Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Proc Set Plan in Cyrodiil

• Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sindrik8x wrote: »
    To be 100% honest, with all the requests people have made in numerous threads, it's still falling on deaf ears. There is no way that they have overlooked every single post about this. I'd be surprised if they even know what worked and didn't. Why the heck can't we just have a damn sticky? Why the hesitancy to add the working monster sets and mythics to the list? You have some arena weapons on there. How hard would it be???

I'm in Ravenwatch and would love to know which mythics I could wear (if any).

Well, you see....

When a company grows or gets integrated into a bigger beast, it becomes more about revenue than product. This usually happens down the road in most cases due to things like supply and demand. However, the origination of supply and demand's context is no longer the same. The supply and demand used to be based on a product, and now that product is the dollar.

The phase we're in is the cash cow phase. Company makes product, product does well and establishes a foot hold in its market. The product lands investment and funding, company either then coasts or gets resources yanked in an effort to protect projected bottom line. The product begins to lose quality but quantity produced and shipped is still expected in order to maintain projections originally invested in.

Meanwhile, the few that remain trying their best to maintain the quality of the product they conceived are stuck in an endless up hill battle. Holding the bag.

In summary: No resources. The priority to the parent/source of said resources is revenue and cash flow. Not quality. Regardless of ideals of those that remain working on the product.

Here we are.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We went from No Proc sets allowed in cyrodiil, to everyone being required to run 1 of 3 new overpowered proc sets. @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by SimonThesis on September 4, 2021 3:55PM
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    [quote="Ranger209;c-7167410"
    We went from No Proc sets allowed in cyrodiil, to everyone being required to run 1 of 3 new overpowered proc sets. @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

This is the result of a failed performance improvement attempt. Since we cant use are skills to attack or defend ourselves procs do it for us. If performance was fine im sure the sets being released would be different. Of course they won’t admit it but im sure zos is balancing pvp around lag.
  • Ralamil
    Ralamil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Friendly reminder for everyone that, since ZOS is clearly incapable of ever fixing this game, and since they seem hell-bent on ignoring feedback from their customers:

Even if ZOS says they "cannot" refund partially-consumed subscription time, opening a support ticket and mentioning that you've reported them to the better business bureau for failing to provide a refund for a product which does not work as advertised (unplayable PVP) will prove that "cannot" is really just "wants to get paid for doing no work."

Help cut off their revenue stream until they get the message that they might actually have to put in some work one of these days.
    Edited by Ralamil on September 19, 2021 2:49AM
    Karn Wild-Blood - PC NA AD Nord Warden
  • LeonNoir
    LeonNoir
    Guys, I'm sorry, I don't want to read all 15 pages. Just give a link to the topic, called "working sets for companies without Proc Sets" with the clear, easy-to-understand list: specific set - which part works, which part not works, which part of the fifth part works etc.

I'm tired of googling on YouTube, I'm tired of assumptions, I just want an official sheet, fresh and up-to-date, I'm just apparently stupid and I can't find it.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I'd love to get 1 easy list of set names and 1 column "proc is disabled in PvP". You guys should update this list instead of writing like 100 posts in several patch notes each time :-( It's a mess to keep track and see what is intented to work, or not (at the actual time/patch level).

Could you please forward this and let someone create this list. Should hopefully be easily doable from your source code (automated). Many many thanks!
    Edited by Baertram on November 1, 2021 12:05PM
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on changes/improvements to "no-proc"?

The wish way back when was that sets that do damage were turned off, these were what was considered "proc" sets.

Under current rules what are referred to as "stat" sets, such as Clever Alchemist which gives Weapon and Spell damage, which are stats, is turned off.

Either turning off no-proc or improving item set categorisations to allow "stat" sets will revive Ravenwatch populations.

Currently the only form of noCP, "proc" PvP is Battlegrounds. No IC or Cyrodiil...
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this thread still need to be here?
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    Does this thread still need to be here?

IDK
    Edited by Scallan on August 24, 2022 3:22PM
  • Akasha_Mei
    Akasha_Mei
    ✭✭
    @Xandreia_
    uhhh context is a powerful thing, i voiced an opinion and was instantly jumped on because im against procs. its debate, not bullying. its obvious procs bring major issues or devs would not have taken action. purely by singling 2 people out for opinions without full context just does what you are accusing us of!

one huge problem with the community as a whole is no one can see debate over bullying and just jump to the worst conclusion.

Agreed. Terms of Conduct are relative. If you are that sensitive or not used to discuss topics, always will feel hurt, victim, accused. That's very easy to put up, when you raise a problematic issue for them. But, the true is that, things told here should not be misunderstood as harmful, but yet, constructive. We give status of the gameplay in the servers, but I have no ideas what to suggest to easy the lag in GH, for an example. Since this particular issue comes since some time ago, it's normal that we post confessions. It's normal that we would like a reply about what's being done about.
    There's no bashing.
    Thanks for the attention,
    Kind Regards.
    Kind Regards,Akasha Mei
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    THIS IS NOT A TROLLING POST ITS IINFORMATIVE
    had to put that there because I know someone
    not going to like the wording and mark it trolling even before reading.

Procs aren't the reason it's horrible in cyrodiil.

Its ping exploiters from NON-NORTH AMERICAN countries, lag program users, and 7 year old servers.
    Let's just be real because I can break this all down for you in an informative block of instruction how each is a problem.

Lets first talk "procs"

all a proc is is a data process with a certain function behind it.
    So if " the servers can't handle too many procs" then you're answer to begin with isn't the procs it's the data amount processed at any given time. Thus, you would need to up the ram for the processing capabilities of the servers to become better and also get better bandwidth . If you're not running at least 1gb you're probably wrong.

Before a mod says its trolling and we talk servers. I've been a server owner, I know exactly what your issues have always been.

First thing:
    the server is called: "NA server"
    this stands for North American server.
    Is it not?

So that's not trolling, not in a competitive capacity of reflection of problems that stem from allowing players of different regions to compete on a localized server for one region in particular without addressing the issues and problems that come from this.

Now to my point.
    I believe in a competitive aspect you should honorably, not play on that server, if you're not from there.
    Nor ping exploit by joining the server from one of those regions with 200-300+ ping.

Now , are users that get on from a Non- North American region currently and entirely wrong?
    No not yet.

That duty rests on Zos and Bethesda to provide adequate servers to facilitate a fair and competitive atmosphere in which they don't completely provide at TESO 's current state. Right now, I believe its because they can dictate what is a fair environment and we as player don't have the proper channels to go to Microsoft directly to say it's either it is or is not a fair competitive atmosphere.

Currently, there also isn't a reasonable and unbiased player representation in Cyrodiil . You have those from the stream team members and those that just don't want to get banned if they tell you about these things on the forums or emails.

We , you and I , both of us know from my correspondence with higher ups know what it really is.

I for one, I'm at the point where I enjoy this game and I know the direction that it should be in and where it's not at right now.

Yes, ping exploitation is real. This is a problem in competitive games. Its direly important for this to be addressed and even in an eight-year-old game, in which it should have been addressed at launch. Most games have EU, OCEANIC, and PACIFIC servers.

Here's why:

There is a thing called "Lag Hacking". Right now, in this particular video game with the competitive part of containing leader boards and territory control its very appealing to loads of people . There are many users running there ping upwards of 200+ -300+ . Commonly, I find most running their ping at 280. If you're not aware of what that does ..

there is the informative block right here:

Lets say my ping is 97 from North America and i'm fighting a player with a ping of 252 that means my data going to the player and then back to the server is desynced by 155. Thus the person with higher ping will generally win due to what's called

"Balling up commands" this is where your commands reach the server due to high ping all at one time causing an entire combo, dots, and or your opponent's commands, all commands even potions not to go off while yours does. By the time theirs goes to the server from your high ping connection they're already dead.

Any questions feel free and don't hesitate to contact me so I can lead TESO's competitive section in the right direction.

TESO when it came out, if all the problems were initially addressed, it could have been a world class competitive game.
    If you want to believe it couldn't have been, then there lies the problem to begin with.

So once again out of love for the game I'll go out on a limb here and I give you a fix!

TO THE POWERS THAT BE,
    Propose this question to every Zos and Bethesda employee:

this part right here is not to provoke or to incite conflict. Pardon my word usage.

Could TESO been a world class competitive game, had the problems within Cyrodiil been fixed prior to launch?
    If they say no because that's not what they intended or any no answer, fire them immediately.

Its shouldn't matter the intentions of gameplay only the quality of that is provided.

Thank you for your time!
    Edited by eternalshockcable on February 11, 2023 5:11AM
  • Akasha_Mei
    Akasha_Mei
    ✭✭
    Hahaha some places in NA also have bad connection.
    Players with PS4 also lag things (even with the most top connection quality)
    Quite xenophobic the comments above.
    Kind Regards,Akasha Mei
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭
    I suggest a change of approach. Instead of excluding a small range of sets, I suggest allowing only a small range of very basic sets that only improve stats without a plethora of rules and conditions.

As a returning player from around 2019, it is actually headache-inducing to read the text of many 5 set bonuses as they are so convoluted. I think 75% of sets are cheesy or OP in one way or another. I think they are practically impossible to balance.

The most gratifying PVP experience I had in ESO PVP was between 1.6 and 2.2 when sets were much more basic. 2.2 (orsinium) was a very good place as the CP cap was introduced.

Starting with 1T and the large influx of new monster sets, gear started to play too large a role in combat instead of individual/team skill and overt strategy and tactics. This has become a greater issue every update since.
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Desiato wrote: »
    I suggest a change of approach. Instead of excluding a small range of sets, I suggest allowing only a small range of very basic sets that only improve stats without a plethora of rules and conditions.

As a returning player from around 2019, it is actually headache-inducing to read the text of many 5 set bonuses as they are so convoluted. I think 75% of sets are cheesy or OP in one way or another. I think they are practically impossible to balance.

The most gratifying PVP experience I had in ESO PVP was between 1.6 and 2.2 when sets were much more basic. 2.2 (orsinium) was a very good place as the CP cap was introduced.

Starting with 1T and the large influx of new monster sets, gear started to play too large a role in combat instead of individual/team skill and overt strategy and tactics. This has become a greater issue every update since.

That sounds like the original No Proc, where I think it was something like 18 or 19 sets that worked at all for the 5-pc bonus. It was interesting.
    Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)