The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The elder Dark convergence online

• Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I played alot of BG's and I have to say that I like the changes so far. The new "animaton" of the set is alot better, compared to before. Now you can really tell where the set is going off. Off to more testing today
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    just reading through folks' comments...

so, the question becomes - if this is such a game breaking set that EVERYONE hates so much - why would zos introduce it, and only lightly nerf it after a couple of months...

ZOS would introduce if because everyone is complaining about ball groups, this was intended as a counter to this. The main problem is that ZOS has a very very poor understanding on PvP, and Cyrodiil in particular. The initial version of the set was intended to combat large groups, but they made it incredibly effective even in 1v1 scenarios. The new version of the set is more sensible, but it blows my mind that this wasn't the first version as the first version was insane.

This all led to DC basically being BiS for all classes that do damage in PvP due to the combination of being disruptive, doing damage , CC and opening up enemy players to other damage sources. Which means is was worn by almost everyone. Which meant in any fight, you'd get randomly pulled into multiple ones. It changed the Cyro combat, and not really for the better. Add the pulling of players off walls. This is why we called for it to be nerfed, it was like NMA on steroids. And if one set is so much better than everything else, then it should be nerfed.

Btw, I love using this set for my sneaky NB build, and for PvE mass pulls. But I totally believe it was busted and far too strong anyway.