The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Anyone else having login troubles on PS lately?

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/bz3za9DMWIE

It's still happening for me, dunno about anyone else
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 5, 2021 5:29PM
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PS5. I've never had the problem even once logging in to the EU server which I do more frequently, but whenever I change to NA (still at least daily) it takes 3 or 4 tries to get to character select.

When it says cannot retrieve announcements it may or may not stop me from logging in - I've got in after getting the message and also failed when it's shown the announcements too, tho that happens less often
    PS4 EU
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI: You don't need to swap servers or restart your console to get around this. Just keep trying and eventually you'll connect.

Also, it's super worrisome that ZOS is denying that a problem even exists.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI: You don't need to swap servers or restart your console to get around this. Just keep trying and eventually you'll connect.

Also, it's super worrisome that ZOS is denying that a problem even exists.

Yup. As seen in my video all you have to do is just keep trying. I typically circle out and then hit X. I normally only have to try 1-2 times but the other day it was like 5-6 which made me decide to record this time around.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it looks like this has been put in the ignore zone hoping it will go away.
    @ZOS_Kevin this is really annoying when you have multiple accounts.
    Edited by TequilaFire on December 5, 2021 8:24PM
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup still happening, and the fact this is being ignored is unsurprising sadly.
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA. Something changed after last few patches. I see login fail, "Try again later" and "Could not retrieve announcements" all the time now.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This has gotten much worse the last few days, most times 5-6 tries before I make it to the character screen.

On PS5 but running PS4 version.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening for 3 or 4 weeks though seems to be getting worse. It seems to time out retrieving announcement so doesn't connect with server. In UK on PS4 Pro
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is happening on Xbox also, connecting takes longer than it use to, then I get a log in fail, rinse and repeat, I never manage to log in the first time around anymore, it's usually 2nd or 3rd try now adays.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinx wrote: »
    this is happening on Xbox also, connecting takes longer than it use to, then I get a log in fail, rinse and repeat, I never manage to log in the first time around anymore, it's usually 2nd or 3rd try now adays.

Same here. It's nearly always try 2 or 3. If it doesn't happen, then it's 4-6 tries. I don't remember anymore the last time it was just straight into the game.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still get this bug on PS5. Have to try logging in 7 times or just quit and re-open the app to get it to even load the character menu.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will this be fixed in the next maintenance?
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    madrab73 wrote: »
    Will this be fixed in the next maintenance?

Doubtful since ZOS has basically tossed their hands up in the air saying "don't see a problem on our end".

Clearly, everyone on console is experiencing mass hallucinations again. Like the constant blue screen on PS4 after Dragonhold that took a phenomenally long time to even be acknowledged because it was clearly, at first, just all in our heads or something.

This is the kind of attitude from ZOS that gets irritating more than anything else for me. it's like nobody even plays on console, much less tests there. If it works for PC NA, ship it.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free 2 play games work better than this
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed this since Deadlands. Happens every time. I just keep trying and always get in within a minute or two on PS4.
  • Chrisbar
    Chrisbar
    ✭✭
    Yes, still getting this on both the PS5 (playing the Enhanced version) and the PS4. Getting rather frustrating that this is still an issue after the update and following maintenance.

First NA attempt almost always fails to retrieve announcements and fails to login. Flipping to EU and back several times until the announcements load on NA usually works. EU doesn't seem to have any issues.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been going on since early November for both me and my SO. Happens on two different PS4 Pros and a PS5 running both the PS4 version and the Console Enhanced edition. I have noticed on the PS5 that I usually get in on the second attempt whether or not the announcements load, but there have been times it take 5 or 6 attempts even there.

Can't imagine a new player would try more than a couple times... not a good look.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only took 22 EU/NA server toggles to get it to let me into the PS NA server this morning.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Any update on this please?
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again I had to fight to login to the PS NA server this morning.
    Trying to stay positive but I think we are screwed.
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug is starting to get irritating. Any acknowledgement?
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All. I wanted to post an update here. So we have done some investigating on our end and we do not see any issues. However, we will continue to keep an eye out if there is any way to resolve this issue on our end.

We have some indications that there are issues with internet traffic around the DC area, so that may be a potential factor here, but that is the only thing we could identify so far.

For now if you encounter this issue, it the best course of action would be to close down the client and retry. We have seen that several players have been able to get in after a few tries.

Again, if there is any additional information anyone notices when they have this error, please let us know and we can send it to the dev team. Thanks for your continued patience.

Any updates @ZOS_Kevin ? This issue is still ongoing/frustrating for a lot of PS players. Would love some communication here.
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been happening to me for a while. It’s really annoying. Sometimes the announcements are there, but mostly it says “Could not retrieve “ and like everyone else, can’t Jon the game.
    Can we get an update please ?
    The silence is deafening while the tumbleweed drifts by……
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maintenance this week, is this getting fixed with the patch?
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't been able to log in for a few days. It keeps saying the connection to the server has timed out. Everything is good and stable on my end.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to log in for a few days. It keeps saying the connection to the server has timed out. Everything is good and stable on my end.

Did you try going to the European server and then back to NA?
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NiteFire wrote: »
    For the past couple weeks it takes a few tries to login to log into the game, lots of times it will say cannot retrieve announcements and then after several tries it'll actually go through to character select. Some friends are also experiencing this issue. If anyone has a workaround or similar issues lemme know plz

Every day I have to try at minium 3 times before I can log into the game. The worst part is if any time during my day if I check my champion points I get booted. I only do my champion points first thing in the morning before I get into the game for the day. It is quite frustrating to be booted from any content and PS right now is littered with blue screens and login issues.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS5 it usually loads on the 3rd try, first time announcements wont show and it will say "failed to connect to servers" in a matter of seconds, close it out and try again, announcements load and then I load in slowly. I have pretty good internet so I don't know what the reason is but yes this has been happening for awhile now.

Of note: I am playing on the PS5 using the PS4 client because I don't want to redo trophies or have two lists that need to be sync'd, wish I could just continue earning trophies on the PS4 list while playing on the PS5 client.
  • Rastaman111
    Rastaman111
    ✭✭
    Well got a error 2 weeks ago.

Couldn`t log in really every time when I tried to load my character it crashed.

After trying several tips. Turning the ps5 off and removing the power cord for 20 minutes and then turning it back on removed the error and crash and could play again.