Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upgrade "Trash" Potion Drops to Essence of Weapon/Spell Power?

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
It would be great to see the "Trash" potions that drop in overland and dungeons be upgraded so that they are no longer be considered "trash." How about making all of those potion drops Essence of Weapon/Spell Power potions and Essence of Lingering Health? I imagine a lot of players would appreciate that change.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe make a separate tab on alchemy stations if you have the Laboratory Use passive that lets you upgrade potions made with only 2 ingredients.
    Edited by Vevvev on January 31, 2021 5:28PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Either of these would be excellent QoL additions. I don't see them giving up the gold sink and I don't think crafters would be happy about it unless they were still salable.

People needing alternates of these (Essence of Spell Crit) would be out of luck too.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such easy access to them will make their price go down, therefore I do not think that I would like this to happen.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upgrading trash potions at alchemy table would be a cool idea but I think it would be too easy if every mob in overland would drop spellpower potions.. Maybe world+dungeon bosses could have a chance of dropping a few random 3-effect potions every now and then.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either of these would be excellent QoL additions. I don't see them giving up the gold sink and I don't think crafters would be happy about it unless they were still salable.

People needing alternates of these (Essence of Spell Crit) would be out of luck too.

Is it a gold sink? Seems like gold just passes between players and keeps circulating.

There’s an AP sink for the alliance potions now, but that doesn’t seem to affect gold inflation. Honestly a potion merchant that accepts gold doesn’t sound like a bad idea at this point. That would be a true gold sink, possibly the most effective one in the game (pretty sure I’ve spent more gold on potions than most have on housing). Maybe just add a few standard potion options to the merchant in every trial lobby.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it a gold sink? Seems like gold just passes between players and keeps circulating.

There’s an AP sink for the alliance potions now, but that doesn’t seem to affect gold inflation. Honestly a potion merchant that accepts gold doesn’t sound like a bad idea at this point. That would be a true gold sink, possibly the most effective one in the game (pretty sure I’ve spent more gold on potions than most have on housing). Maybe just add a few standard potion options to the merchant in every trial lobby.

Years ago, when Undaunted Plunder was first added to PTS, a lot of players were concerned about it contributing to gold inflation and suggested alternative rewards instead. Like potions. Nah, we got gold instead. Meh.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • seventhirtyseven_
    Absolutely agree. Raiding and using so many potions so often ruins me. 99% of my gold goes to potions.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tie it into Bastions memento - the 30% chance of better trash pots becomes a 30% cantankerous of a useful pot. Make them bind on pick up if you want but it would make his perk more useful
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eh, I don't think making trash potions into BIS potions is good for the game or for Alchemy crafters. But maybe if essence of weapon/spell power potions dropped like 5% of the time instead of trash pots from all current sources.. that would be cool.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magplar happily wears Rattlecage. When she's logged in as a different class, she has major sorcery/brutality from a class skill. Her combat performance is fine by me. She spends zero gold on potions, simply slotting daily reward tristats and using them if her green, blue or red runs low. She gets more purple free tristats than she uses. She's quite wealthy.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Trinket61
    Trinket61
    ✭✭
    I would like to see the potions adopt the color system . white green blue etc,

At the end of a run my bags have a number of useless pots that are vendor trash .

If the pots were color coded i can use my selling mod.

Quite often i return to battle to find that i have inadvertently sold my 3 ingredient health pots because other than pausing and confirming there is no way to differentiate between them.
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian NBs chug trash pots to gain ultimate and for tri stat buff. One persons trash is another persons treasure.
  • rageofodin
    rageofodin
    ✭✭✭
    I was just thinking of this yesterday

I have 11 toons that I complete writs daily, and still I feel like I dont have enough materials weekly to supply all the potions or crafting materials I need

I cannot imagine how frustrating and tedious this is for a new player coming in with one toon

This is a great idea on how to fix this