Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else having login troubles on PS lately?

NiteFire
NiteFire
✭✭✭
For the past couple weeks it takes a few tries to login to log into the game, lots of times it will say cannot retrieve announcements and then after several tries it'll actually go through to character select. Some friends are also experiencing this issue. If anyone has a workaround or similar issues lemme know plz
  • NiteFire
    NiteFire
    ✭✭✭
    Also some people are not able to login at all, and haven't been able to in days
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Assumed it was my internet but yeah, like half the time it fails to retrieve announcements and a third of the time it fails to log in on the first attempt.

Like you said it started happening a few weeks ago. Prior to that I hadn't ever had this problem and I've been around since the week console came out.

Don't think it relates to server load since I get this since it happens at all times of day.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the announcements don't load, you're not going to be able to log in. Switch between the NA and EU servers until the announcements load, then you'll be able to log in.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been going on for a while now, have not heard any news on.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/590939/ps5-login-failed#latest
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the announcements don't load, you're not going to be able to log in. Switch between the NA and EU servers until the announcements load, then you'll be able to log in.

Not true around half the time it does log me in after failing to load annohncements.
  • NiteFire
    NiteFire
    ✭✭✭
    Any response to this?
    @ZOS_Kevin
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the first I've heard of that. Every time I tried, it failed.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep takes me several tries to login each time, and I've seen that xbox has been having the same problem as well. Only seems to be happening with the NA servers for some reason.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I too thought it was my internet but been having this problem for a couple weeks.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All. Thanks for pinging. We are not seeing amoralities on our end right now. However, we are investigating to see if we can identify any issues. If there's any additional information related to this, let us know. Any additional information could help point us in the right direction. Thanks, all.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    it took 5 tries today to get on. when I did finally get in, I had the pop up for undaunted event. related?
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since this thread drew ZOS attention, here is my post from the other thread as it contains details:

Yup, can confirm this is a recent issue on PS4 NA as well. I usually have to attempt a login 2-3 times to finally get in anymore these days.

I also have been experiencing more disconnects, with more frequent trouble getting back in after a disconnect. It feels like the idle auto-kick timer has changed... used to be I could stand around for at least 10 minutes or so - even taking time to move my controller every few minutes (which should reset the idle timer, one would logically think) - to answer a text on my phone and be fine. Now half the time I'll be greeted by the ever-ultra-loud main screen and ESO scolding me to make sure I have a valid Internet connection (you know, while I'm actively using my phone and laptop which are... connected to the Internet the ESO servers think I don't have apparently).

More frequent encounters with the "this account is already logged in" screen when I get the boot. And last week - thankfully AFTER I finished placing trader bids - I was booted out because I dared to stand still for 15 seconds by a wayshrine, was booted off, and met an error screen I'd never seen before that was some generic "Error 307 You Have Been Booted From The Server" and no amount of trying to log back in would get me there. I flat out just had to stop playing ESO and go play Red Dead Online - you know, with that Internet connection I supposedly do not have - and was finally able to get back into ESO later that night.

Now, look, I realize Comcast is trash but it's our main option for this area. I live in a very populated city, so it's not like this is some sort of limited country Internet on a mountaintop, but it's also not such a populated city that there should be some sort of race with connections to get the best ping or whatever. My PS4 is also literally hard-wired, so it is not competing with the wireless devices. And every other Internet-dependent item in this house encounters far less issues. I also usually have less disconnection issues on Rockstar servers, so this whole ESO telling me to make sure I have an Internet connection thing is starting to have a common denominator, ZOS.

(Weren't we supposed to be getting new servers? I know it wasn't supposed to help "gameplay performance", but staying actually connected to the servers for a length of time like Ye Olden Days would be groovy.)
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All. I wanted to post an update here. So we have done some investigating on our end and we do not see any issues. However, we will continue to keep an eye out if there is any way to resolve this issue on our end.

We have some indications that there are issues with internet traffic around the DC area, so that may be a potential factor here, but that is the only thing we could identify so far.

For now if you encounter this issue, it the best course of action would be to close down the client and retry. We have seen that several players have been able to get in after a few tries.

Again, if there is any additional information anyone notices when they have this error, please let us know and we can send it to the dev team. Thanks for your continued patience.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All. I wanted to post an update here. So we have done some investigating on our end and we do not see any issues. However, we will continue to keep an eye out if there is any way to resolve this issue on our end.

We have some indications that there are issues with internet traffic around the DC area, so that may be a potential factor here, but that is the only thing we could identify so far.

For now if you encounter this issue, it the best course of action would be to close down the client and retry. We have seen that several players have been able to get in after a few tries.

Again, if there is any additional information anyone notices when they have this error, please let us know and we can send it to the dev team. Thanks for your continued patience.

It's when you first boot up the game on PS4, it may say "Cannot Retrieve Announcements." Press circle to exit that menu and then pressing X to go back in clears the issue. Although sometimes it can take a few tries.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 18, 2021 6:01PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't recall which year it was or what caused it, but this has happened before where you had to toggle between the servers to log in.
  • NiteFire
    NiteFire
    ✭✭✭
    It happens to me and I'm in Washington State, and my internet speeds are great and have never had issues before. One of my friends has not been able to login for 3 days now.
    Have tried switching back and forth between NA and EU servers, cannot log into either one
    Tried clearing Cache and data for the game
    Has restarted modem and router multiple times
    Has tried changing DNS to Google and Cloudflare and neither of those helped
    Has rebooted console and cleared console cache.
    Is connected with LAN cable, and Wifi won't connect to game servers either. Other games can connect just fine to.

For myself on PS5 it takes about 3 tries before it goes through to character select, but others have not been so lucky. Hope this helps @ZOS_Kevin
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This started happening to me on the 8th of this month, the days before that I logged in with no trouble. Restarting the game for me doesn't help I usually have to switch between the selected servers till it connects properly. EU server seems fine so some kind of routing issue could be the problem, not sure why I'd be getting routed through DC though when I live on the other side of the country but I'm not really tech savvy so maybe that's actually normal. Seems kinda weird though routing me, in california, through DC to get to texas if that's the case. The game has been noticeably laggier lately as well, and I'm not having this problem with any other game. Hopefully this'll just resolve itself randomly same as it started.
  • DormantOne
    DormantOne
    ✭✭✭
    Ps4 pro here. I'm having this issue too. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. I usually get in on the second try so it's no too much an inconvenience.
  • EpicAwesome16
    EpicAwesome16
    Soul Shriven
    PS4 NA, I have been having the same issues. Open the game, cannot load announcements, then cannot connect to server. Does this fun repeat process about three times till I can finally get in. Also, the announcement page never updates, even on the time I get into the game.
  • bri5
    bri5
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing here PS5 started about 10 days ago, wife too PS4. Sometimes its says can't load announcement's and it lets me login sometimes it doesn't let me login until I turn game off and back on or switch servers, sometimes takes multiple tries!
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same for me on PS5 NA. Everyday I log in no matter what I do such as closing the app completely before trying or just starting where I logged off from before or even when ending my session and closing the app completely when done for the day from the home screen.

Always get the "cannot load announcements" then cannot connect to server. Generally I can log in the 2nd attempt 75% of the time but the other 25% I have to do it 3 or 4 times before I can get in. Been happening to me for a while before the last update.

In fact if been happening so long it has just become part of my routine to get rejected at login every time that I generally start trying to get in before I even get seated to play to get thru the failure to load so by the time I get seated and ready to play I might actually be loaded in.

Stay safe :)
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really bad this morning 11/20/2021.
    Had to flip back and forth between the servers many times which didn't work so I logged into EU and tried again which still didn't work until I flipped several more times and it finally let me log into NA server.
    Also it seems I have to do this on each account I have so that kind of ties it to ZOS and not something common like my ISP.
    Coincidentally we just had trouble connecting on older PC operating systems because of TLS changes by ZOS.
    We have no such control over TLS on consoles, just a speculation.

I suggest that the devs try logging in from home accounts and not the developer accounts they may see a difference.
    @ZOS_Kevin

ISP. Comcast
    Edited by TequilaFire on November 20, 2021 3:12PM
  • ShaniAnne
    ShaniAnne
    Soul Shriven
    I have been having the same problems as everyone here- first a message saying that the game "Cannot retrieve announcements", then I cannot log on. If I repeatedly restart my console and try , I will eventually get albeit in sans announcements.

Only difference is I have an Xbox and am on Sonic gigabit fiber.

I thought it was me; glad to see it isn't!
    "If I were a BBC sitcom, you'd buy the boxset!" _ me, said to my kids
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

@ZOS_Kevin

It's been a week. Nothing has changed. Any update in this?

Has anyone on your team tried to load ESO on xbox and playstation? I'd imagine they'll see our problem very quickly if they do. It happens at least half the time.

I just had the problem again, its 8pm here in New Zealand. 3am on the east coast in the US. It happened to me at 8am here when I got on. It happened at 2pm again. It's highly unlikely this iz related to network traffic since its happening at all times on multiple continents.. And it's not related to a single console we can rule an xbox or Playststion error out.

Somethings wrong on your end when we initially try and connect to your servers. Once we get to character select screen everything's fine- characters load fine, switching between characters works fine.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on xbox series x and have been experiencing a lot of connection failed. Takes several tries just to get to character screen.

Now I'm in fiber with around 1200 download and 100 upload and can log into any other game and play on different servers worldwide with no issues.

Eso is the only game that keeps hanging up for some reason. Clearing saved data sometimes helps, resetting and clearing cache. But this should not have to be done every single day.
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what I see on the page I select between the North America Server and the Europe Server. On the North America page, the Announcements section only has the words "Could not retrieve announcements." On the Europe page there are a lot in the announcements section.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup still happening to me too, but now it's in really vast differences of severity. I logged in a few times recently on the first try, and other times it took upwards of 10 attempts to get it to connect.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Logging in issues, lag and losing chat. Game performance has been underwhelming to say the least.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Has a developer turned-on a PlayStation and seen the error at least?

Educated guess here - this surfaced a little before U32, right? Wasn't there a patch between? Also, I'm assuming that getting the announements is some form of a webservice. Given that they're casted to a client, I'd imagine the failures are probably stored locally or on PSN. If a dev has just turned on a console, seen the error, there could be more to this than just checking server logs on your side.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've experienced it too, same as some of my friends on playstation too. It gives an error saying "connection to the server has timed out" and it repeats it, and only fix to allow logging in that we noticed is restarting the game app.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade