The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dueling Banned in Fargrave

atherusmora
atherusmora
✭✭✭
I was advertising duels for endeavors in Fargrave, and got the notification that I could not duel in that location when attempting to initiate a duel. Why, and was this in patch-notes?
(Pet)Magsorc Main
PS4 NA
PvX
Long Live the Queen!!!
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kinda goes against the rules of the city.

You don't want the Grasp to take you away.

Edited by whitecrow on November 30, 2021 12:23AM
    Options
  • GrahamJoyce
    GrahamJoyce
    ✭✭✭
    I don't recall seeing this anywhere in the patch notes so I am not sure if this was intended or not.
    It seems like it would be for the best though. There are lots of NPCs that might accidentally be aggroed and some of the streets are pretty narrow so it might be hard to duel effectively anyway.
    Options
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall seeing this anywhere in the patch notes so I am not sure if this was intended or not.
    It seems like it would be for the best though. There are lots of NPCs that might accidentally be aggroed and some of the streets are pretty narrow so it might be hard to duel effectively anyway.

Plus the zone lags a lot more than others. As cool as dueling in the city would be, I think there’s a ton of visually clutter. It takes my computer a while to load everything in. If you added a whole bunch of dueling to the mix, you can set up a recipe for a ton of lag.
    Options
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

Mortals are not bound directly by the Stricture, but if a Daedra interprets a mortal's actions as a threat then you're S.O.L. :smile:
    PC NA
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would restrict duels from all towns.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also got a bug where our group could not queue for a random normal dungeon when one person was in Fargrave. Or maybe this was intended.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooo - wonderful! I'll move there immediately!
    Options
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭

Ideally they’d limit them to specific areas. The Hammerdeath Arena would be great.
    Edited by Darrett on November 30, 2021 2:16AM
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darrett wrote: »

Ideally they’d limit them to specific areas. The Hammerdeath Arena would be great.

Unfortunately Hammerdeath is not very convenient and has very few amenities. When I had to run out there for the Jesters Festival, I was pretty unimpressed with the accessibility.

I'd be all for Hammerdeath Arena, but it needs some upgrades if it's going to compete with the tree near the Stormhaven Undaunted Tents.
    Options
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately Hammerdeath is not very convenient and has very few amenities. When I had to run out there for the Jesters Festival, I was pretty unimpressed with the accessibility.

I'd be all for Hammerdeath Arena, but it needs some upgrades if it's going to compete with the tree near the Stormhaven Undaunted Tents.

I agree, it needs some upgrades. I’d like if they made a more dedicated area with everything needed to make dueling effective. Merchants, banking, and respec shrines all in the location, and instanced areas for less lag for participants would be nice.
    Options
  • atherusmora
    atherusmora
    ✭✭✭

The Stricture makes no mention of mortals killing mortals. The Grasp care very little for mortals that are not the property of resident daedra. Not sure why they’d ban dueling amongst mortals.
    (Pet)Magsorc Main
    PS4 NA
    PvX
    Long Live the Queen!!!
    Options
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The Stricture makes no mention of mortals killing mortals. The Grasp care very little for mortals that are not the property of resident daedra. Not sure why they’d ban dueling amongst mortals.

It causes disruption! And things could get damaged!
    Options
  • atherusmora
    atherusmora
    ✭✭✭
    [

It causes disruption! And things could get damaged!

I wish we could destroy things in the environment. Would make PvP a lot more interesting. Server would probably die from all the particle effects though.
    (Pet)Magsorc Main
    PS4 NA
    PvX
    Long Live the Queen!!!
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same. I wish it was limited to away from town and gave more stuff for using the Hammerdeath Arena.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, it needs some upgrades. I’d like if they made a more dedicated area with everything needed to make dueling effective. Merchants, banking, and respec shrines all in the location, and instanced areas for less lag for participants would be nice.

All they have to do is give Hammerdeath its own Wayshrine for ease of access. That alone would entice, but also a Banker would make it better.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That area in Artaeum has an achievement for dueling but either no one knows or cares to travel out that far.

It would be great if ZOS could provide some incentive (buff or something similar) to get duelers out of areas like the guild trader locations in capital cities.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the Vestige isn't technically mortal :p
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the restriction in Fargrave incredibly annoying. Incentives for duelers to go elsewhere I approve of, but completely locking them out of a spot is silly.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should add merchants and battleground quest npcs to hammerdeath, so the duelers will stop lagging out cities. XD
    Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, the Vestige is technically a mortal, that is the story driving point in the prologue to Blackwood.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Literally the thread next to this one has that convo flowing. Player complaint that guards are interfering.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »

Actually, the Vestige is technically a mortal, that is the story driving point in the prologue to Blackwood.

And in a bunch of other storylines it's the point that they are not...
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »

And in a bunch of other storylines it's the point that they are not...

Those are storylines that point to the ability of the Vestige to use wayshrine due to the lack of soul. That is the only reason the Vestige may be considered not entirely mortal. That may be encountered in some quests of the base game that chronologically are before the main quest finale. The restoring of the soul makes the Vestige completely mortal, it is at last evidenced by the Blackwood storyline (it was stressed by Meridia as well, actually). Technically the Vestige should lose the ability to travel by wayshrines and to revive, but for obvious gameplay reasons it will never be made. Technically the game should end with the main quest line due to this change, but for the same obvious reasons it is not done.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
    Options
  • atherusmora
    atherusmora
    ✭✭✭

Every non-mortal entity refers to The Vestige as mortal including the Daedric Princes. Even other mortals recognize The Vestige as mortal in-game.
    (Pet)Magsorc Main
    PS4 NA
    PvX
    Long Live the Queen!!!
    Options
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was advertising duels for endeavors in Fargrave, and got the notification that I could not duel in that location when attempting to initiate a duel. Why, and was this in patch-notes?

rly??? this is amazing...ty ty tyt zos
    hope this applies within city limits too

so annoying when im on a crafting station doing dailies and some decide to duel, am so close to start ranting in chat (and def get a warming for behavior)

anyway,want duel bud,war and [snip]? fine go to BG or in the desert and knock yourself out

BEST DECISION EVER ZOS TY

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 30, 2021 12:44PM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Options
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat pets, non-combat pets, assistants and companions should be banned from all cities.
    Options
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    Combat pets, non-combat pets, assistants and companions should be banned from all cities.

Without the banker assistant allowed, every crafting writ location in the game except Vivec City would need an outside banker added. Other locations, I call my banker assistant when I am done with crafting writs.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Same. I wish it was limited to away from town and gave more stuff for using the Hammerdeath Arena.

Agreed.
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can't duel anywhere in the Deadlands either. You can watch the random Daedra fight each other and spar, but you cannot. I understand Fargrave with all it's doodads, but I guess they finally admit they packed too much into one product for it to function properly.

Banning an advertised aspect of the game really shows these servers are bursting at the seams. They may allow it after the bulk of the population moves to the next new zone.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options