The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which Racial Passives would you change and why?

Jyrus_JD
Jyrus_JD
I’m curious to see what the community would change
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would probably buff Wood Elves & Argonians in some way.

Argonian:
    Life Mender - Increases your Healing Done by 6%.

This passive is based on outdated gear set bonus that increases your healing by 4%. The thing is that back when ZOS was rebalancing racial passives, the gear set bonus was 2%. Later on, they buffed gear set bonus to 4%, but they forgot to update Argonian's racial passive. This passive should be either 12% (3x times of a gear set bonus), or maybe restored to what it was before racial rebalance (6% healing done & 6% healing taken).

Wood Elf:
    Hunter's Eye - just change it to how it was before, so it would decrease your detection radius, rather than help you detect invisible enemies. It has a very narrow use case (IC only ?) and is kinda useless as we have detection skills & potions.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 12, 2022 2:41PM
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wood Elf:
    Hunter's Eye - just change it to how it was before, so it would decrease your detection radius, rather than help you detect invisible enemies. It has a very narrow use case (IC only ?) and is kinda useless as we have detection skills & potions.

This.

• Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wood elf needs more pen I feel and redguard I'd like to see have some damage buff. I'd like khajjit to get their original crit chance over crit damage passive back
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am kind of happy with the Imperial.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer needs their stealth passive back.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As other say, bosmer has to be stealthy again!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give the Bosmer back their stealth and maybe make the Redguard cost reduction more broad with a reduced effect on non-weapon based skills as well.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    khajiit crit dmg -> back to crit chance.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nord

Weapon and spell damage like around 50-100
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer need decreased stealth detection radius. Drop increased stealth detection and I don’t know of any reason they should be resistant to poison or disease.

Redguard needs a boost, maybe reduced cost on all stamina skills as has been suggested.

Does it make sense for Argonians to have increased healing? For sure they are resistant to poison and disease but the improved healing seemed random to me. I could be wrong though. Still, with the emphasis on Sithis and the shadowscales, I feel like some kind of combat boost would be more appropriate.
  • BronzeCaiman
    BronzeCaiman
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer need decreased stealth detection radius. Drop increased stealth detection and I don’t know of any reason they should be resistant to poison or disease.

Redguard needs a boost, maybe reduced cost on all stamina skills as has been suggested.

Does it make sense for Argonians to have increased healing? For sure they are resistant to poison and disease but the improved healing seemed random to me. I could be wrong though. Still, with the emphasis on Sithis and the shadowscales, I feel like some kind of combat boost would be more appropriate.

The should give Argonians some weapon or spell damage honestly, the healing done passive does next to nothing when your DD healing with damage skills like Blood Craze, Bloodthirst and Structured Entropy.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosmer needs their stealth passive back.

If ZOS really don't want the same stealth passive for bosmer and khajit then allow bosmer to sneak at full speed, they are small and nimble afterall.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer are hands down BiS for cute. The burden they must carry for that is being cursed with the worst set of racial passives. ;)

Disclaimer: I play Bosmer and only Bosmer. I'd change games before changing race.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The should give Argonians some weapon or spell damage honestly, the healing done passive does next to nothing when your DD healing with damage skills like Blood Craze, Bloodthirst and Structured Entropy.
    Yep. Because spell / weapon damage > healing bonus. I mean I could never understand that. If you have a bonus that affects healing, and only healing and it does not boost your offensive "damage dealing" ability - then it should be a superior bonus to healing, right ?

Meanwhile in ESO a universal bonus to "power" (spell & weapon damage) that boost your damage dealing & healing abilities at the same time, actually gives stronger bonus to healing than a bonus that boost healing only...

So, yeah - either chang 6% healing done to universal weapon / spell damage, or just buff it to 12% healing done or something.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 14, 2022 1:01PM
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No the bonus to healing is truly out of no where like many racials in eso. Argonians did not receive a bonus to the restoration skill until Skyrim and it was only +5(Imperial is +10). The one thing Argonians have ALWAYS been the best at is movement speed. Ironically the slowest race (orc) got a bonus to sprint speed instead of Argonians. In the games that had Athletics and speed, Argonians have always had the highest combination of the two.

Argonians have also historically across the games had low starting hp due to having low endurance, so its a bit strange that they get a racial that gives 1000hp. Potion racial is obviously complete non sense and doesn't even require an explanation. Only racials that they got right for Argonians was swim speed and poison/disease resistance. Everything else is a complete fabrication with no justification.

A lore and game accurate racials for Argonians would be something more like

1: 15% extra xp in the Ledgermain skill(Argonians are the greatest lock pickers in tamriel)
    15% movement speed increase water and land

2: 1910 max magicka and stamina(argonians have never favored one over the other)

3: Immunity to poison status effect(argonians are not immune to disease, but have been immune to poison)
    2310 resistance to poison and disease
    When you take damage you heal for X hp over X seconds(hist skin)

4: increase weapon/spell damage by up to X based on missing health of target(I think this would be unique and also would fit the shadowscale/assassin lore)

I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguards
    That sword and board buff does not belong on them. In fact, it's also on another race passive too. Either Orc or Nord. Redguards were never tanks. They were the sword singer dps race. They should have a damage buff for all bladed weapons. Daggers, one hand and two hand blades.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord:

When you take or deal damage generate 5 ultimate. This effect can occur every 5 seconds. Or maybe even stay at 10 seconds as long as dealing damage also generates the ulti. But one can dream of tes nords returning to being the warriors they're supposed to be.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit Feline Ambush

Go from crit damage/heal bonus to critical rate increase. I am still rather upset that ZOS had put in the crit damage cap because so many whined that the race was meta for 2 whole patches, when Altmer, Dunmer, and Orcs have been meta for years. No one said yall had to be Khajiit to maybe get 3k more on the parse dummy, but enough people had to whine about it cuz they don't like tails.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martial Training change to cost reduction to stamina abilities not just weapons, screw you magicka redguards!

Hunter's Eye: 5% movement speed move to Y'ffre's Endurance, add a potency bonus to weapon enchants and equipped poisons by 4/7/10%, add a flanking bonus that doubles the penetration when attacking from the rear or side.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I legitimately rework martial training to behave like heartland conquerer giving a % buff to your weapon attributes playing towards the fact that redguards are weapon masters. Like heartland conquerer, it would mean that sharp would get a bit more pen, nirn more wd, powered more healing and etc against an otherwise equal build.
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lore wise I think Bosmer in addition to stealth they had need something that keeps them top tier archers of tamriel. Buff crit for bow use.
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Redguard and argonian ones, not even a question. Those need a rework, not a boost being so bad in its current state.
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give back their old resistances to Nords!
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nord and redguard need some form of damage boost. These are the top warrior races in tamriel along with orcs and they are poor damage dealers.

Orc should have its sprinting bonus removed, orc is a slow race. Or make it apply only if wearing 5 pieces of heavy armor, or scale the bonus based on heavy armor worn.

Dunmer should be the best hybrid race but not the best pure dps race like it is now, so maybe they should remove some of the max damage stats and add hybrid recovery or something.

Khajit has never been proficient at magicka use in any elder scrolls, so I'm not sure why they are hybrid. I would change that.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what a lot of people are forgetting here is that not everyone has access to the "any race, any alliance" DLC.

This is a fairly good reason to set one race to magicka-based, one to stamina-based, and one to hybrid-based in each alliance, I think.

For what it's worth, I actually like the racial passives as-is... but if I HAD to change them, I'd probably try to give them more interesting passives that don't affect combat at all.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a balance perspective, Argonian has been too weak for too long. Khajiit and Bosmer both have issues in group content, where even semi-optimized comps result in their main offensive racial passive (pen or crit dmg) being stripped away. At this point, I'd say just give all 3 about 6-7% crit chance and call it a day. It's a little generic, but they are the stealth races, and we already have things like Altmer/Orc/Dunmer all sharing the same damage passive (which makes much less sense).

Breton and Redguard are also lacking, their sustain is not enough to make up for the lack of damage. Bosmer also falls into this category. This problem was made much worse by the Bahsei meta, as good sustain now removes another damage multiplier.

From a lore perspective, things are much worse. I can't list it all here, but for a few examples:
    - Why do Altmer hit harder with melee weapons than Nords or Redguards?
    - Why do Orc spells deal more damage than Breton?
    - Why do Altmer run out of Magicka faster than Khajiit or Imperials?
    - Why are Bosmer so bad at sneaking?

I personally care more about balance than lore, so would prioritize fixing those 5 races first. I do question if any of the hybridization of races is necessary now that all skills will scale with highest stats.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on February 11, 2022 9:43PM
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd change the resistance bonus that nords get to be stamina & magicka gained on damage taken
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Careful -- if too many people call for Bosmer to be stealthy again then this thread will get locked, too.

That said:

Bosmer need to be stealthy again.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    I am kind of happy with the Imperial.

Arguably best class in the game for both Mag and Stam. That cost reduction on all skills is amazing for sustain and cheaper ults.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1 for return stealth to Bosmer
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.