The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Way to discourage ball groups

• AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right now the surest way to discourage ball groups is to take away Dark Convergence.

This is a serious statement of fact, not said in jest. The best way to hurt a ball group right now is to take away their primary tool for dominating, and that is the Dark Convergence set they are using to stack everyone up with.
    Edited by AJones43865 on December 14, 2021 4:37PM
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Target purge spam in PvP
    Buff Siege or lower effectiveness of siege shield

Problem solved overnight.

Heal stacking is the thing that makes it so ball groups are so hard to kill or get damage on. That is what needs to be addressed in terms of ball group surviveability.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did see a ball group leader complain on the forums about a direct counter to his group: Siege being too strong. Some people laughed at him, but it's the one time I saw a ball group leader who was well known on the server admit such a thing.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/502657/nerf-siege/p1

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    The simple truth about these fights is that ball groups seek them out because they are challenging and fun. While from the outside it does look effortless; on the inside it is one hell of an adrenaline rush. Everyone has to be on point or it fails.

This is so well said that I just quote it instead of repeating the same. We play because of the fun and adrenaline, and AP is a side effect.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ball groups on PC NA are all the same. As I have stated before they go to Sejanus, Nikel or Bleakers to fight the other two factions. Then move to BRK or Ash or Aleswell before moving to a Tri Keep.

Of course if there is a large fight they can back door they will, run around the wall while the other two factions actually fight over a Keep.

Then its off to PVDoor a tri keep and if too many defenders get there fast enough to stop the inner door siege run around the wall, if not run around the upper floors and jump off to get Ult by healing the fall damage with the back bar healing stick.

What you never see is a ball group trying to siege a defended keep, because they cannot, they wipe to siege by having to stay still, without moving they melt.

They enjoy it, but it seems to be doing the same thing over and over, whatever floats ya boat I suppose.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fidget1302 wrote: »
    the notion that ball groups don't do it for the AP is nonsense

Depends on the group. I can say with 100% confidence that Arrius 51 don't care about AP. If we're having fun getting kills, AP just flows as a result - and most of us are sitting on 10's of millions of AP banked and nothing to do with it.
    Fidget1302 wrote: »
    If ball groups wanted a challenge then there would be way more videos and word of mouth about how so and so ball group got wrecked by other so and so ball group, things like that, but those are scarce and the reason why is because ball groups generally don't like fighting other ball groups because it's usually an extremely hard challenge and less AP to be gained considering how small ball groups are compared to the huge zergs.

Min/Max group vs. Min/Max group fights tend to be boring when we're all built to fight zergs. GvG builds are different, and unless we're going to explicitly plan for one, people are on the wrong toons with the wrong setup to win quickly. Most of our GvG fights end up with one side killing 1-2 of the other team's members, a recovery, then we back and forth killing 1-2 people at a time. It's much more fun to slaughter masses of 50+ at a time than spend an hour wondering who will make a big mistake first.

TLDR: For some people, AP is the goal. For others, fun is the goal and AP flows while having fun.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭
    Lol zos has buffed ball groups every patch without fail for a few years now since the group size reduction. They don't want solo's and has shown so.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    Most of our GvG fights end up with one side killing 1-2 of the other team's members, a recovery, then we back and forth killing 1-2 people at a time.
    If that doesn't tell us that heal stacking completely breaks PvP, I don't know what does. Optimized groups can't even kill each other, and we're expecting randoms to burst the 100k aoe damage needed to put a dent in a heal stack?

Any heal stacking beyond whatever is needed for hardcore PvE trials raids needs to have severe diminishing returns.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see adverts in Ravenswatch for ball group guilds looking for new members, I have to try and resist saying anything because they are a real blight and a pain in the backside.

All the ones I have seen don't contribute anything to the factions scoring. They run around looking for groups to ambush or interrupt a group trying to take a keep and then when they are challenged they head for the stairs or tower. It is seriously yawn inducing chasing them around so I don't bother anymore. Don't give them the fights they want and they get bored.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BazOfWar wrote: »
    Don't give them the fights they want and they get bored.

That has always been the case, yet some still chase them around and die repeatedly.