The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Undeath Question

propertyOfUndefined
propertyOfUndefined
✭✭✭✭✭
Hoping somebody can clarify how this passive works now as I find the description vague... Do you get the 30% mitigation at <= 70% health?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "While you are at vampire stage 3 or higher

Reduces your damage taken by up to 30% based on your missing Health."

Judging by this one assumes the 30% scales based on your missing health. So 0% health is 30% damage reduction and 100% health is 0% damage reduction. So if you had 50% health it'd be 15% damage reduction.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes sense! Thank you!
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Judging by this one assumes the 30% scales based on your missing health. So 0% health is 30% damage reduction and 100% health is 0% damage reduction. So if you had 50% health it'd be 15% damage reduction.

That would make no sense as 0% health means you're dead, and damage reduction will do nothing for you. Given current danger of skill line it would make more sense for the 30% reduction to cap out at 30-40% health left.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would make no sense as 0% health means you're dead, and damage reduction will do nothing for you. Given current danger of skill line it would make more sense for the 30% reduction to cap out at 30-40% health left.

That would be way to OP so sounds nice but way to powerfull, the new undead is a big buff compared to previous but with much bigger drawbacks.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is pretty OP nevertheless, technically 15% average permanent mitigation AND fire susceptibility was reduced. I absolutely don't understand all the crying about mass vampire cleansing. Bloodspawn nerfed. Double armor monster pieces nerfed. Healing nerfed. vBRP DW won't be so universal as now. How everybody plans to compensate for all those nerfs?
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is pretty OP nevertheless, technically 15% average permanent mitigation AND fire susceptibility was reduced. I absolutely don't understand all the crying about mass vampire cleansing. Bloodspawn nerfed. Double armor monster pieces nerfed. Healing nerfed. vBRP DW won't be so universal as now. How everybody plans to compensate for all those nerfs?

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Don't nerf me futur breton vamp
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Don't nerf me futur breton vamp

It is already last PTS iteration, everybody may stop pretending that mystic items and vampires are useless.

OR

I SUGGEST ALL FELLOW PLAYERS TO CLEAN ALL THEIR VAMPIRES AND DELETE YOUR MAGDKS.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DELETE YOUR MAGDKS.

Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss......
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anybody who might be curious, I tested this on PTS this evening. I tracked damage taken from the same attack as health decreased. Here are some numbers...

100% health = 0% mitigation
    50% health = 15% mitigation
    5% health = 27% mitigation
    Edited by propertyOfUndefined on May 21, 2020 2:16AM
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anybody who might be curious, I tested this on PTS this evening. I tracked damage taken from the same attack as health decreased. Here are some numbers...

Thank you I was expecting this. I will stop using NMA with the extra 5% costs increase and will stay vamp level 3 with undead 8% costs increase, BRP DW for extra 10% mitigation while being offensive plus 10% more damage done. Looks good, missing the 10% sustain will suck..... :(
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So 7 percent damage reduction at 75 percent health?
  • aurelius_fx
    aurelius_fx
    ✭✭✭
    gonna steal this thread for a sec to ask something else about the passive:

-does it stacks with pariah?

-how does other "%" mitigation skills (i.e the necro healing ghost buddy, the flare passive, buffer of swift) add up to that? is it for instance, 30% less damage (let's say that's 3000 damage) and then you add up 10% over that 3000 damage, or do they add up as in 30+10=40%?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gonna steal this thread for a sec to ask something else about the passive:

-does it stacks with pariah?

-how does other "%" mitigation skills (i.e the necro healing ghost buddy, the flare passive, buffer of swift) add up to that? is it for instance, 30% less damage (let's say that's 3000 damage) and then you add up 10% over that 3000 damage, or do they add up as in 30+10=40%?

Undeath is unique and thus works with everything, but the way mitigation stacking works is the following:

You have 50% armor (33k) and reduce the incoming attack by 50%.
    You're at 50% HP and have 15% damage mitigation thanks to Undeath so reduce the remaining 50% damage after armor calculations by 15%.
    You end up removing 57.5% of all incoming damage instead of 65% if it was additive, which it is not.

Another example is you have 25% armor resistances and are at 50% health. This means Undeath would remove 15% of the remaining 75% damage having you mitigate 36.25% of the incoming damage.

In essence Undeath is stronger the less armor you have, but it is still more beneficial to stack armor as high as you can while running it. Other buffs that reduce incoming damage are effected by diminishing returns as well.
    Edited by Vevvev on November 2, 2021 4:21PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In essence Undeath is stronger the less armor you have, but it is still more beneficial to stack armor as high as you can while running it. Other buffs that reduce incoming damage are effected by diminishing returns as well.

Confirming this is correct. I've posted the math before but low armor players (<20k armor) benefit significantly from Undeath when their health is below ~40%. The damage mitigation is not far behind Pariah.
    PC NA