The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BG is completely dead, there's no more sense

• Contos
    Contos
    ✭✭✭
    mandricus wrote: »
    In the current system for what we know, if 11 players queue for a random bg, and one player queue for a deatchmatch, it drags all the players into Deatchmatch.
    The probability of having a Deatchmatch is something like 99%. They did the mats, read the various thread about it in this forum section.
    I'm just asking to have a fair chance to get a Random Battleground when I queue for it. 1% it's not a fair chance.

If you refer to my comment (probably not?), then yeah, thats mostly true, I didn't state otherwise. I were saying seperating the two queues while would be ideal is also unrealistic considering the current bg population. It probably won't happen.
    Yeah 1 guy can pull 11 others into deatmatch, though how often it happens is unknown, depends on the distribution of the people on random and dm queues. It is mostly just a way to picture how the current system favors Dm by its nature.
    What also depends on the distribution and popularity of the queues is that 99% you were saying. It is tied to a certain distribution not set into stone. For example this 99% dm or more only applies when 30% or more people queues for dm. Meaning, below it 30% dm population it is less than 99%, with the lowest that it can be is 20% (at 0% dm population).
    Right now depending on what serever you are playing on and what queue are you using (solo/group) this 99% is actually way higher. On solo (in my experience) it's between 99,5% and 100% meaning almost impssible to get.
    The fact that you can't even tell how big the dm population is since everything above 30% shoots to infinity just matematically proves that how broken and rigged is the current system in favor of dm, when in theory its not even needed since in a popularity driven queue system, i mentioned above, if the dm population is big they will have high chanches of getting dm anyways.

Edited by Contos on November 29, 2021 12:23AM
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contos wrote: »
    mandricus wrote: »
    In the current system for what we know, if 11 players queue for a random bg, and one player queue for a deatchmatch, it drags all the players into Deatchmatch.
    The probability of having a Deatchmatch is something like 99%. They did the mats, read the various thread about it in this forum section.
    I'm just asking to have a fair chance to get a Random Battleground when I queue for it. 1% it's not a fair chance.

If you refer to my comment (probably not?), then yeah, thats mostly true, I didn't state otherwise. I were saying seperating the two queues while would be ideal is also unrealistic considering the current bg population. It probably won't happen.
    Yeah 1 guy can pull 11 others into deatmatch, though how often it happens is unknown, depends on the distribution of the people on random and dm queues. It is mostly just a way to picture how the current system favors Dm by its nature.
    What also depends on the distribution and popularity of the queues is that 99% you were saying. It is tied to a certain distribution not set into stone. For example this 99% dm or more only applies when 30% or more people queues for dm. Meaning, below it 30% dm population it is less than 99%, with the lowest that it can be is 20% (at 0% dm population).
    Right now depending on what serever you are playing on and what queue are you using (solo/group) this 99% is actually way higher. On solo (in my experience) it's between 99,5% and 100% meaning almost impssible to get.
    The fact that you can't even tell how big the dm population is since everything above 30% shoots to infinity just matematically proves that how broken and rigged is the current system in favor of dm, when in theory its not even needed since in a popularity driven queue system, i mentioned above, if the dm population is big they will have high chanches of getting dm anyways.

It’s like that line from Anchorman:

“91.6% of the time, it works every time”

Haha for 11 out of 12 variations of people queuing into BGs (DM or Random) you are guaranteed to get DM. That remaining 8.3% it’s just a 1 in 5 chance.

I can’t believe ESO ridiculously made an Anchorman line come true.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been stated across multiple threads, multiple times, that a vast majority of players are queueing for deathmatch

Because it's the default option.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It has been stated across multiple threads, multiple times, that a vast majority of players are queueing for deathmatch

No. I'm in a guild of 300+ active dm bg players. We all play and prefer dm.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Contos
    Contos
    ✭✭✭

No. I'm in a guild of 300+ active dm bg players. We all play and prefer dm.

Yeah, but that doesn't really help since we don't know how many people play regularly, how big the bg population is, ect ect.
    You can argue forever but only ZOS can provide answer probably and they won't? On the other hand it doesn't matter cuz it's not just the population, and its not just dm being the default option that leads to "only dm" but ofc both at the very least.
    1, How the system works?
    2. What is the distribution of the population.
    3. Other variables.

Leads to:
    1. The system favors DM way more.
    2. Between ~30% and 100% people queue for DM. Probably the majority. Some do because they like it and others do because:
    3. DM is the deafault option.