor because according to my guildmates you get PORTED to cold harbor. So I cannot advance and play the next zone.
  • Kalagon
    Kalagon
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone else know have this quest bugged?
  • Mace
    Mace
    ✭✭
    yeah I had it bugged for about a day. when you enter the area, the skald-king or whatever his name is should start a dialogue. If the mobs are spawned and you're fighting them without NPC helpers Sinmur won't spawn.

I kept relogging outside of the instance and eventually it worked for me.
    Good luck!
    Masce
  • jirikiwi+tesopreeb18_ESO
    Hi there,

Unfortunately you are not the only one with the quest bugged, i just spend the entire evening trying to get to a working instance for this quest (exit instance, drop quest, log out, wait ~10 mins for the instance to reset -> login again, accept quest and go back in) however i just get the spawned bugged instance. I bugged the mission two days ago, so could someone look into it and advance the quest? I also filed a GM ticket yesterday and it's unanswered, so i'm stuck too in the rift i guess? Not a great way to spend a evening.

Thanks
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Tried relogging, /reloadui, etc. Sinmur just won't show up. Got nothing to do but to wait until this is fixed..
    “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. I assume Sinmur is simply too afraid to face me, but that fact won't help me progress in the game. :(
  • derpmonster
    derpmonster
    ✭✭
    I tried to do this with a party of 3 yesterday and it didn't work. I had to leave the party and it instantly worked.

Now that may have just been luck, I don't know. But we all tried reloading into the area and re-logging several times.

So just keep going back and forth until the npcs start moving forward.
    Edited by derpmonster on April 16, 2014 12:13AM
  • MrFiddle
    MrFiddle
    Soul Shriven
    Sinmur is bugged for me as well. Seems like most in the zone chat have this issue, to make it worse it's a main quest. /sigh. better bring the game down for 10 hours to fix this one
  • kreekitb16_ESO
    kreekitb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    hihihi did you do all the quests before trying to kill the damn giant Ghost? ... specially the Wuuuuuthrad - Shards ("whatever") quest? ... because you can try and kill the Giant without completing the other Quest, you just going to have to kill him ALL by yourself then... and doing that as a Team, id call cheating :))
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    hihihi did you do all the quests before trying to kill the damn giant Ghost? ... specially the Wuuuuuthrad - Shards ("whatever") quest? ... because you can try and kill the Giant without completing the other Quest, you just going to have to kill him ALL by yourself then... and doing that as a Team, id call cheating :))

I've done all quests I've found. I have no way of knowing where the wuthraad shards are though. :expressionless:
    Same here, i have 67 / 68 of the Rif Quest achievement and one would think this is the last one, also the guy on the entrance on the right side(Vidgrod Wraithbane) says the skaldguy thanks me for collecting all shards yadda yadda etc, The wizard (Valdam Andoren) inside says the thing about when he gives the word activate the brazier, buuuuuut nothing happens, no big bad meany person to bite in his ankle :(
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    I reported this quest over a week ago. And again this morning. This would be my last quest in The Rift as well.
    Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often - BETA Group: 85 b 9
    Does anyone know if it is possible to enter a next zone without this quest (cold harbor ? beside the other faction area's i see no other place to go to), or are we just supposed to stay stuck in the rift until they fix it and just level some other toon on a different faction or pvp or grind bosses in public dungeons or whatever?

Thanks in advance.
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is. I am there now. Sorry to say I can't remember where I picked up the quest. Try looking up The Hollow City quests. Maybe that will help.
    Edited by Ulvich on April 16, 2014 5:04PM
    Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Kalagon
    Kalagon
    Soul Shriven
    Just an Update, Quest is still bugged but you can Travel to player to someone coldharbor in your guild or group and then you'll have the wayshrine and you can start on those quests. I work around to continue leveling but these bugged quests will be the downfall of ESO if its not fixed soon there is just so many.
  • MrFiddle
    MrFiddle
    Soul Shriven
    still bugged. woohoo immersion gone!
  • Pampero
    Pampero
    this is still buggedddddd. what ZOS team doing...... gold seller, tons of bugged quest, item dupe bugs, abnormal maint. im getting boring.
  • Synd
    Synd
    Soul Shriven
    Bugged out for me too..
  • Kalagon
    Kalagon
    Soul Shriven
    Same checked early this morning still bugged.
  • Synd
    Synd
    Soul Shriven
    Come on guys. No fix for this yet?
  • ryands60
    ryands60
    Soul Shriven
    has been bugged for almost a week for me now, literally stopping all progression in its tracks since like others have mentioned, its a pre-req. to enter the final zone. Its not for lack of trying, I have probably dedicated 1-2 hours every day just reloading the zone praying for the best but nothing.

Its quiet depressing, this is pretty much a game breaking flaw that should of been fixed with yesterdays maintenance during prime-time Friday(thats another whole issue, who even does that.)
  • Synd
    Synd
    Soul Shriven
    ryands60 wrote: »
    has been bugged for almost a week for me now, literally stopping all progression in its tracks since like others have mentioned, its a pre-req. to enter the final zone. Its not for lack of trying, I have probably dedicated 1-2 hours every day just reloading the zone praying for the best but nothing.

Its quiet depressing, this is pretty much a game breaking flaw that should of been fixed with yesterdays maintenance during prime-time Friday(thats another whole issue, who even does that.)

oh wow a week? IT's just been one day for me and already getting me annoyed with the game. Wouldn't bother me so much if it was just a side quest or something.
  • Tyaen
    Tyaen
    I've now done everything in the zone, and there is nothing left to do. This is blocking my progression as well. Zenimax's response to me was they don't have a fix, and to try to abandon and re-log which of course I've already done at least a dozen times.
  • Kalagon
    Kalagon
    Soul Shriven
    A reminder, You can bypass the quest to get to coldharbor. just have a guild member go to coldharbor and do TRAVEL TO PLAYER. then you can atleast do the coldharbor zone.................HOWEVER Coldharbor has SEVERAL other broken quests including the final quest in that zone, but at least you can start on those other quests.
  • Hyrisk
    Hyrisk
    Soul Shriven
    So. It seems it may not be bugged for me as he appears just fine, I have a problem killing him though, he has a ton of hp. Someone told me to use the axe of wuthraad or something. Idk what that is or even if I have it. Any ideas?
  • Kalagon
    Kalagon
    Soul Shriven
    do every other quest in the zone and u will uncover parts of wuthraad. then your supposed to click on a brazier around him which will drop him to like 1% health. This is what my guildmates have said, I cannot be sure as It is still bugged and Ive never done it.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Hyrisk wrote: »
    So. It seems it may not be bugged for me as he appears just fine, I have a problem killing him though, he has a ton of hp. Someone told me to use the axe of wuthraad or something. Idk what that is or even if I have it. Any ideas?

Apparently, if you make sure all the other quests in the zone are done (to gather the shards of Wuthraad), then he is a lot easier. I didn't do this either (not because I didn't want to, the game just didn't direct or even hint). So, I encountered this behemoth on silly number of hit points. I couldn't kill him where he was because the room is quite small, so I kited him down the stairs and ran around the very large area down there whilst keeping a DoT on him and plinking him with arrows, always ensuring I was a good safe distance from him. It took me a good 10-15 minutes but he did die.
  • Mister_Oolong
    Logged in after server maintenance today. Still doesn't work. Oh, joy of joys!
    Yup just tried it again and it's still bugged here, i also heard nothing of the GM ticket to help me out with this quest, so i am very very dissapointed in the service there.
  • arielllua
    arielllua
    Soul Shriven
    It worked for me, a few days ago but, as everyone who did this ( I guess? ) I didn't knew I had to own the wuthraad shards xDD so it was reeeeeally hard
  • Quaesivi
    Quaesivi
    ✭✭✭
    Get 3 shards, becomes a 2 second fight. And I'd suggest doing quests very early/very late, because, well, whenever I've run into a quest that people claimed to be bugged, its mostly because too many people are trying at the same time, relogging may not always be the appropriate answer, however, doing those quests on more, quieter I guess, times allowed me to do every quest without a bug, including killing Molag Bal (which is a pathetic and very disappointing fight, those who can kill Sinmur at 80k hp, believe me Molag Bal would be far, far more easier). On busy days however, due to being a megaserver I assume, quests are bound to bug because the load is indeed too much.